Kanye west confirmed

mike99

It's fair enough, he's big star, I guess he'll get a big crowd, that Pyramid field won't be half empty, it's cool

But for me, too much autotune, too much tedious fucking bollocks, yeah, he's interesting, yeah, he's better (probably) than Kasabian or whatever, but he's still a fucking dick and a person who's ethos is utterly at odds with Glastobury. Not a bad booking I guess, but personally, I can't help but be disappointed and I'll be anywhere else but there. Way it goes. huh?

I'm amped, who else is amped? Lets diminish the negativity eh. This is who we've got and if you don't like it go hang out at one of the other 99 stages.

Assuming I actually buy a flight over, and get my visa - I have a ticket and I'm a Kanye fan and I've never seen him live. So I feel I've gotta come over now. Screw watching this buffering slow as on the BBC iplayer.

I gotta be there.

I'm hyped!

I got 99 stages and the Pyramid ain't one.

Hang on...

If he plays out his greatest hits, then it should be a fantastic show as he has enough tunes to play a great set.

I'm indifferent to the announcement though, I like some of his stuff yet dislike others. If a great rock act is on against him on the other stage, il go see that. (Prays for queens of the stone age, but knows I won't get them and missed that boat a couple years back) Or a massive dance act I like.

Some of the comments from on here and the facebook page are too funny though. The "I'm not going now", "I'm disgusted" people are really pathetic, cause there won't be another 40 odd acts playing at the same time, many who would headline any other festival in the country. The ones who say "I'm so glad I didn't get tickets this year" are just as pathetic, probably worse as they are clearly gutted they don't have tickets so a little rant on the facebook page will make them feel better about themselves :laugh:

I really like this live freestyle fromKanye, be good if he did this yet definitely unlikely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1EkDEoCW48

Could end up being one of the best or worse headliners ever which makes it an exciting booking. I like his first 2 albums, just listened to his last and enjoyed it but I know he's a very different prospect live. It's a gamble to watch him, he may think he has prime bbc viewing for a good rant

Everybody moaning about this on the internet remind me of UKIP voters; blind incoherent rage of the ignorant and uninformed (except Russy, obv).

Facebook comments are particularly priceless. I love how upset people are, it brightens my day to see these stupid dicks that hang around like a bad smell and facilitate shite like Kasabian getting all upset about it. I can't wait to read the comments when Taylor is announced, I've a few choice gifs saved up especially to fan the flames.

What's the likelihood of seeing Kim Kardashian making a trip to Worthy Farm?

I think she'd be the first Playboy model to have appeared at Glastonbury ?

Any thoughts anyone ?

who even cares :thumbsu:

It'll be like when Beyonce was there for the whole weekend of 2011 - if you like her it'll be nice to know you're in the same town, if you don't like her then her hanging around outside of her set won't impact on your weekend in the slightest - so little impact will she have, in fact, that you will probably forget about it for the entire time you're within the fence.

Edited by Zac Quinn

He thinks that the fact Kanye is commercially successful, he must also be shit.

He is probably going through his edgy teenager phase where he only listens to the same 20 bands who all sound the same.

Agreed - I just didnt get the Britney/Bananarama analogy. But then I dont really understand much that Penguin rants on about - and its way past his bedtime. :bye:

Everybody moaning about this on the internet remind me of UKIP voters; blind incoherent rage of the ignorant and uninformed (except Russy, obv)

UKIP voters want change to the system. Kanyes booking is a change for the good, he's a fresh (un Coldplay) booking. Surely the anti-Kanye, ranting people want a normal band , which would be like going back going to another government we have today.

I'm not here to have a full on political discussion, but to speak about the strength and weaknesses of a Kanye West booking, but I'm just trying to make a point.

oooh this is my favourite time of year. The Glastonbury headliner meltdown! :biggrin:

There's a petition set up: https://www.change.org/p/glastonbury-festival-cancel-kanye-west-s-headline-slot-and-get-a-rock-band

Someone's started a twitter campaign: https://twitter.com/nokanyeatglasto

And facebook has just melted.

It's looking like a good one this year....

UKIP voters want change to the system. Kanyes booking is a change for the good, he's a fresh (un Coldplay) booking. Surely the anti-Kanye, ranting people want a normal band , which would be like going back going to another government we have today.

I'm not here to have a full on political discussion, but to speak about the strength and weaknesses of a Kanye West booking, but I'm just trying to make a point.

While your analogy is more accurate. You know exactly why people are hating on Kanye and very few of them have actually listened to his music.