Kanye west confirmed

mike99

I put some of his most setlisted songs in here: https://open.spotify.com/user/newnab/playlist/47sHhcSBZUMTVS2YjUEWAq

Also, if we could only like music by people who weren't bellends, then the only album we'd have had in the past 5 years would be Johnny Marr. A lot of musicians are absolute arseholes, why does Kanye get crucified for it?

because he's open about his arseholery rather than it seeping out in the odd accidental racist comment or vulgar tweet like other celebs. he doesn't give a fuck; most others do

I put some of his most setlisted songs in here: https://open.spotify.com/user/newnab/playlist/47sHhcSBZUMTVS2YjUEWAq

Also, if we could only like music by people who weren't bellends, then the only album we'd have had in the past 5 years would be Johnny Marr. A lot of musicians are absolute arseholes, why does Kanye get crucified for it?

Becuase he's probably the highest-profile black artist in an unpopular genre.

why do you assume because I dislike kanye I havnt heard him? of course I have....how could you not with this little thing we call radio? generic hip hop, nothing special, certainly nothing to grab me, and certainly nothing to overcome his blatant shit attitude and ego.

Is your listening purely based on the radio?

I dont know why were judging art based on the character of the person but thats your prerogative i guess

If you think its generic then i can only say thats because Kanye influenced so heavily what you consider generic hip-hop. When he came onto the scene he was seen as a huge breath of fresh air.

You keep replying with witty remarks but dont seem to actually add anything to the discussion...

Oh bollocks. You've got me sussed.

I don't really have much to say that I haven't said already in my piss poor attempts at humour.

I don't like the little bits of his music I've heard, I don't want to listen to more of it because I know it's not for me. You'll never convince me he's a musical genius, I'll never convince you he's shite. But surely we can all agree on the fact that the man acts like an arsehole? You can blame the media all you like but his actions towards Taylor Swift & Beck were undeniably disrespectful to other artists. Those were his actions, not some made up story.

I like musicians with attitude but they've got to be able to back it up with something of substance. From where I'm standing, he hasn't got any.

Oh bollocks. You've got me sussed.

I don't really have much to say that I haven't said already in my piss poor attempts at humour.

I don't like the little bits of his music I've heard, I don't want to listen to more of it because I know it's not for me. You'll never convince me he's a musical genius, I'll never convince you he's shite. But surely we can all agree on the fact that the man acts like an arsehole? You can blame the media all you like but his actions towards Taylor Swift & Beck were undeniably disrespectful to other artists. Those were his actions, not some made up story.

I like musicians with attitude but they've got to be able to back it up with something of substance. From where I'm standing, he hasn't got any.

Theres a reason Beck and Taylor Swift (who is a massive hip hop fan) have paid their respects to the guy despite the fact he has been an ass to them.

Im not here to argue whether hes a tit or not.

Its completely subjective but as a person who HAS listened to a large amount of his work, i think its fair to say my opinion of him has more substance than yours?

Im sure theres artists you like that i dont but i wouldnt claim they are talentless hacks if i havnt even given them a fair chance.

generic commercal pap is what I mean, none of the edge or passion or fire of some of the true greats. I respect people prepared to take it to the next level.....not those who just sit there cranking out radio hits whenever the record company get on the blower.......

But the record companies hated the guy, refused to give him a chance for years. He had to fight for a long time to get his records made...

wonder if he`ll try to play glasto like he did bonaroo....will be an interesting reaction if so.......if he has form for this its almost as much a risk as booking the `new g&r haha http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2008/06/kanye_west_offe.html

G&R have not been that good, recently. Kanye has had some great shows (Coachella) and some awful (Bonnaroo). G&R just seen to have late shows and so piss off who is seeing them.

Theres a reason Beck and Taylor Swift (who is a massive hip hop fan) have paid their respects to the guy despite the fact he has been an ass to them.

Its completely subjective but as a person who HAS listened to a large amount of his work, i think its fair to say my opinion of him has more substance than yours?

Im sure theres artists you like that i dont but i wouldnt claim they are talentless hacks if i havnt even given them a fair chance.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. You'll waste you're time trying to convert people to your way of thinking ;-) If you're happy for yeezey to be playing then good for you, they'll find someone else to watch or something else to moan about in 3 weeks when the rest of the line up is announced and the clashes become a nightmare to manage! ;-)

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. You'll waste you're time trying to convert people to your way of thinking ;-) If you're happy for yeezey to be playing then good for you, they'll find someone else to watch or something else to moan about in 3 weeks when the rest of the line up is announced and the clashes become a nightmare to manage! ;-)

Meh.

I just dont understand the close mindedness. Its fine not like an artist. Its another thing to not give him a chance and its something else entirely to say hes a shit booking, talentless etc. without even listening to the guy

I haven't claimed he's a talentless hack, I just think he's shite and he's a huge knob. I know you're not here to argue whether he's a tit or not, let's face it, that would be pointless.

I applaud your obvious love for this guy, I like stuff that many people find laughable and I accept that, I find some of it quite laughable myself. So carry on, always good to see a passionate new member of the board fighting their corner but like I say, it's a pointless argument.

After the festival, all his fans will declare his set a triumph. All his detractors will say it was a disaster. Most people won't care because they will have been somewhere else, having a great time.

So... in summary, enjoy. But I still say he's a knob. :)

wonder if he`ll try to play glasto like he did bonaroo....will be an interesting reaction if so.......if he has form for this its almost as much a risk as booking the `new g&r haha http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2008/06/kanye_west_offe.html

I was at Bonnaroo in 2008 and last year, and came away with a negative opinion of him and his performance both times. Maybe I am getting old, as I just turned 28, but this guy just doesn't foster a good time.

I'm amped, who else is amped? Lets diminish the negativity eh. This is who we've got and if you don't like it go hang out at one of the other 99 stages.

Assuming I actually buy a flight over, and get my visa - I have a ticket and I'm a Kanye fan and I've never seen him live. So I feel I've gotta come over now. Screw watching this buffering slow as on the BBC iplayer.

I gotta be there.

I'm hyped!