Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just now, morethanaphelan said:

Dunno. I'm pretty sure I didn't make it up, but it's always a possibility! I remember vividly someone saying that the source had changed to X, and a short time later everyone lost their shit. Maybe it was 2015. It's a few weeks since I read it when doing research for the quagmire we all find ourselves in.

I don't doubt it being a possibility at all. Web developers can easily start changing the code ahead of updating the live page. Web inspector is the limit of my code checking knowledge though unfortunately. Definitely worth checking all options to make this as painless as possible. Cheers!

4 minutes ago, lobo said:

I only know how to view basic code using web inspector with safari, no text like that was visible at all after a quick look. Or was it a more advanced way of checking code to view this?

They have jQuery on the site so you could in theory use it to look for some specific block of text such as "tickets for sale", by popping something like the following in the browser console:

$('#content div:contains(tickets for sale)').length

Which would return something higher than 0 if it found anything hidden or otherwise.

However, in reality this is likely to be a waste of energy - as Neil says you can't make assumptions such as what new text you think there'll be, or even predict how they'll change the page at all.

1 minute ago, Friend Chicken said:

Any metalheads in here? Lamb of God is giving me the energy to get through this haha

Haha went from Animal Alpha to Mastodon. Might give Lamb of God a spin after Crack the Skye.

Just now, Robinn said:

First someone tried to call me, few minutes later there's someone at the door ringing the bell....

Not sure if I'm gonna be alive by the time the resale window opens....

QJpMThk.gif

Keep calm, have a drink of water, you will be OK.

Easy for me to say, I have tickets and am just trying for someone I have never met!! I feel more nervous than when getting my own tickets.

2 minutes ago, Joj said:

They have jQuery on the site so you could in theory use it to look for some specific block of text such as "tickets for sale", by popping something like the following in the browser console:

$('#content div:contains(tickets for sale)').length

Which would return something higher than 0 if it found anything hidden or otherwise.

However, in reality this is likely to be a waste of energy - as Neil says you can't make assumptions such as what new text you think there'll be, or even predict how they'll change the page at all.

Yeah absolutely, don't think i'll be digging around that deep. Good to know everyone is on it with anything that could help though

Thank you for all of the input within this thread.  It is providing me with some comfort throughout this process.

I have a ticket already but trying for others (girlfriend included) who couldn't get the coach with us so had to try in the main sale.  This is my first experience of the secret resales and it is very stressful!  The not knowing when is the hardest part!  I suspect it will be tomorrow afternoon when I have a work team meeting at 3:30pm :(

Good luck to everyone on here.  Let's hope everyone is successful!

Helloo everybody out there. I have been trying to get hold of two glasto tickets for the last god knows how many years and have been unsuccessful every, damn, time :-( WHAT IS THE SECRET?! Its driving me insane and im half tempted to burrow underneath the fence to get in, haha. Any guidance would be hugely appreciated, Shaz x 

Just now, Shazza25 said:

Helloo everybody out there. I have been trying to get hold of two glasto tickets for the last god knows how many years and have been unsuccessful every, damn, time :-( WHAT IS THE SECRET?! Its driving me insane and im half tempted to burrow underneath the fence to get in, haha. Any guidance would be hugely appreciated, Shaz x 

If we knew the secret, we wouldn't end up in this thread ;)

- set up a page monitor
- cancel all appointments for the next 72 hours
- wait

Just now, Shazza25 said:

By the time you get this far in it is 99.9% luck - and following this thread.

Then again, it really is luck all the way but the more people you can get trying the better.

Can't really offer any more guidance apart from stick at it.

Just now, Robinn said:

If we knew the secret, we wouldn't end up in this thread ;)

- set up a page monitor
- cancel all appointments for the next 72 hours
- wait

Damn, I should probably cancel my appointments for tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Shazza25 said:

There is no secret in my experience. You can just give yourself the best shot possble... but even then it's a crap shoot. Over time i've learned to think of it as a lottery basically.

2 minutes ago, Shazza25 said:

The burrowing idea is probably the easiest way in to be fair, see you at the fence! 

1 minute ago, Shazza25 said:

I wish I knew.....   although I suspect that living in an area where the internet speed is slow is an almost insurmountable hurdle. In the 10 years I've been trying I've only ever succeeded once and that was in the resale with coach travel in 2015, and I'm sure that was just luck!  I always get really angry at those who manage to get every year without fail - I know I shouldn't though...

As others have said i dont think internet speed makes that much difference. Ive had a complete mix of success and failure on a variation of devices / computers over the past 12 years. Not one thing works the same the following year. It really does seem to be just luck!