Kanye west confirmed

mike99

Well it wouldn't be glastonbury without this would it...

Fuck sake people, whether you like them or not you probably have the best selling rock act playing on the friday. AND IT's GLASTO WITH LIKE 100 other stages

Excuse me sorry.. I just find this pointless, there's no way Emily is gonna look at that and just get rid of Kanye

hahaha, well that was inevitable

It's amazing to see how controversial this booking is. Just when the Eavii thought that they could get away with having another rapper after Jay-Z in 2008, they have tried it again and I'm sure it'll be a success but it seems to be a little more controversial than Metallica who of which would seem like a more wildcard booking.

only positive for these 'anti hip hop headliner' people is that Kanye is essentially the last hip hop act who could/would headline Glastonbury, so they'll be safe from another for a good while (although i guess Kendrick could soon be in that position)

Well it wouldn't be glastonbury without this would it...

Fuck sake people, whether you like them or not you probably have the best selling rock act playing on the friday. AND IT's GLASTO WITH LIKE 100 other stages

Excuse me sorry.. I just find this pointless, there's no way Emily is gonna look at that and just get rid of Kanye

Not when they only need 100 signatures. Funny though.

Am i the only person here excited for this booking?

I registered just to ask this question.

One of hip-hops most influential artists. Very hyped. With Kendricks new album and this announcement its been a good day for hip hop heads.

i'm incredibly excited. not many other headliners that could've been announced that'd get me this amped!

Russy whilst you're here

See kanye, even for a bit. You love c**ts! Meet the king of them all

Who actually produces great music, radiohead are one of his favourite bands? Is he in your good (c**t) books yet?

After Jay Z I just dont think hip hop is well suited to a live gig really. I dunno if I can face seeing someone shout about n*ggers for an hour and half. I will go if there is nothing else on though, just in the hope he makes a tit of himself and I can gloat on here in july

thank god theres late ight aras and many more stages etc to go to...only people iv seen happy bout this is teenage girls and radio1 djs

I'm male, 52 and think this is the best UK headliner booking at any festival this year so far. Like him or loathe him, he has us all talking - just as a great artist should. :clapping:

After Jay Z I just dont think hip hop is well suited to a live gig really. I dunno if I can face seeing someone shout about n*ggers for an hour and half. I will go if there is nothing else on though, just in the hope he makes a tit of himself and I can gloat on here in july

Kanye does a great live show. Theres more to hip hop than someone shouting n*ggers. Have you given him a chance? His first two albums and MBDTF are considered some classics of the genre.

One of hip-hops most influential artists. Very hyped. With Kendricks new album and this announcement its been a good day for hip hop heads.

Welcome, I am extremely happy, think it's going to be massive

Welcome and you're absolutely not the only one no! Please do pop over to the Kendrick thread as well, lot of good feeling in there today.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Kanye does a great live show. Theres more to hip hop than someone shouting n*ggers. Have you given him a chance? His first two albums and MBDTF are considered some classics of the genre.

Yeah that's not gonna work for the Russ man

Edited by Alcatraz

Kanye's show is passionate, less n word and more lights and talking about actual oppression. He will set the pyramid on fire I tell you!