So are Fleetwood Mac lying about Glasto?

Justiceforcedave

Fleetwood Mac for Glasto? Yay or nay?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Are Fleetwood Mac Playing Glasto?

good for him...

Springsteen lets fans in early, sometimes treats them to a few 'exclusive' songs, then might hang around and have a chat

apart from anything else, while getting ready for a gig, or winding down afterwards, I wouldn't want to be having to do meets and greets. Having said that, we had a pretty open door policy after our shows, and let punters in to share a drink with us. They'd already paid for the show.. why make them pay again?

not that we were ever in a position to charge for such occasions, even if we wanted to.... :unsure:

I thought all bands did that? Let anyone backstage afterwards, provided you were female, blonde and 18......

good for him...

Springsteen lets fans in early, sometimes treats them to a few 'exclusive' songs, then might hang around and have a chat

apart from anything else, while getting ready for a gig, or winding down afterwards, I wouldn't want to be having to do meets and greets. Having said that, we had a pretty open door policy after our shows, and let punters in to share a drink with us. They'd already paid for the show.. why make them pay again?

not that we were ever in a position to charge for such occasions, even if we wanted to.... :unsure:

I saw Josh Homme after a gig standing out in the freezing cold signing records for people. Every last one of them. He signed 20 odd records for one guy. "nah not that one man thats a bootleg". But signed the rest.

Heres an even better one. Paul Simon and Sting. 505 euro. You don't even get to meet them! And this is genius - "crowd free merchandise shopping opportunity" :lol:

One top price reserved seated ticket in FRONT ROW

Exclusive Paul Simon & Sting Tour Gift

Crowd free merchandise shopping opportunity

Collectible tour laminate

VIP check-in

Onsite VIP Nation hosts

its still bloody greedy - And yes i do believe FM have signed to do only IOW - that way they get maximum

cash and its a big draw to a festival.

If you can do one festival exclusively and make same as 3 others - why do 3?

This could be there last year if Jon is unwell- its probably there last chance for glastonbury.

Obviously money comes first.

• Upvote 1

They could quite easily do a Mettallica and be a TBC on the Glastonbury line up until they've done iow then announce.

was very different circumstances with Metallica though - not just an outright lie from the get-go about them being not only a UK exclusive but a WORLD exclusive. there's no way they're gonna let that slip. they've gone for the money and it's as simple as that. would love to hear about how much IOW threw at them

was very different circumstances with Metallica though - not just an outright lie from the get-go about them being not only a UK exclusive but a WORLD exclusive. there's no way they're gonna let that slip. they've gone for the money and it's as simple as that. would love to hear about how much IOW threw at them

Six day gap,it's all politics.

Soni needed Metallica, it didn't really matter that they played a sold out fest no one could get tickets to. (Plus TV coverage probably shifted a few more tickets for them!)

Glasto doesn't need FM. So sod 'em if they'd rather IoW. IoW wouldn't be as easy to "walk over" either so it's not happening.

Edited by Couchy
  • Upvote 1

what exactly was the Metallica situation?

i thought they were being touted as a "UK festival exclusive", and then that was dropped a few months into the year?

they were apparently booked to headline Other opposite Prince (as hard to believe as that may be) but then obviously the purple one bailed (as always) and they were given the boost up to headliner. i'm not sure exactly how them headlining Other got them round the Sonisphere exclusivity (maybe it was worded as 'only UK headline performance' or something - my mind draws a blank)

• Upvote 1

IOW would not want them as a headliner if they were doing Glasto.

Like your determination.

I'm not sure it'll matter that much to IoW if everyone thinks that ioW is their only fest and that causes the tickets to fly.

When IoW had Neil Young they made some sort of claim of exclusivity, that turned out to be bollocks when NY was announced for Glasto. That exclusivity claim was believed too - I can remember taking NY out of the efests rumours for Glasto as a result of that claim.

If Glasto do end up having FM, then FM will have worked the lie fantastically to benefit IoW - and I'm sure that IoW would be happy with the result.

Having said all of that I'm not expecting FM at Glasto, tho I'm still not ruling it out completely.

Looks to me that FM wanted to play Glasto, but only if the money was right, so they kept the dates free. IOW then sniffed an opportunity, steamed in with a huge offer for exclusivity. The moment IOW made its announcement, FM got busy rescheduling that gap and hence the O2 show on Glasto Saturday.

Money talks.