Kanye west confirmed

mike99

While your analogy is more accurate. You know exactly why people are hating on Kanye and very few of them have actually listened to his music.

Therefore supposedly being uninformed.

I think this is very different to politics.

I suppose, you're always gunna get people like that, and I have been guilty of doing so but I now always check what an artist is like before putting a definitive point on it.

On a more positive note to all the complainers, who remembers watching this for the first time...

me. love that performance. remember being quite disappointed that the yelps on the album version weren't quite as pronounced. pretty nuts that he did that performance not long before the album was released and yet a lot of the lyrics are completely different. Yeezus really was thrown together at the last minute

also, Ben Affleck looks like he's about to break down in to tears at the start of that performance. always makes me laugh when i watch it

Why are we all in such a bad mood. We should be cracking open the champagne and celebrating!

He's a fresh headliner, big status, gunna put on a hell of a show! He's not Coldplay. People are pleasantly surprised year in year out at Glasto and he's only one of our headliners, who of which play a very small role in proportion to the whole event!

• Upvote 1

the festival isnt as good as it used to be you know

Ahh shut up! (In the kindest way possible )

The festival is moving on with the times with these two headliners. They are still not young by any means. I think the festival is having a slight diversion from the usual British, If not traditional American headliners. I can see a big legend headlining 2016. But you can't have ultimate 70s headliners year in year out, and presumably that's what it used to be?

Ahh shut up! (In the kindest way possible )

The festival is moving on with the times with these two headliners. They are still not young by any means. I think the festival is having a slight diversion from the usual British, If not traditional American headliners. I can see a big legend headlining 2016. But you can't have ultimate 70s headliners year in year out, and presumably that's what it used to be?

Tbf, think deschwah was having a bit of fun

Plus its an excuse to post this

sign-NRG01.jpg

I'm kinda conflicted on whether i want him to have hov guest, WTT is imo some of kanye's weakest work and I'd rather here more kanye classics than "run this town" and the like, but damn they do work great together on stage

Also when can we start compiling dream setlists?

I couldn't name a single number but anyone who can stir up this amount of bile must be worth checking out. Full credit to GFL for consistently proving Glastonbury is NEVER a mundane middle class festival.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't really care who the headliners are but I think it'll be one of the least busy headline slots in a long while. Jay-Z, Beyonce and Metallica were experiments in headliner genre that worked because, while it might not be the sort of music your average Glasto goer listens to, they're renowned for putting on a brilliant show and being top of their game.

Kanye... right now is renowned for being a whiny git. He's going to be relying entirely on the music to pull people in, in a way those other acts weren't.

We are getting closer to being at the festival and a large amount of people who are complaining will no doubt be watching Kanye on Saturday evening. Sure he moans a lot and posts lots of pictures of his wife naked.. but he will no doubt but on a brilliant show (and I would expect a couple of special guests making an appearance to!).

But the reactions on the likes of Facebook / Twitter have been a joy to read. I like the petition already doing the rounds for him not to play, pretty sure that happened with Metallica to!

I couldn't name a single number but anyone who can stir up this amount of bile must be worth checking out. Full credit to GFL for consistently proving Glastonbury is NEVER a mundane middle class festival.

It's a reasonable booking but don't go OTT - before Wireless last year the last UK festival he headlined was The Big Chill, which was pretty damn middle class. There's nothing particularly edgy or dangerous about his music, if there was he wouldn't be headlining the Pyramid, and like Metallica he only appears different to the safe and middle-class environment of the Pyramid stage.

Still, like you say props to the festival for continuing to book a wide range of genres as headliners.