Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

33 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Not yet, but the vinyl release looks gorgeous. Hoping it sounds just as good.

God, it does look lovely! - that double clear vinyl and silver foil wrappers! Ninja Tune do a smashing job - I have the clear vinyl Forest Swords record on pre-order...

Having to be very self-disciplined at the moment and resist dropping money I don't have on lovely wax...

:)

Ben

On 10/04/2017 at 2:56 PM, your mother said:

Harvey is the GOAT, not too optimistic but he seems made for the place 

Have you seen the Pikes announcement? I am seriously considering a trip over there for it and (as you may be able to tell) i am absolutely not normally one for Ibiza!

It just sounds pretty damn perfect. Would just like to spend some time at pikes in general, its the club tropicana hotel after all! B)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

Have you seen the Pikes announcement? I am seriously considering a trip over there for it and (as you may be able to tell) i am absolutely not normally one for Ibiza!

It just sounds pretty damn perfect. Would just like to spend some time at pikes in general, its the club tropicana hotel after all! B)

Yeah looks amazing and I'm the same! Sounds like the old romantic idea of Ibiza before us noisy Brits came along and ruined it (ironic as it's Harvey that I want to see but you know what I mean). 

Also looking forward to whatever this mix/cd he's doing from it. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/12/2017 at 4:27 AM, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

When I saw him at Bestival in 2011, I left after about half an hour, just wasn't working for me, he played a lot of weird D'n'B and Dubstep, and no Endtroducing era stuff, I think he basically plays all of the stuff I would want to hear at the end of his sets but I just wasn't in the right mood to stick around and find out.

That sounds great to me :) 

7 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

That sounds great to me :) 

The tent was rammed and loads of people around me were loving it, think I had gone there expecting to hear a very different sort of set, the lighting rig/globe thing he performed in looked brilliant though, not sure if he has kept that.

If he had started like this at Bestival I would have stuck around tbh

Edited by Matt - Ed Banger Records

18 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

The tent was rammed and loads of people around me were loving it, think I had gone there expecting to hear a very different sort of set, the lighting rig/globe thing he performed in looked brilliant though, not sure if he has kept that.

Yeh, that looks sweet! I hope he's not a clash victim

27 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

He had the globe thingy last time he played Glasto, worked so well. 

1 hour ago, Franky said:

Is he not going to clash with Foo's ?

Oh really? I thought the only ones so far who were causing me grief by potentially clashing with Foo's were Sasha and Digwood :-( I guess the foo's are gonna play for so long they're going to incur a few casualties. I've seen them before and I keep telling myself that because of that I can go and enjoy other stuff when they're on...but in reality, I'm not sure if that's going to happen. Especially because one of my mates is Dave's biggest fan, and her enthusiasm is infectious. Maybe half a set?

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Oh really? I thought the only ones so far who were causing me grief by potentially clashing with Foo's were Sasha and Digwood :-( I guess the foo's are gonna play for so long they're going to incur a few casualties. I've seen them before and I keep telling myself that because of that I can go and enjoy other stuff when they're on...but in reality, I'm not sure if that's going to happen. Especially because one of my mates is Dave's biggest fan, and her enthusiasm is infectious. Maybe half a set?

Ah shit ! Sasha on at the same time too, FFS :(

3 minutes ago, your mother said:

Yeeeeooooo rush hour potentially celebrating their bday on the farm. We know hunees there but I'm hoping they bring antal and soichi terada too! 

IMG_9016.PNG

MCDE, Young Marco, Kink, Tom Trago would be the pick of the bunch 

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

MCDE, Young Marco, Kink, Tom Trago would be the pick of the bunch 

Can see tom trago and possibly young Marco but the others aren't on the label so can't see them with rush hour. The "rush hour all stars" have also had san proper and Sadar bahar, and I think wee DJ nobu too

Just now, your mother said:

Can see tom trago and possibly young Marco but the others aren't on the label so can't see them with rush hour. The "rush hour all stars" have also had san proper and Sadar bahar, and I think wee DJ nobu too

i thought MCDE used to do some releasing with rush hour, maybe this me just wishful thinking again and again with him haha 

10 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

i thought MCDE used to do some releasing with rush hour, maybe this me just wishful thinking again and again with him haha 

lol I think it is wishful thinking, I assume if they appear as rush hour it would be more something like this picture (this is a festival in Japan) or with the other one (with soichi) 

IMG_9017.JPG

On 13/04/2017 at 0:36 PM, Memory Man said:

I've spent a bit of time up at Pikes over the years, mainly when Tony had it before the Manumission guys took it over. I was last there two summers ago for Nightmares on Wax. 

It's a cracking little venue they've got going now, though very pricey. But that's Ibiza i suppose. I'm definitely gonna try to get to Mercury Rising though. I saw Harvey a few years ago in Manchester when he made his return to the UK. He played for 8 hours and it was amazing.