2016 Other Stage headliners

Rose-Colored Boy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, russycarps said:

cheers mate, if adele's on the pyramid I'll give them another go. I'm being unfair to include the hyde park thing as that was garbage all round. I didnt know about all the ins and outs of the hook issue.

The sad thing with the Hooky issue is that if he wins the court case it will put an end to New Order.

I hope they are fantastic at Glastonbury and I hope Hooky is sat at home watching it on the BBC and crying into his Hollands cheese and onion pie.

8 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I would say it's unlikely but not impossible, can't imagine who on earth they'd put between her and BMTH which makes me think she's definitely subbing

I can't think of anyone to put in between them either. Although shes not in the public eye so much anymore, surely she would be a sub at least just off her back catalogue and history?

I think she will sub the Other but at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if she played 3rd down. It'll probably be a case of popularity over quality whatever we may think.

Last year's subs were Jamie T, Mark Ronson and Ben Howard. All of whom would probably be considered more popular than PJ at the current time.

The Maccabees, Courteeners and Belle and Sebastian were 3rd down. I would say she's closer to this group in terms of popularity.

But honestly, who fucking knows?

Edited by Andeeroo
I have no idea why the formatting has shat itself.

33 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I can't think of anyone to put in between them either. Although shes not in the public eye so much anymore, surely she would be a sub at least just off her back catalogue and history?

There're so many options for bands to put between them.

Kendrick Lamar, Chvrches, The 1975, The Last Shadow Puppets, Tame Impala, The Weeknd, The National. All those bands everyone seems to say there "isn't a slot" for.

Where does it suggest BMTH as a headliner by the way? They still seem more of a sub to me.

Edited by Acid_Haze

12 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Peter hook is playing Wakefield in a couple of weeks. New order aren't. I don't think he's the one that should be jealous!!

I am gonna go to the Substance shows at The Apollo. Am not a fan of Hooky personally really but it can't be understated how big an influence Substance has had on my life

Is there a reason that so many people, on various threads, seem to be ignoring that Neil of this parish has had Bring Me The Horizon as Sunday Other Stage Headliners for about three months.

Personally would have PJ Harvey 3rd down with absolutely no idea who I would put between.

Gonna keep on blazing the Sigur Ros trail, soz. They were announced for Citadel as a 'London exclusive', right? Where else could they possibly be but Glastonbury? Dublin on the Sunday, nothing else lined up... anyone fancy a friendly gentlemen's wager on them appearing? (Not sure on their position, mind)

Just now, Tuna said:

Gonna keep on blazing the Sigur Ros trail, soz. They were announced for Citadel as a 'London exclusive', right? Where else could they possibly be but Glastonbury? Dublin on the Sunday, nothing else lined up... anyone fancy a friendly gentlemen's wager on them appearing? (Not sure on their position, mind)

I still think they're gonna be announced for this Wilderness festival which has yet to be revealed; but I like your optimism and pray you're right

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

They are historical let downs. Possibly a sub if they did though? I had PJ nailed as a sub but evidently not. Or maybe same position as her on Other?

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Latitude?

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

Who is going to play above her and before BMTH?

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I would say it's unlikely but not impossible, can't imagine who on earth they'd put between her and BMTH which makes me think she's definitely subbing

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

yep, she could.

Every time someone has posted that she should headline or sub I've thought that.

So in reply to all, the suggestion was before that she would be 3rd or 4th down and The 1975 could easily fit above her. 

Courteeners, MSP both recently played 3rd and both are more relevant at the moment, 3rd Other is what I see happening.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

So in reply to all, the suggestion was before that she would be 3rd or 4th down and The 1975 could easily fit above her. 

Courteeners, MSP both recently played 3rd and both are more relevant at the moment, 3rd Other is what I see happening.

I would be happy at that if its De La Soul and EWF on west Holts straight after her.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Seemingly already repeating The National as a headliner which they haven't done before so it would be unusual to repeat 2, although I'd say they're still a realistic possibility unless something has ruled them out

I'm going by; if Latitude announce Radiohead, we get The National, if Latitude announce The National, we get Radiohead. If Latitude announce both, we get none, if Latitude announce neither, we get both.

42 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Sad I know really but I played and promoted a night called Substance for over 10 years. Everyone thought the name was drug related but nothing could be further from the truth :rofl:

409-Substance-May-3rd.jpg

Yeah yeah yeah and that new clubnight called 'double drop' with the logo of pacman eating a pill has nothing to do with drugs either

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Seemingly already repeating The National as a headliner which they haven't done before so it would be unusual to repeat 2, although I'd say they're still a realistic possibility unless something has ruled them out

I think they're doing Thursday and Saturday in mainland Europe and Sunday in London, which makes it almost certain they won't end up there.

Just now, dentalplan said:

I think they're doing Thursday and Saturday in mainland Europe and Sunday in London, which makes it almost certain they won't end up there.

I knew there was a reason they weren't likely but couldn't remember. That's good then. Still think they're more likely for Wilderness than Glastonbury though. There just doesn't seem to be any room for them 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I knew there was a reason they weren't likely but couldn't remember. That's good then. Still think they're more likely for Wilderness than Glastonbury though. There just doesn't seem to be any room for them 

First announcement 23rd Feb for that. I'm expecting them there too but if they're not then there's serious reason to get hyped.