Sold out

The Nal

Didn't in the end. I got a place but ended up being lucky in the resale and putting my working place back.

Dunno. I just don't feel as upset as I did last time I missed out. I'm upset but it just requires so much energy to stay optimistic about the resale. I think maybe I should break the cycle and try another festival. Get back in the scrum next October.

I see. Yeah I think we're at a year where it doesn't quite feel as crucial as other years, being the fourth one of five consecutive years between fallow years, which must've been why there seemed to be a few thinking of knocking it on the head next year. It'll likely be a decision you'll have to come to with the group that you go with though; if you can all decide on an alternative festival instead it should be fine but if you're all pulling in different directions and some still want to try for Glastonbury then it'll be tough to keep away from the resales for fear of missing out and such.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see. Yeah I think we're at a year where it doesn't quite feel as crucial as other years, being the fourth one of five consecutive years between fallow years, which must've been why there seemed to be a few thinking of knocking it on the head next year. It'll likely be a decision you'll have to come to with the group that you go with though; if you can all decide on an alternative festival instead it should be fine but if you're all pulling in different directions and some still want to try for Glastonbury then it'll be tough to keep away from the resales for fear of missing out and such.

Well that's another thing - it was going to be just the two of us this year anyway. So quite easy to switch focus. When I missed out initially for 2014 I had other friends that got tickets and was more desperate to go with them.

Hadn't thought about the halfway to fallow year thing. Maybe that's why I'm less bothered, maybe it's because of other stuff going on in my life. That's not to say I'm not bothered. I'm just a bit less bothered. In 2014 it was unthinkable I wouldn't go. Now the idea of taking my time and looking at line ups and getting a ticket for something else at leisure seems appealing. Obviously I won't rule anything out until april but I quite like the idea of helping someone else to go because I don't.

Presume you were lucky? :)

Well that's another thing - it was going to be just the two of us this year anyway. So quite easy to switch focus. When I missed out initially for 2014 I had other friends that got tickets and was more desperate to go with them.

Hadn't thought about the halfway to fallow year thing. Maybe that's why I'm less bothered, maybe it's because of other stuff going on in my life. That's not to say I'm not bothered. I'm just a bit less bothered. In 2014 it was unthinkable I wouldn't go. Now the idea of taking my time and looking at line ups and getting a ticket for something else at leisure seems appealing. Obviously I won't rule anything out until april but I quite like the idea of helping someone else to go because I don't.

Yep. I'm always lucky! I couldn't say what I'd end up doing if I missed out on the general sale as I haven't experienced it yet, but being able to see lineups fill out and shop around over the coming months does seem appealing. There does appear to be a lot of festivals trying to offer different aspects of what Glastonbury does now so trying something else instead doesn't seem to be the doomsday scenario it may seem at first, and there are a few Glasto-going forum members whose views I trust that prefer other ones too. You'll be fine whichever decision you make - it's just 2017 you'll really want to get a Glastonbury in before the year off.

Edited by dentalplan

I don't understand how people never even got a look at the holding page... Got up at 8.50, logged into see tickets and got holding page immediately. Let it auto refresh and it never dropped connection. Connected to the ticket page at around 9.25. Gutted for those that didn't get them. I missed out for 3 years before last year and never got a sniff in the resale; it's an awful feeling. Beginning to think a lottery would be fairer

Gutted to have missed out but my focus for the next 6 months can be elsewhere, my studies certainly will enjoy the extra time. Will certainly try in the resale and hope for the best. Hopefully some of my eFestivals resale karma can help me out :lol:

Noooooo don't give up. This could be the last time New Order ever play there.

I don't understand how people never even got a look at the holding page... Got up at 8.50, logged into see tickets and got holding page immediately. Let it auto refresh and it never dropped connection. Connected to the ticket page at around 9.25. Gutted for those that didn't get them. I missed out for 3 years before last year and never got a sniff in the resale; it's an awful feeling. Beginning to think a lottery would be fairer

Did you F5 at all, or just leave the page auto refreshing?

Noooooo don't give up. This could be the last time New Order ever play there.

True! But I am seeing them in Brixton.

I don't know. I won't say I definitely won't try the resale but I'm leaning that way quite heavily and that's such a shift that it feels significant. I feel I should go with it.

I'll deffo try 2017. Would hate to miss it three years on the trot.

I've been so scared of missing it all this time that I almost want to prove to myself I can and be fine! If that makes sense. Maybe I'll just let the ticket gods decide for me in October from now on and take failures on the chin and try somewhere else.

