Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still recovering from seeing Faithless in Glasgow last night. Would love to see them at Glastonbury! A pyramid slot in the darkness with their light show would be amazing. Even the other stage headline slot would be a possible and would be a nice alternative to coldplay/muse!

1 minute ago, russycarps said:

how is muse nailed in?

but regardless of muse, adele+coldplay will make the resales nighmareish I agree.

Heard from someone I trust who would know quite a while a go it was those three and that plus the talk of headliners who've played before it just seems that way to me now.

Honestly I am just convincing myself of it now so I am not gutted when it's announced

5 minutes ago, Redwinevino said:

Heard from someone I trust who would know quite a while a go it was those three and that plus the talk of headliners who've played before it just seems that way to me now.

Honestly I am just convincing myself of it now so I am not gutted when it's announced

goddam...

oh well, hopefully pj harvey and sigur ros are headlining somewhere then I care not about the pyramid. Bet they end up clashing now I've typed that...

The video of Adele announcing the tour on Twitter has her saying "I've been bluffing this whole time, of COURSE i'll be going out on tour" so you'd presume she's also been bluffing about Glastonbury. I predict she'll sell this whole lot out next weekend then perhaps get announced as headliner soon after?

https://twitter.com/adele/status/669863983072075776

Edited by wozwebs

1 minute ago, Jonny Hobbs said:

Are Muse as big as they used to be then? 

They certainly seemed headline sized in 2010, but they receive less mainstream airtime now. I would consider them a weak headliner all things considered.  

Eh they're probably the second biggest band in Britain after Coldplay. They're playing 5 nights at the O2 next year as part of their arena tour. They're a massive headliner.

47 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Ooft, that's a big tour with space for loads of extra dates. At least that puts an end to the idea of her being scared of doing big gigs.

Not completely but it's heading in that direction. She's gonna be doing loads of separate arena shows, though she's clearly the biggest artist in the world right now and could have done a bunch of stadiums easily, which suggests that the 80k crowds might still spook her but 20k people in an arena ain't as bad. So there's still an argument for it but it's nowhere near as strong as if she was doing no big shows. Also it's not exactly proven that she can pull it off yet, as nerves could still overcome her at one of these gigs - though I hope they don't.

I might go and see Coldplay depending on who they are up against but I definitely won't be popping along to see beige Adele and although I don't mind Muse, if they do headline I've seen them a few times now and so doubt I'll watch them this time around. 

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not completely but it's heading in that direction. She's gonna be doing loads of separate arena shows, though she's clearly the biggest artist in the world right now and could have done a bunch of stadiums easily, which suggests that the 80k crowds might still spook her but 20k people in an arena ain't as bad. So there's still an argument for it but it's nowhere near as strong as if she was doing no big shows. Also it's not exactly proven that she can pull it off yet, as nerves could still overcome her at one of these gigs - though I hope they don't.

nah, there's not many stadiums you can play during March/April as football is usually on. although she could play Wembley and other massive outdoor venues. March/April weather isn't great for that though.

an arena tour then stadiums later would be my guess. dunno when she'll fit in the US dates, maybe all throughout the Autumn, then off to Australia for Winter 2016 (which will be lovely and warm there, so massive outdoor shows).

9 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Eh they're probably the second biggest band in Britain after Coldplay. They're playing 5 nights at the O2 next year as part of their arena tour. They're a massive headliner.

Interesting - i had no idea they still had that level of appeal.

Whats the specific info indicating its them, rather than say Foo Fighters?