announcement

eFestivals

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A potential Blur/Chemical Brothers clash is concerning me, that would be grim

Ditto. Chems are nailed on for Sunday Other, surely. Could be one of those terrible 'I'll try to see a bit of both' nights, and I'm always too knackered to do that by Sunday. :(

Plenty of possibilities. I'm more in the Paul McCartney camp than the Blur camp if i'm honest.

Only because Very very recently Blur said no...

but then if they were only signed a week or so ago than I guess it could be them.

It could really be anyone if exclusives are out the window.. How exciting!

How are people only just seeing this, isnt it like 2 months old?

Because people think they're funny circulating it in places with no fact checking - Twitter and WhatsApp are great for stuff like this. You can post a lie, then a retraction, and before you know it your lie has been seen by everyone and nobody ever sees the retraction.

A Blur/chemical brothers clash would be the worst possible clash of any combination of acts I could think of, I would be gutted. Would it not make sense for the Chems to be Saturday to counteract Kanye or is that not possible?

That's what i thought. I was banking on Chemical Brothers for Saturday night

This may be true, but I'd surprised if they didn't sell out hyde park regardless or have most people woken up and realised it's a pretty shit venue by now?

It's not just the venue though, it's the price that's the main issue. 80 quid (plus fees) for Blur and what has to be said is a pretty poor undercard for the price isn't winning many over.

Because people think they're funny circulating it in places with no fact checking - Twitter and WhatsApp are great for stuff like this. You can post a lie, then a retraction, and before you know it your lie has been seen by everyone and nobody ever sees the retraction.

If you read my earlier post, I said that someone had what's apped me this list today (that I was dubious of) and someone asked me to post it, hence why it's here.

If you read my earlier post, I said that someone had what's apped me this list today (that I was dubious of) and someone asked me to post it, hence why it's here.

Yeah I wasn't having a go at you, I know you were asked to post it!

I was just highlighting why that same lineup keeps cropping up. It's taken on a life of it's own on social media.

Now that is exciting

I feel the Blur/The Chems coming. If it is Blur then we may not find out until after IOW. I'm wanting FM.

No idea on what time on Wednesday it will be at the moment, but I hope to get that info at some point tonight

Would it be a decent idea to assume that should it be FM or Blur that an agreement to wait until after IOW is finished may be needed?

I have learnt to accept it is Florence. I am now at peace. I'm happy for her and sure it'll be a great show.

I suggest you all embrace the reality of the situation too.

Yeah it won't be, I'd expect to see her name on Wednesday though.

Yeah I know she's down for Sunday on the rumours page but I reckon she'd sub Foo Fighters

I've thought Sunday sub from the start.