Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 hours ago, Time Being said:

Interesting but I wonder where they would play. They must charge a pretty penny these days

I know from very we'll connected people that they command a well huge fee

around 40k - dunno if glasto would be willing to pay that

someone I know booked them a few weeks back and it was absolutely nowhere near 40k. more like a quarter of that.

e: the venue held 1000 and the highest price final tier tickets were £20, so I'm sure you can do the math, then take away venue rental and all the overheads.

maybe they want 40k to headline a commercial festival, but that certainly isn't their going booking rate for clubs.

Edited by ghostdancer1

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

sorry if already been posted but Midland self confirmed

https://twitter.com/midlandsound/status/850332450639228928

It wasn't on the rumours page but think he said pretty much straight after last year's fest he'd be back. I think I'm right in saying hes slightly involved in the curation of NYC Downlow nowadays 

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

It wasn't on the rumours page but think he said pretty much straight after last year's fest he'd be back. I think I'm right in saying hes slightly involved in the curation of NYC Downlow nowadays 

yeah not really a surprise to me at all.

I've reached out to Avalon Emerson and Pangaea in hopes of a confirmation. Avalon is in the UK and has a glastonbury shaped hole in her tourdates I'd say it's pretty likely.

She's also booked for bestival so it seems she's on the festival scene this year

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

yeah not really a surprise to me at all.

I've reached out to Avalon Emerson and Pangaea in hopes of a confirmation. Avalon is in the UK and has a glastonbury shaped hole in her tourdates I'd say it's pretty likely.

She's also booked for bestival so it seems she's on the festival scene this year

Saw her a couple of months ago and she was excellent, would love to catch her at the farm

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Biggest confirmation for you lot yet you ready?

Hide contents

Hessle Audio 10 years showcase will be stopping at Glastonbury! Ben UFO, Pearson Sound & Pangaea. Pangaea messaged me and told me

:D

I am SO EXCITED

@eFestivals

Fuck a duck!

i just hope it's not an all-dayer like the 2015 boat party. I watch too many bands to be dancin' at 2 in the afternoon!

That is GREAT news though...

Ben

4 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

How fucking nicely is this year shaping up for electronica 

Aye, it's going to be a banger!

35 minutes ago, Tr234 said:

Was bigger last year wasn't it? Definitely an improvement

Silver Hayes in general was a bit bigger, I think? It's all a step in the right direction. Hoping for more improvements this year.

5 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

The only thing I watched in Silver Hayes last year was Fatima Yamaha. It's generally an area I just avoid regardless who's playing 

I missed Fatima which was a big shame. Araya is excellent. I only saw Dua Lipa at Sonic there last year who was excellent.

In general Silver Hayes does seem to attract an 'EDM' crowd, on top of some sound issues. The path and mud through the area last year was unruly too. On a nice day it's actually a nice place to chill and have a dance.