Coachella

mccdyl001

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, stanh said:

weekend 1 'sold out'

It's not sold out. It's just a marketing tactic that they do every year to sell more W2 tickets. The resale value on stubhub is below face value for weekend 1 right now. This is probably gonna be the most empty year since they started having 2 weekends in 2012.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone seen any good reviews/clips of it so far?

I saw one influencer clip of Tyler the Creator doing a fair job of it, and the b3b Daphni Floating Points Jamie XX looked fun, but everything else looks like a car crash - either the artists have died (Grimes) or the crowd are totally subdued (Justice).

Almost zero vibes. I don't remember it seeming this bad in previous years.

Seen the Blur, girls and boys clip. What a car crash. Albarn telling the crowd "you're never f**king seeing us again so you may as well sing along now".

A field full of vacuous wasters watching a concert through their phone screens. 

Its all about flexing that you were there rather than actually enjoying being there.

I know every generation has disdain towards the youths coming up from behind, but f**k me this lot are a narcissistic bunch of twats, particularly in the USA.

Edited by Drums Please Fab
  • Upvote 3

Coachella years back had line-ups that gathered admiration from music enthousiats. It was on my bucket list to visit some day. In my opinion it has since turned into an experience event, catered to influencers and curating a line-up that is based on the number of Spotify listeners. They've succesfully killed what they once were, a music festival, thus no longer a bucket list item for me.

On 4/15/2024 at 9:27 PM, Drums Please Fab said:

Seen the Blur, girls and boys clip. What a car crash. Albarn telling the crowd "you're never f**king seeing us again so you may as well sing along now".

A field full of vacuous wasters watching a concert through their phone screens. 

Its all about flexing that you were there rather than actually enjoying being there.

I know every generation has disdain towards the youths coming up from behind, but f**k me this lot are a narcissistic bunch of twats, particularly in the USA.

Given Albarn's outspoken tendencies, it seemed like a particularly odd booking to me.

Either that or they thought it was the same vibe that you would have seen at Coachella in 2013 when it still felt more like a festival and before it turned into more of a social media influencer parade.