Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Now the announcements are getting really interesting :) 

12 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Recommend me an act to check out from the announcement today. I only know the obvious ones. Not arsed what style.

I've been celebrating the news by catching up with some of last year's Block 9 sets (link looks to be NYC Downlow but is actually area wide). Prosumer is playing again so maybe start there

https://thenycdownlow.com/

15 minutes ago, OBface said:

Now the announcements are getting really interesting :) 

I've been celebrating the news by catching up with some of last year's Block 9 sets (link looks to be NYC Downlow but is actually area wide). Prosumer is playing again so maybe start there

https://thenycdownlow.com/

Top man. Thank you :-D

Been looking at the Block 9 lineup again and am so pleased. 

Was wondering just how dark a set Blawan will play on Genosys. He can go very 'deep' when he plays live, and I worry that your average Glastonbury 'techno' fan might not get it. Not being in anyway elitist, btw, just that not every dance fan likes stuff that hard and industrial!

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

48 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Guys just an update I got it wrong 

the name that wasn't given to me with Hunee was not Sassy J it was antal. Just spoke to the guy again.

@eFestivals feel free to remove sassy j from the lineup page

So does this mean Hunee and Antal are doing a b2b? Or are they both just playing? 

Also I'd recommend starting with Masters at Work to the guy asking about a recommendation, chances are you'll know a few of their tunes already. Check out their boiler room.

Yeah rush hour said on Instagram 'hopefully' they'll be celebrating their 20th anniversary at Glastonbury that will be those two b2b, hopefully bringing soichi terada and I guess someone like young Marco, tom trago, San proper or something. Maybe Stonebridge? 

Didnt spot solar so that is nice. Block 9 line up is fine... feel like there was more last year 

Edited by your mother

This is probably the place to ask as I know a few of you are dj's.

I am thinking about taking the plunge and diving into the world of digital djing. 

Unfortunately I do not have much room left for vinyl in my house so it is only going to be the rare as rocking horse shit tunes which have eluded me over the years, that I get on wax.

Now I have just bought a new mixer and Pioneers dj software has come free with it. There is the option to play time coded vinyl to accompany it. Now this would be the perfect option. My only worry is that if I was to play out, clubs very rarely have turn tables in them these days and I am not lugging my own decks about.

I could probably just about fit a controller in but I am worried that I would never use it at home and will stick to my decks any vinyl, which is again pointless if I wanted to start playing new stuff out.

I do have Ableton and a Push 2 at home.

So I am after some advice. Is the Pioneer dj software any cop, are there any controllers that give you the analog feel and is Ableton an option?

32 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I am thinking about taking the plunge and diving into the world of digital djing. 

Unfortunately I do not have much room left for vinyl in my house so it is only going to be the rare as rocking horse shit tunes which have eluded me over the years, that I get on wax.

Now I have just bought a new mixer and Pioneers dj software has come free with it. There is the option to play time coded vinyl to accompany it. Now this would be the perfect option. My only worry is that if I was to play out, clubs very rarely have turn tables in them these days and I am not lugging my own decks about.

I could probably just about fit a controller in but I am worried that I would never use it at home and will stick to my decks any vinyl, which is again pointless if I wanted to start playing new stuff out.

So I am after some advice. Is the Pioneer dj software any cop, are there any controllers that give you the analog feel and is Ableton an option?

I guess the thing to consider would be that mixing on your time code vinyl would generally mean the digital tracks would be Rekordbox ready? So the transition would be presumably as simple as sticking your tracks onto a pair of USB drives and sticking them into the new-ish CDJ's that the venue may have? Must admit that I use Traktor or just normal vinyl having retired my cdjs to the loft, so not all that up to date with the interactions between the Pioneer dj software or how good it is. 

Didnt @Matt42 use Pioneer digital decks to make a few of his mixes? He may be the oracle on such subjects. 

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

Hey! I kinda forked out a lot for my equipment. I have 2x Pioneer XDJ 700s and an Allen and Health Mixer - I also have a reloop 7000 turntable (just the one at the moment but i'l get another soon - same as you I don't have the space for it).

I'm quite vanilla in terms of how I get my music - I alternate between digital downloads, that I analyse through standard rekordbox and keep on my USB - I also have a record collection (still working on the size of that though - got about 35 records which I believe is tiny for me).

Ideally, I don't like to use software other than to analyse records so like if you want tips on using software I can't really help you. But if you aren't arsed with all that it's good - having a controller kinda means you have to use software though

I hope this helps - timecode is definitely worth it though if you wanna get the grips of vinyl without purchasing a boatload of records

3 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Indeed. Very excited from what has been announced and the rumours. Where has Jackmaster said he's playing all sorts by the way? 

Djs that are active on social media are generally pretty easy to get confirmations off 

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

Recommend me an act to check out from the announcement today. I only know the obvious ones. Not arsed what style.

Shed, unless you already know him? Pitched somewhere between acid and techno he has a bucket load of tunes under his own name and some aliases such as Head High and WK7 

Whether he will be playing this style at Glasto I don't know but I reckon this comes under the term modern classic! :

also found this just now which is mint!

Edited by Memory Man