Secret resales 2015

Terence99

11 minutes ago, Jenniferaliceee said:

There's always the chance they won't sell any and production will absorb the rest. My cousin is a tech for Radiohead and I think they are getting pretty massive comps (have already asked to be smuggled in in a flight case)

Hopefully not, Kanye had the most ridiculous amount of comps (so many I heard on quite good authority the Maccabees got ONE) and there was a secret sale the year he played. Although don't know if loads of people returned theirs because whatever your thoughts on his music he is a massive asshat.

I'd like to think there are X amount of GA tickets and these would be unaffected by anything else. I can't remember specifics but I'm sure there was an extension on the official admission figures in the last few years which allowed for something like 50k staff to be onsite? I might just be pulling that out of my arse but I'd imagine there is enough leeway in those numbers to cover all the comp tickets.

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I'd like to think there are X amount of GA tickets and these would be unaffected by anything else. I can't remember specifics but I'm sure there was an extension on the official admission figures in the last few years which allowed for something like 50k staff to be onsite? I might just be pulling that out of my arse but I'd imagine there is enough leeway in those numbers to cover all the comp tickets.

Here's hoping!

4 minutes ago, Gingerpops said:

Have people received any text updates today? I tried setting up the checkpage with my sisters mobile number as I'm abroad this week. She said there's been no alerts so far today. Is that correct? 

Thanks,

correct - you can log in to checkpage and see when last change was (last week)

Edit: by correct I do of course mean no.

Edited by p.pete

1 minute ago, morethanaphelan said:

Didn't someone in last year's sale thread flag a text change within the source html about a half hour before the sale? I have only a very basic knowledge of HTML, and can't find anything in that regard in the current source.

Yeah, there were a few false alarms with HTML meddling by See also - where changes were detected but nothing happened. But, saying that, there was always HTML changes by See flagged up on here before every actual sale too. 

1 minute ago, Gingerpops said:

Have people received any text updates today? I tried setting up the checkpage with my sisters mobile number as I'm abroad this week. She said there's been no alerts so far today. Is that correct? 

Thanks,

No updates so far! Haven't received any since the refund date.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gingerpops said:

Thanks,

No alerts so far today....

• Upvote 1

Just now, RandyFishcake said:

Yeah, there were a few false alarms with HTML meddling by See also - where changes were detected but nothing happened. But, saying that, there was always HTML changes by See flagged up on here before every actual sale too. 

Yeah, but there was a line of code that went <text>We have a very limited number of tickets for sale</text> or something to that effect. The post seemed to be glossed over at the time, and I cba trawling back through that thread to find it, but I would imagine that would be a decent indicator.

4 minutes ago, morethanaphelan said:

Yeah, but there was a line of code that went <text>We have a very limited number of tickets for sale</text> or something to that effect. The post seemed to be glossed over at the time, and I cba trawling back through that thread to find it, but I would imagine that would be a decent indicator.

Ah fair enough! Has anyone got some sort of check system on the HTML code? I've got no idea how you'd go about that!

24 minutes ago, morethanaphelan said:

Can't find anything on this

2 minutes ago, Robinn said:

Can't find anything on this

I only know how to view basic code using web inspector with safari, no text like that was visible at all after a quick look. Or was it a more advanced way of checking code to view this?

1 minute ago, The Clearest Blue said:

If the refund window only closed on Friday, depending on the amount of last minute refunds, I can't see the resale being until at least Wednesday just to give them time to sort it out. If I'm right (I'm probably not) that means another day of waiting.

Historically it has been 4 days, 5 days, 6 days and 10 days between refund closure and resale - so it could happen any time at all from now on.
I am sure it takes seconds to do a refund, in fact it is probably automated.

Don't know is this will help or not, but we returned one ticket late on Thursday night and the ticket order has been updated and the cash back in the bank today, so they must be very close if not already finished with the processing of the returned tickets. Hopefully it won't be long as i'n nervous just thinking about what you folks are going through!

1 minute ago, The other Bellboy said:

Don't know is this will help or not, but we returned one ticket late on Thursday night and the ticket order has been updated and the cash back in the bank today, so they must be very close if not already finished with the processing of the returned tickets. Hopefully it won't be long as i'n nervous just thinking about what you folks are going through!

Always good to know, thanks! :)

3 minutes ago, lobo said:

I only know how to view basic code using web inspector with safari, no text like that was visible at all after a quick look. Or was it a more advanced way of checking code to view this?

Dunno. I'm pretty sure I didn't make it up, but it's always a possibility! I remember vividly someone saying that the source had changed to X, and a short time later everyone lost their shit. Maybe it was 2015. It's a few weeks since I read it when doing research for the quagmire we all find ourselves in.

3 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Historically it has been 4 days, 5 days, 6 days and 10 days between refund closure and resale - so it could happen any time at all from now on.
I am sure it takes seconds to do a refund, in fact it is probably automated.

I wonder why they waited so long / took so long to get organised last year, everything (announcements / build start) seems to be coming slightly earlier this year so hopefully it won't be a long wait.