Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Hi guys. Been lurkin' this forum lots. I have my fingers crossed for all of us.

i was wondering about the page after the reg. number and postcode - is it just all your card details (card number, start date, exp date, 3 digits on the back)? Anything less or anything more? I tried the april resale but never got that far. Trying to be as prepared as possible!

9 minutes ago, siblin said:

Are you refreshing too fast?  might have put you in a refresh blocker queue.

So, in the actual sales, can you be 'blocked' as your hitting refresh too fast? 

2 minutes ago, svphie said:

i was wondering about the page after the reg. number and postcode - is it just all your card details (card number, start date, exp date, 3 digits on the back)? Anything less or anything more? I tried the april resale but never got that far. Trying to be as prepared as possible!

Name, e-mail, phone, address details, card details. All except card details will automatically populate with the lead booker's details.

For card details, you need the card number, expiry and CCV. It doesn't ask you for your name.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alking said:

So, in the actual sales, can you be 'blocked' as your hitting refresh too fast? 

That's the current theory! would explain some stuff I've been seeing.  We're talking more than once a second though...

6 minutes ago, svphie said:

I wonder about this as well - I assume 

Card number

Name on card

Exp date

Security code (3-4 digits)

Billing address?

Better answered above.

Edited by Friend Chicken
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Nutella Versace said:

Don't know if it means that tickets are on sale, but I just got this when refreshing the Tickets page.

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 10.32.31.png

That's a cached screen. The real one is showing this

IMG_3002.PNG

1 minute ago, siblin said:

That's the current theory! would explain some stuff I've been seeing.  We're talking more than once a second though...

Ah, ok. worth knowing though

1 minute ago, majormajormajor said:

Name, e-mail, phone, address details, card details. All except card details will automatically populate with the lead booker's details.

For card details, you need the card number, expiry and CCV. It doesn't ask you for your name.

do the address details need to match the card's billing details?

I'm buying for a friend, so do I leave it as his address, or change to my own credit card address?

I think from however few tickets there are going to be available the vast proportion will go to the really organised folk either involved here or in similar setups.

Random Joe Public won't even know it happened 

3 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

Now - when you say e-mail, is that the email of the buyer, or specifically the person for whom the ticket will be registered? I'll be trying for a pal, so would it be my email address or his??

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

I'm buying for a friend, so do I leave it as his address, or change to my own credit card address?

I'm doing the same, apparently you can use your card details so it should be fine.

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

billing address needs to match the card or you run the risk of it being rejected.  In the past you couldn't change the billing address from the lead bookers but cant remember if its still like that.

For safety - and fast fingers, the card should match the lead bookers name and address.

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I don't think they do. I just bought a car park ticket and put in my work address for delivery, it went through fine. My card isn't registered at my work address. Is it worth the risk though?

Edited by majormajormajor

Just now, siblin said:

billing address needs to match the card or you run the risk of it being rejected.  In the past you couldn't change the billing address from the lead bookers but cant remember if its still like that.

For safety - and fast fingers, the card should match the lead bookers name and address.

BUT can the registration number and name completely mismatch with the lead booker / card details? If I get through I'll just buy it for my friend myself and let him pay me back rather then mess around using his card details etc....?

2 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

Now - when you say e-mail, is that the email of the buyer, or specifically the person for whom the ticket will be registered? I'll be trying for a pal, so would it be my email address or his??

From memory, it's 12 months since I've got through to buy tickets - I'm pretty sure This will be the email address associated with the reg details so there should be no need to change to your own email address in

3 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

BUT can the registration number and name completely mismatch with the lead booker / card details? If I get through I'll just buy it for my friend myself and let him pay me back rather then mess around using his card details etc....?

yes it makes no difference who the lead booker is and who the card owner is.

If I was in charge of tickets I think I'd keep a few extra back from the general sales and release them with the refunded ones. Like has been said, it will be the organised and the dedicated that have the best chance. And obviously the lucky - even the most dedicated have to use the shitter every now and then. 

3 minutes ago, siblin said:

so there's an "address" field, pre-populated from the reg, for ticket delivery.

and then a separate billing address field when you're filling out the card details?

or just one address field (pre-populated)?

Just now, smudger said:

yes it makes no difference who the lead booker is and who the card owner is.

Cracking - ta! First experience of waiting around for the secret resales.... praying its today or tomorrow and not next week, as this is wreaking havoc with my exam preparation!

4 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

I did this last year, secured tickets for friends and used my debit card - different name/address and had no issues. 

Hopefully this will still be the case as it's what I plan to do this time.