Kanye west confirmed

mike99

Did I say they were good because they were an older act? No! Did I say they were good because they were non commercial? No! So wind ya neck in and stop putting words in my mouth lad, I simply used public enemy as an example of what I consider to be good hip hop.......the polar opposite to Kanye, lyrically, musically and in attitude......I don't give a fuck what era they were from or how many albums they've sold, they were groundbreaking Kanye simply isn't.......got any other grief to fling based on something I didn't actually say? This penguins a before caffeine penguin.....I'm out of coffee.......you wouldn't like me when I'm out of coffee........ :P

Nonsense. To say Kanye is/hasnt been groundbreaking! You are guilty of behaving just like those you were offended by when Metallica were announced last year.

So some of the Efestival crowd really like Kanye. Others hate him.

After the festival has finished some will say his set stormed it and that the field was packed, others will say he was terrible and that half the crowd left.

I won't know if he was brilliant or not, because I'm not into his music and so will have had fun on another stage.

It been say several times already, but there are so many other stages, does really matter if you don't like one (or any) of the headliners?

• Upvote 1

Love him or hate him, you can't deny he puts a hell of a good performance on

Really?! Don't know if it's just me but I really don't get the feel of a good performance from these live clips that are being posted.

The vast majority of them are either him on a almost empty stage with minimal lighting rig (see Coachella clips) or him stood alone in front of a massive light wall that just shows him up as a small silhouette on stage (see above). I get the impression that this comes over a lot better on tv than it would do live. Obviously if you like his music and all that making shapes in the air business then you'll probably think it's the best thing ever and probably love his set. For those that know almost nothing of his stuff I just don't think they'll get as much out of it.

Is it just me or does he come across as just a little bit dim when he goes off on one of his rants?

It's almost as though I understand the point he's trying to get across, but he does it very poorly.

Still, I suppose it's his music that is most important, so I hope he puts on a good show for those of you going to watch.

Saw him at Coachella in 2011, he was dreadful.

An arrogant bell-end doesn't really fit into the Glasto vibe but different strokes for different folks. I'm hoping this means loads of tickets in the resale and 2015 doesn't turn into my enforced fallow year and I can spend time wandering the rest of the festival without worrying I'm missing a good old Pyramid singalong.

Did I say they were good because they were an older act? No! Did I say they were good because they were non commercial? No! So wind ya neck in and stop putting words in my mouth lad, I simply used public enemy as an example of what I consider to be good hip hop.......the polar opposite to Kanye, lyrically, musically and in attitude......I don't give a fuck what era they were from or how many albums they've sold, they were groundbreaking Kanye simply isn't.......got any other grief to fling based on something I didn't actually say? This penguins a before caffeine penguin.....I'm out of coffee.......you wouldn't like me when I'm out of coffee........ :P

do you realise that you come across as someone who hasn't even really listened to kanye west? you're ranting and ranting and ranting against him using arguments that would generally be used in his favour -- he's highly innovative. he's not overtly commercial (or, to quote your ridiculous phrase, 'pap-hop'). his last album in particular was sonically a world apart to any other run-of-the-mill garbage you usually find in the genre, it's difficult listening. far harder to get into than any PE album, for instance (and i quite like PE, i'm not slagging them off by saying that).
stop getting so worked up. and tell me, have you even listened to kanye's albums?
Edited by majormajormajor

There's loads of other stages. I think they'll be busier than they have been on Saturday nights for a while. And y'know what? That's not a bad thing at all.

It isn't but...

For me the highlight of the festival has always been watching the biggest and best bands on the biggest stage and on the biggest night i.e. Saturday. I'm not regular main stage goer and spend my time in most of the other places but every day always builds up to one thing - the headliners! A good Pyramid set can transcend to an entirely different level but it looks like I won't be seeing any this year unless they pull out a Blur or Stone Roses (although I'll watch Foo Fighters if there really isn't anything else on).

I'm more disappointed they've got a guy who seemingly doesn't give a shit about anyone except himself. And Beyonce. That I can't stand his music just infuriates me more but I'll find something else to do. Never seen a Park headline so this might be the perfect chance.

I've been reading the facebook comments also, hysterical stuff.

I'm now putting my hopes on Russy's idiot filter theory playing out. Plenty of muppets throwing their tickets back in the pot in disgust and people who genuinely don't care and just want to be there get another crack at it.

I like that it's got chins wagging, it's always good to shake people up from the "middle class festival" accusations that are all the rage.

Really looking forward to finding out who the Other/WH/JP/Park headliners are more than ever now.

People complaining about an artist they've never listened to headlining a festival they've never been to. Im hoping this allows me to get my tickets in the resale. I'll probably watch, I enjoyed Jay Z, though I had been drinking a straight 36 hours by this point.

Really? Metallica spawned and were the front runners of an entire genre(thrash metal) they then crossed over to the mainstream and back again, still sell out the world over and have been going now for over 30 years.......in 30 years if kanye is still even making music let alone known for having such a legacy ill print out a copy of this post and eat it. That is a funny comparison says the penguin :P

There is a comparison in that, outside the metal fraternity, nobody gives a flying fuck about what Metallica have done. While those who aren’t into rap don’t care about Kanye’s music and concentrate on how much of an arse that he is.

I'm not even a Kanye fan particularly but I'd rather have one 'egotistical boring cockwomble' on stage, than 1000s of 'egotistical boring cockwombles' walking alongside me through the festival site, dragging their knuckles and trying not to spill bottles of piss all over their shoes.

Edited by Andeeroo
  • Upvote 1