Sold out

The Nal

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen some mad speeds banded around for Virgin Home Broadband as well. 100-200Mb/s and so on - rarely achievable in actual terms given contention and QoS and other traffic / protocol biasing systems at Virgin. Its fast but not consistently that fast - maybe on a good day when the whole neighbourhood is on holiday and not watching Netflix and so on...

probably pure coincidence, but i had the site loaded on both Safari and Chrome - Safari refreshed quick and reached the holding page constantly (and was what eventually got me through) whereas Chrome kept crashing to the 'page cannot be found' page and seemed much much slower refreshing

I noticed this. Chrome seemed shit and rarely got to the holding page. My beloved firefox won the day for me.

Also, just thought.  The pc that got nowhere via Talk Talk (PO) was plugged into my router via cable.  The work lappy that connected via VPN (Virgin) was using my very tenuous WiFi link through 2 solid brick/concrete walls.

I was not trying for tickets this year for myself , last two years I have waited for the resale and always managed to get some.

I was trying for others though.  I got through to entering my card details for a friend only to be told it had sold out once I had entered my card security code.

I keep saying this but until they ditch the deposit scheme October will always be a nightmare , its too easy for people to pay a deposit then decide in March or April if they are going or not.

I keep saying this but until they ditch the deposit scheme October will always be a nightmare , its too easy for people to pay a deposit then decide in March or April if they are going or not.

whilst the deposit scheme does come in handy (not having to have a spare £230 sitting in your bank) this is a good point - far too easy (well, if you get through) for people to just stick £50 down now and worry about if they actually want to go later

Not so sure, it takes an awful amount of trying and luck to even get to pay that deposit.....I have to say if I wasn't bothered to the extent where i was thinking 'I might go not sure' rather then 'I can't wait to go' I just wouldn't be arsed....much easier festivals to get a ticket for then glastonbury.

true, but really, what's half an hour out of your day pressing F5? it may be stressful stuff for us desperate to go, but i'm sure a fair few people just think 'fuck it' and give it a go. really doesn't take much to register and wake up a bit early on a Sunday and then decide later at the expense of a tenner

I have been thinking of getting rid of Virgin, but I might have to keep it now if it helps me get tickets every year!

I had no problems connecting to See at all.  I never once got a blank page or a timeout.  Hitting F5 would refresh the page pretty much immediately.  I got through to the booking page at 9:10 and the payment went straight through.

For me this was the easiest year since 2005, when I had my tickets booked within 2 minutes of the sale starting.

Edited by windy_miller

I have been thinking of getting rid of Virgin, but I might have to keep it now if it helps me get tickets every year!

I had no problems connecting to See at all.  I never once got a blank page or a timeout.  Hitting F5 would refresh the page pretty much immediately.  I got through to the booking page at 9:10 and the payment went straight through.

For me this was the easiest year since 2005, when I had my tickets booked within 2 minutes of the sale starting.

I've been with 4 or 5 internet providers and virgin is streets ahead of any of them (not just in terms of glastonbury). I would advise against giving it up!

I've been with 4 or 5 internet providers and virgin is streets ahead of any of them (not just in terms of glastonbury). I would advise against giving it up!

Not saying it makes any difference at all mind. Just interested in the circumstantial success reports I hear.

Keep the faith. This is what happened to me in 2013 and 2014 and I got there! Happy to help in resale. PM details. Cheers

Cheers Ian, will do. A long way to go though! :( , April seems forever and it will be a strange feeling not visiting here to see the rumours etc, but I might take a peek every now and then , just in case :)

Do not give up on Virgin. It is miles better then the rest, sadly, we moved to an area that doesn't have Virgin - it's upsetting when you go from such a good service to BT at 2MB!

I'm with Virgin and didn't get a look in.