It feels like a strange void.

Gutted to have missed out but my focus for the next 6 months can be elsewhere, my studies certainly will enjoy the extra time. Will certainly try in the resale and hope for the best. Hopefully some of my eFestivals resale karma can help me out :lol:

You'll be alright tuna, we'll get you there

I don't understand how people never even got a look at the holding page...

One example in my case.. I was trying via my home PC on a Virgin Media connection, and also via a Remote Desktop connection to my work PC.

My home PC was always able to connect to the site, albeit getting busy messages for the first 10 minutes.. But accessing the site from the work PC was shockingly bad - page constantly timing out, errors, etc. The busy page would load maybe 1 time in 10.

Thing is, I work for a reasonably large University so I'm sure a large number of others (mostly students) would have been using the network as well, and my suspicion is that our web gateway will have seen the flood of connections to seetickets and panicked.

Thing is, I work for a reasonably large University so I'm sure a large number of others (mostly students) would have been using the network as well, and my suspicion is that our web gateway will have seen the flood of connections to seetickets and panicked.

Ah, of course. I too work for a large university, but in a unit far away from the campus and any pesky students so I didn't think about that. That was also the connection I was trying the most on because my work laptop wouldn't let me install anything, not even the institution's recommended anti-virus, which prevented me using the VPN or a second browser on that machine, which is a completely different bizarre thing in itself.

Edited by Untz

Very strange here. Got to the add registrations page around 0910. Each time I clicked proceed the connection dropped out and got a blank page. Repeated F5 and eventually the add reg page came back. 7 times. Finally got to payment page around 0920. Again, dropped out to a blank page. F5 brought me back to the payment page. 4 times. Even if I opened the original glastonbury.seetickets.com page in a separate tab it took me back to the payment page.

Never got the payment though before sold out. Still can't quite believe how I missed out.

I managed to get half our groups. It is horrible having to tell a friend they do not have a ticket but managed to get one for yourself.

Yes I know what you mean - I normally have to do that every year - nothing to do with tickets - its Volunteer places.

say I request 12 places and I am allocated 6 places it means that 6 are stuffed.

Who the six are I leave up to them - they all know each other so someone may say ' well I worked last year so you have my place ' { yes it does happen } - most of the time I can get it down to six but if there is two people left I will then select on experience so Fred may have 20 years experience and Mary may only have 5 years experience so Fred gets it.

once its all fixed up I will then help the six that is left to secure  a volunteer place not with the WBC so one way or the other they will get there.Once they are onsite I can fix up day passes for them .

if all else fails I will offer up my own place - that will soon nudge them into making a compromise.

I have yet to flip a coin. 

GET TUNA TO GLASTONBURY 2016

i got you bro

Curious this year. Everyone I know on a Virgin home broadband account was able to get the holding page over and over again and was eventually able to get tickets. I did not have a sniff on my crappy Talk Talk home broadband, but the VPN to work was able to get to the holding page over and over again. I thought that proves its just luck then. This morning I happened to ask our Network Manager who it is that presents our public circuit for work. Turns out its Virgin Business.

See use a Virgin Business Cloud to host their Glasto ticketing infrastructure.....

Anyone else on Virgin Home Broadband that didn't even get to a holding page?

Edited by Pinhead

I have Virgin Home Broadband (the 200Mbps one) and I seen the holding page only once for about 2 seconds but that was it.

My girlfriend and brother both got through to the confirm registrations page but it sold out just before they were able to confirm.

Pretty gutted as missed last year due to health reasons but it's the first time in 4 attempts we've failed so that's just the way it goes. Will try for re-sale while contemplating going to France for Euro 2016 to not watch Scotland.

Curious this year. Everyone I know on a Virgin home broadband account was able to get the holding page over and over again and was eventually able to get tickets. I did not have a sniff on my crappy Talk Talk home broadband, but the VPN to work was able to get to the holding page over and over again. I thought that proves its just luck then. This morning I happened to ask our Network Manager who it is that presents our public circuit for work. Turns out its Virgin Business.

See use a Virgin Business Cloud to host their Glasto ticketing infrastructure.....

Interesting.

My home pc via Post Office (Talk Talk) didn't get a sniff either, just white page unavailable.

My work laptop via VPN repeatedly got the countdown page.

I got through to pay three times, but tickets were already purchased, as I'd not kept looking at our sales list, was too busy cutting and pasting.

Guess what, Virgin provide our access too.