Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

52 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

could still see that as a Hessle thing though.

as for B2Bs, unless it's a 3hr+ set, I just feel like I've been cheated out of seeing 2 sets TBH!

Thats the point entirely. It is a cynical marketing ploy. I understand where Matt is coming from but from my experience I have never seen it work. From a dj's perspective as well, why on earth would they want to share an hour with another dj? Whats the point of playing 8 tunes.

Don't get me wrong I have done b2b sets, but it has been 2 of us for 4 to 5 hours. We have played the whole night.

Trying to cram in a shitload of dj's in a night ruins the night for me. The art of the warm up dj is slowly dwindling away. Dj's now get their hour and just play bangers. Each dj comes on and plays their big tunes. In the old skool scene, you end up with each dj playing Awsome 3 and you hear it 6 times a night.

At the end of the day the punters must like this otherwise it would not go on. It just seems a waste though. 

9 minutes ago, sunnydaysblue said:

Decided to give Moderat a listen whilst doing the ironing today and glad I did.  

https://youtu.be/ljQTVp7-kSs

Good sound and nice visuals. I just hope they don't play too late, like 2am. Anyone else into them?

I gave them/him/she a go. it was ok. Had a listen to Phoenix as well after the line up was announced and quite enjoyed them.

Objekt on the farm plz Objekt on the farm plz Objekt on the farm plz Objekt on the farm plz Objekt on the farm plz Objekt on the farm plz Objekt on the farm plz Objekt on the farm plz Objekt on the farm plz Objekt on the farm plz x100

• Upvote 1

On 4/1/2017 at 9:54 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Just seen it's only got a capacity of 250 :o

Used to be the Rainbow Pub and Cellar, it seems...

Ben

Just spotted tickets for this are on Dice. £5 too which is reasonable so half tempted.
Think I've been to every other Rainbow venue but that one.

Just now, The60ftOctopus said:

Just spotted tickets for this are on Dice. £5 too which is reasonable so half tempted.
Think I've been to every other Rainbow venue but that one.

Absolutely - at 5 quid, how could I not? Looking forward to my pre-Glastonbury night out already!

Ben

22 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Where are we thinking DJ Shadow will play? Park? JP or WH sub? Silver Hayes? Glade? He's a hard one to place.

Last year I saw him at bluedot and it looked like he took a smaller slot so that he would be in a tent for the visual elements. Not sure if he'll be doing a similar thing this time, mind

On 30/3/2017 at 11:23 AM, Jiminy said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned before,  but I've seen Skibadee has self confirmed 2 sets... any idea who he'll be MCing with and when and where? Cheers

I'm not sure, but I did just ask DJ Marky on facebook if he was playing at Glastonbury and he liked my post. I'm probably reading more into that than I should, and I don't necessarily think Skibadee is the greatest fit of MCs with Marky...but I'll take it :)

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I'm not sure, but I did just ask DJ Marky on facebook if he was playing at Glastonbury and he liked my post. I'm probably reading more into that than I should, and I don't necessarily think Skibadee is the greatest fit of MCs with Marky...but I'll take it :)

I'd be at Marky 100%. Hope its not with Skibadee tho. Would prefer him solo or with someone like Dynamite.

1 hour ago, Familiar2billions said:

Not sure if they've been mentioned a few pages back or so but Im hoping we see Kiasmos get announced. They dont have too much on over the summer but are doing the odd date here and there so fingers crossed.

I'd be delighted too, F2b, but for some reason I just don't see them as the sort of act that Glastonbury pursue. Not sure why, just don't. Shame, mind.

Same is true of Rival Consoles, about whom I'd be incredibly excited were he to be announced. Again, unlikely :(

Ben

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'd be delighted too, F2b, but for some reason I just don't see them as the sort of act that Glastonbury pursue. Not sure why, just don't. Shame, mind.

Same is true of Rival Consoles, about whom I'd be incredibly excited were he to be announced. Again, unlikely :(

Ben

True, although Silver Hays seems to be getting more diverse in its bookings with each passing year so you'd like to think there would be some space for them in one of the tents.

Im yet to give Rival Consoles a proper listen, have only heard the odd bit here and there. I think i'll make that my afternoon listening at work today :)

3 minutes ago, Familiar2billions said:

True, although Silver Hays seems to be getting more diverse in its bookings with each passing year so you'd like to think there would be some space for them in one of the tents.

Im yet to give Rival Consoles a proper listen, have only heard the odd bit here and there. I think i'll make that my afternoon listening at work today :)

Listen to the latest EP/mini-album, Night Melody. Superb. 

Ben

Any info out there to suggest which day Sasha and digweed will headline? Basically i want it to be Saturday as i don't want a clash with Radiohead on Friday! I'm thinking sat is most likely as Carl Cox was sat last year and they are the big one this year. Also looking at his dates Sasha seems to prefer sats (family commitments?) and it will be him who has the biggest say as he is well connected with glade/ Glastonbury. Clutching at straws? 

Edited by danbailey80

24 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Any info out there to suggest which day Sasha and digweed will headline? Basically i want it to be Saturday as i don't want a clash with Radiohead on Friday! I'm thinking sat is most likely as Carl Cox was sat last year and they are the big one this year. Also looking at his dates Sasha seems to prefer sats (family commitments?) and it will be him who has the biggest say as he is well connected with glade/ Glastonbury. Clutching at straws? 

Saturday 

would have to be Thurs/Fri as he's at Awakenings on Saturday and Sunday (see also: Ben Klock, Marcel Dettmann, Adam Beyer, Joseph Capriati, Nina Kraviz, Len Faki, Chris Liebing)

e: Kraviz is in Spain on the Friday too.

while I'm digging around on RA, I see Ellen Allien is free all Glastonbury weekend.

Edited by ghostdancer1

46 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Over on the self confirmed thread it will surprise no one to find out that eats everything is going to be back, expect about 4 sets or so as usual. Shame he's a bit naff.

I really like him so I'm happy. Do you know where the confirmation came from?