Glastocam!

pauladam

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That and the fact it's for iPlayer.

From my understanding, what they are doing on the farm is not for the iPlayer - it's for the BBC Two programs at 8pm Fri, Sat & Sun, see here.

The 'secret' sets on iPlayer are just unannounced recordings of previous sets. I think 2 are headlines sets (Thu & Mon) as the gaps are 1 hour 30 mins and the Sunday gap is 60 mins, so that is probably a Sunday Legends set.

Edited by Dukeicon

1 minute ago, Dukeicon said:

From my understanding, what they are doing on the farm is not for the iPlayer - it's for the BBC Two programs at 8pm Fri, Sat & Sun, see here.

The 'secret' sets on iPlayer are just unannounced recordings of previous sets. I think 2 are headlines sets (Thu & Mon) as the gaps are 1 hour 30 mins and the Sunday gap is 60 mins, so that would be a Sunday Legends set.

So a big acts back on the cards, thanks Duke.

6 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

Taylor is in London. 

(I need to stop getting stupidly excited but it is nice to have that buzz I'd usually have the Tuesday before.)

Is she? She was isolating in Nashville last I saw. Has she now come over here?

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

Well this is exciting! Certainly hope it's not Taylor instead of playing next year 😂

Does make me think the secret sets are going to be live...has to be Coldplay surely?

Oh yeah gotta be nailed on for at least one of them! :lol:

I just cant see them having a big live act there, it will be a security/policing nightmare, there must be expecting loads to turn up over the weekend already without a rumour of a big act performing live, they simply wont be able to stop people getting to the site without a fence and as soon as people see punters there it will be a free for all for hundreds more to head to the farm. Too much of a health and safety risk, people will camp there all weekend if they could and the police wouldn't allow it, and it might create licencing issues for future years? They might have a One show broadcast there, and have prerecorded sets from the site over recent weeks, but I cant see big  live acts there this weekend

... now packing my tent and heading down tomorrow....

13 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

I just cant see them having a big live act there, it will be a security/policing nightmare, there must be expecting loads to turn up over the weekend already without a rumour of a big act performing live, they simply wont be able to stop people getting to the site without a fence and as soon as people see punters there it will be a free for all for hundreds more to head to the farm. Too much of a health and safety risk, people will camp there all weekend if they could and the police wouldn't allow it, and it might create licencing issues for future years? They might have a One show broadcast there, and have prerecorded sets from the site over recent weeks, but I cant see big  live acts there this weekend

... now packing my tent and heading down tomorrow....

The cynic in me tends to agree although if it's true they have security at the gates and it's a big act doing a low-key, surprise acoustic performance I could see that happening. They'd have to be incredibly careful though.

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

The cynic in me tends to agree although if it's true they have security at the gates and it's a big act doing a low-key, surprise acoustic performance I could see that happening. They'd have to be incredibly careful though.

But if theres no fence where would the security go, its s huge open area, anyone could get in without too much effort I would have thought, it's just a load of big fields with not a lot of stopping anyone from moving from field to field if they wanted to. I cant see how they can stop people getting in if they were determined enough

3 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

But if theres no fence where would the security go, its s huge open area, anyone could get in without too much effort I would have thought, it's just a load of big fields with not a lot of stopping anyone from moving from field to field if they wanted to. I cant see how they can stop people getting in if they were determined enough

I agree with you but I'm not sure how many would really try? So far it's just us nerds that have noticed the webcam. If it's kept under wraps until it happens I think they could be okay, but only like I said if it's a small scale acoustic thing. Who knows, could be everything or nothing!