Coachella

mccdyl001

20 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Genuine question, does he have any business headlining Coachella anyway? I don’t know too much about him or his music.

He would if he actually bothered to do it, aye. First show in 6 years, huge amount of hype, let everyone down as expected. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Just read something saying he apparently nearly pulled out last night because of his last minute production demands etc. 

Genuine question, does he have any business headlining Coachella anyway? I don’t know too much about him or his music.

I would say for people my age (mid-20s) Channel Orange and Blond are up there are two of the most influential releases of the past decade. He’s not loved for his live reputation, but instead for the music he’s made and how timeless it is. Both albums are absolutely cracking.

It’s such a shame he’s decided that the best way forward is to chuck a grenade at his career. I suspect it’s because he feels like there are no consequences to what he does, or if it makes him less famous it’s not a big bother.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I would say for people my age (mid-20s) Channel Orange and Blond are up there are two of the most influential releases of the past decade. He’s not loved for his live reputation, but instead for the music he’s made and how timeless it is. Both albums are absolutely cracking.

It’s such a shame he’s decided that the best way forward is to chuck a grenade at his career. I suspect it’s because he feels like there are no consequences to what he does, or if it makes him less famous it’s not a big bother.

I just think he’s kind of lost interest in the whole music biz tbh and has swayed more towards the fashion side of things. A lot like Kanye in that way, although Kanye at least continued to release music at a steady pace even if his heart wasn’t in it sometimes whereas Frank seems content to be more of a perfectionist knowing that the audience will still be waiting whenever he eventually does release something. 

Him doing Coachella at this point was clearly a mistake. Not sure whether he was tied down by contracts from when he initially signed up in 2020 or if he just decided on the day he wasn’t feeling it but he clearly didn’t want to do it and the whole thing was big fucking mess. Very interested to see if he actually goes through with weekend #2, or more to the point, if Coachella let him go through with it. 

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

or more to the point, if Coachella let him go through with it. 

I'm not sure how that could come into play.

While all Festival bills have a "subject to change" asterix attached to them - imagine the demands for refunds and just the absolutely terrible PR if they pulled him when he was prepared to honour the booking. They'd have a class action lawsuit filed against them before the day was out.

4 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm not sure how that could come into play.

While all Festival bills have a "subject to change" asterix attached to them - imagine the demands for refunds and just the absolutely terrible PR if they pulled him when he was prepared to honour the booking. They'd have a class action lawsuit filed against them before the day was out.

Good point, they can't pull him but could try to push him out

Honestly everyone's talking about it and the rest of the weekend has been a success. No advertising is bad advertising etc - not sure it honestly matters too much

reflects on him not them

Edited by gfa

I imagine they’ll be having pretty stern words with him/his team that he better get his shit together for weekend #2: be on time, actually sing his songs rather than just dancing about on stage to them, and have some kind of organisation. Really sucks for the weekend #1 people that they got royally screwed, but here’s hoping he can at least deliver some kind of competent performance the second go-around, otherwise what the fuck is he even doing agreeing to it in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Olshansky said:

Hopefully this upload works 

watch this video showing what things cost at Coachella. Absolute disgrace 

IMG_5606.MOV

Damn, didnt realize I couldnt embed a video here. 

In summary - 

$26 red bull voda

$24 curly fries with chili 

$22 Bahn Mi sandwich

$22 Cup of Mac and Chesse 

tiktoker (yvetteciao) has a few other videos where she shows the food and costs.  Its absolutely insane 

9 hours ago, gfa said:

@Suprefan have you ever considered vlogging your time at coachella? I think a lot of us have seen it from the TPD TV british perspective it would be fascinating to see it from yours even if it was like 5-10 minutes a day. Would change a few peoples minds here as i'm sure your visit is quite different to theres!

Maybe for weekend 2 this year? 🙂 

I'd be interested in that. 

From what I have read, heard and seen of Coachella, I don't think that I'd be a good fit. Always happy to have my mind changed. 

1 hour ago, Olshansky said:

In summary - 

$26 red bull voda

$22 Bahn Mi sandwich

tiktoker (yvetteciao) has a few other videos where she shows the food and costs.  Its absolutely insane 

The embedded video works for me. Crazy prices there… if it gets that bad here, I’ll hang up my festival boots!

Hi. Back for now til a return on Thursday. Its a lot to take in of course. I might have thoughts, might not. Ill check the tags in a bit. Must watch Succession and Yellowjackets first.

And I talked about the food prices last year. Why is there shock with inflation kicked into full gear. And when it came to the alcohol thing it looks like they had people monitoring how people behaved and such when it came to drinking not in the beer gardens. Like I said, it made the fields much messier because all those cups and bottles didnt stay in specific areas.

and Frank apparently injured his ankle which changed the production which is still bullshit. Theres more details about it all in other places though like production being told that day it wasnt happening and other stuff. 

Also resale seems to have gone through the roof. 

EABE038C-8665-4F2F-A1D1-30FC9766572F.jpeg

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

$26 vodka red bull is about £21 at current exchange rates 😆 fuck my old boots, that’s ridiculous! 

The problem for Brits going just about anywhere abroad is the fact that Sterling has been performing continuously poorly for the last 10-15 years or so. I can remember the pound being worth around two US dollars, now it's more or less like for like, rendering everything in the US 'expensive'

11 hours ago, Olshansky said:

In summary - 

$26 red bull voda

$22 Bahn Mi sandwich

Paid $7 for an ice pop on day 3!!!

$7 for some frozen cordial on a stick!!! (£5.64 FTW) 

Edited by Alvoram

Not sure if people are familiar with TPD TV on YouTube but they do a lot of festival content. They did coachella last year and went fairly viral. They’re there again this year so there’ll be vlog coming soon. 

The drinks prices are insane and the weak pound doesn’t help but that is insane even out with that 

47 minutes ago, stuie said:

Why? Do people not realise it hasn’t sold out? 

194A96B6-B11E-433F-A58D-DD1AEE39E6F6.thumb.jpeg.8024d3e4e2f9bd21e6558c02c915c051.jpeg

Nope. They really cant check the website, its hilarious. Car camping still a hot item thats for sure. 

Lots of performance clips on the youtube channel and in 4k to boot. 

Yuma stage will be streamed this weekend so you can take that in.

and this shit is hilarious and its not the onion. Theyre totally serious. 

https://www.insider.com/coachella-weekend-parties-better-than-festival-2023-3

Edited by Suprefan