Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

does anyone know when the final refund deadline was each of those years?

has a secret resale ever been in the week after the refund deadline?

I did find this information at the time, but can't find it now for some reason! Neglected to jot it down with the dates... Sorry!

Anyone got the info?

15 minutes ago, RandyFishcake said:

Been doing a bit of detective work and looked back on the forum over previous years to try and see when the sales have happened previous years (please correct if wrong).

2014 - Weds May 14th, 2pm
2015 - Monday May 18th, 3pm
2016 - Thursday May 12th, 3.45pm

Obviously no real help, as we know it seems pretty random, but info that I (for some reason) was keen to know so thought others might be too!

Between 2-4.. have we got an ever so slight pattern?! :D

On 2016-5-12 at 9:38 AM, Keithy said:

Just to pass the time..

(From yesterday) Refund / Resale dates since 2011

• Refund - Wednesday May 4th
  • Resale - Tuesday May 17th 

• No festival

• Refund - Friday May 3rd
  • Resale - Wednesday May 8th

• Refund - Friday May 9th
  • Resale - Wednesday 14th

• Refund - Friday May 8th
  • Resale - Monday May 18th

• Refund - Friday May 6th
  • Resale - ????

Change log this week: (mainly putting up and taking down coach 'sales'!

Mon 9th
10:06
10:07
13:36
14:01
14:28
14:29
14:38
15:06
15:13
15:14
15:17
17:22

Wed 11th
10:26
11:35
11:54
12:04
12:07
12:08
12:59
13:07
13:08
18:10
18:18

Nothing has ever happened on a Thursday..... but as we've established...there is no pattern!

Fingers crossed the web man at See is a Sunderland fan who's in a very good mood this morning and presses the red button.....

Does this help?

• Upvote 1

Great help yes, thanks @GrowlerPhil!

Just for clarity i'll put that info with all my info and update 2016...

• Refund - Friday May 3rd
  • Resale - Wednesday May 8th

• Refund - Friday May 9th
  • Resale - Wednesday May 14th - 2pm

• Refund - Friday May 8th
  • Resale - Monday May 18th - 3pm
  • Lasted 13 mins approx

• Refund - Friday May 6th
  • Resale - Thursday May 12th - 3.45pm
  • Lasted 2 mins approx

• Refund - Friday May 5th
  • Resale - ?????

Edited by RandyFishcake

As I recall, you can only get 2 tickets per transaction - is anyone getting just 1?  If so we can double up and join forces so that the extra space doesn't go to waste.  Message me and we can swap details.

2 minutes ago, Hugs said:

As I recall, you can only get 2 tickets per transaction - is anyone getting just 1?  If so we can double up and join forces so that the extra space doesn't go to waste.  Message me and we can swap details.

I'm pretty sure you have been able to buy four tickets in the past. I guess it depends on the number of tickets up for grabs.

3 minutes ago, Hugs said:

Last year I got 4 in secret resale in one transaction, coaches would be 2, no coach sale last year, 

who knows what'll happen this year, or indeed when....

keep the faith

9 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

Last year I got 4 in secret resale in one transaction, coaches would be 2, no coach sale last year, 

who knows what'll happen this year, or indeed when....

keep the faith

Indeed.   Good luck.  And remember:  'there is always a way' it just depends how desperate you are!

Just reading this thread over the last 3 weeks (and for the same last year) gives me the jitters! Trying for 3 of us including myself.  Been unsuccessful in last few sales so I must be due some luck! 

Edited by RayC

I went through this in 2013, my first year going. Going through it once again is giving me horrible flashbacks of waking up at all hours (we're in Los Angeles) in hopes of catching the sale, not to mention anxiety.  But I'm hopeful that where there's a will, there's a way!

I'm sure it's been covered here, but how might I join this WhatsApp group that's been mentioned?

44 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

This is suddenly bringing pack painful memories. Keep hanging in there :) 

I am so thankful that I am not part of it this year too! Stay strong peeps, because it's brutal and not for anyone with a heart condition. 

Good luck :)

1 hour ago, punkrawkjoe said:

Also, seems I can't use Neil's nifty checkpage, being outside of the UK. Any recommendations for those of us abroad that want to be on top of it?

A phone app would probably be your best bet. The Check4change add-on for Firefox works well. I've only used the desktop version, but I'm assuming the mobile app isn't too different. It has an option to repeat the alert until you cancel it - that might be important if the sale is at noon UK time, unless you're usually awake at 5am.