Glastocam!

pauladam

2 hours ago, DirtyLurker said:

Def separate gate from CV west, now Sticklinch, but cheers re: image is Gate A, ahhh shit I thought it looked nice and close 😆 it is in fact far away😭

Cheers, very much hidden, was wishful thinking on my part that D was in fact closer than it actually is!  The Park & Arcadia will be my main hangouts then.

Screenshot_20220608-110501_Chrome.jpg

I can confirm Gate D it's fucking miles from everywhere. I know this cos I always end up working on it. Its especially far from the Oxfam campsite. 

11 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

This site is not going to be ready in time. it seems so far behind.

Looks in a pretty similar stage as this time in 2019 - even taking it back to 4th June 2019 to account for the earlier start this year shows pretty much the same picture - if anything, more has been done this time

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

46 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

This was 14 days out in 2019. There's really very little difference to today 10-30-00_default.jpg

Looking at 2019 I am more concerned that we're behind, though against 2017 it's probably a lot closer. In 2019 the John Peel was being raised by this time and Silver Hayes was much further ahead. The gate infrastructure also looked to have been setup and all the trackway seemed to have been laid.

In 2017 however, while the trackway and gate infrastructure was there by 2 weeks out of gates opening, there's still no sign of the John Peel tent and Silver Hayes was looking as barren as it is today. They were also only working on their 7th Tepee, there's at least 10 up so far this year...

Here's a photo from 2 weeks out in 2017 for reference

2017 2 weeks out.jpg

3 hours ago, dmedxb said:

Willow Meadows used to be called The Pop-Up Hotel right? We camp at ZooBells which is the site next door to that. 

It's a bit of a walk, yeah. 10mins from camp to Gate D and then another 15 to the Park. I always find it to be quite a nice way to start the day, shakes out the cobwebs, but the walk from the SE corner at 3am is a real bugger! 

Yes used to be Pop Up, I wasn't too bothered by the walk until I had this stupid injury!  Good news from fracture clinic this morn, only have to wear splint for 3 weeks so 2 weeks from now I'll be in a much stronger position, and I've purchased a much more comfortable splint so I can get back to planning 😁👍

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

I can confirm Gate D it's fucking miles from everywhere. I know this cos I always end up working on it. Its especially far from the Oxfam campsite. 

Ah well more hobbling time is still time at Glastonbury, I'm taking as many positive as I can right now 😁

3 minutes ago, andymk said:

Looking at 2019 I am more concerned that we're behind, though against 2017 it's probably a lot closer. In 2019 the John Peel was being raised by this time and Silver Hayes was much further ahead. The gate infrastructure also looked to have been setup and all the trackway seemed to have been laid.

In 2017 however, while the trackway and gate infrastructure was there by 2 weeks out of gates opening, there's still no sign of the John Peel tent and Silver Hayes was looking as barren as it is today. They were also only working on their 7th Tepee, there's at least 10 up so far this year...

Here's a photo from 2 weeks out in 2017 for reference

2017 2 weeks out.jpg

Stages like Silver Hayes and John Peel go up in a day or two normally. I am sure they have specific dates for arrivals so I don't think there's any reason for anyone to worry. I'm sure some of the structures are probably being used at other events too this summer and it all depends on when things are ready to arrive on site.

5 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Are you the Nal of the Glastocam thread? 🤔

It always seems like that doesn't it - so much to do still from memory of what is usually there - but they seem to manage to pull their finger out and get it done in the last few days. I remember once though, I think it was an area in SE, that was not signed off in time and so was not open until the Thurs PM.

2 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Nah, more done than last time in certain areas. E.g. Pyramid. Less work in others e.g. Arcadia and silver Hayes and glade. 

It'll be fine. 

Would love to see the project plan though. 🤓

3 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

It always seems like that doesn't it - so much to do still from memory of what is usually there - but they seem to manage to pull their finger out and get it done in the last few days. I remember once though, I think it was an area in SE, that was not signed off in time and so was not open until the Thurs PM.

I think this was 2016 when it was so wet in the lead up it delayed loads of stuff.