Foo Fighters

Brave Sir Robin

Oh sweet, do they play other people's tunes? ;-)

Haha! *biting* ;) yes they do a couple most shows that I've seen. Their alter ego band 'The Holy Shits' do only covers I believe. The Foos as the Foos have just done a whole week of covers every night on the Letterman Show. Sonic Highways is a great rock doc whether you are a fan or not - Chicago: Steve Albini, Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters...

Edited by Wherethewildthingsare

Well it started as an alias to play covers, maybe now it's just an alias. Whether they're playing covers or their own stuff they're a great live band. Overdue for Glastonbury IMO

Not sure if they played any covers at the Holy Shits shows this year, but they played some bloody good setlists. I'd like them at Glastonbury.

Edit: They are much better live than on record, though. I can never listen to a Foos album, and didn't think much of the new song (granted, only listened once in a noisy cafe), but thought they were great at Leeds fest in 2012.

Edited by Will-2609

Not sure if they played any covers at the Holy Shits shows this year, but they played some bloody good setlists. I'd like them at Glastonbury.

Edit: They are much better live than on record, though. I can never listen to a Foos album, and didn't think much of the new song (granted, only listened once in a noisy cafe), but thought they were great at Leeds fest in 2012.

yeah i don't really listen to them on record anymore but would definitely go and see them if they headlined. both times i saw them live (In Your Honour tour and ESP&G tour) they were great

First proper listen of Something From Nothing (through headphones in a quiet room) and it's not as bad as I originally though. Just a standard Foos track, really.

it's grown on me a little. it's no worse than Rope from the last album, which i quite enjoyed, although i doubt it's gonna have me returning as the super-fan i once was (and i imagine the album will have the same effect - give it a few listens but that'll be that)

I think everyone had rather high expectations for the first single, like that it was gunna be a song that made the speakers playing instantaneously combust and then made the desk melt, or at least that's what I thought everyone's expectations were.

I think it does a fairly decent job for raising interests for the album and definitely pleases me with the heaviness at the end

I think everyone had rather high expectations for the first single, like that it was gunna be a song that made the speakers playing instantaneously combust and then made the desk melt, or at least that's what I thought everyone's expectations were.

I think it does a fairly decent job for raising interests for the album and definitely pleases me with the heaviness at the end

yeah i have a habit of having overly high expectations of new music, initially being disappointed / hating it, and then slowly coming around to it (as people on here may know :P). to be honest the structure of the new song is a lot more interesting than your usual Foo Fighters song - just musically it sticks to what we're used to

Seen them live a few times and never found them dull

they are just completely middle of the road. not challenging at all, by the numbers, for the masses. i stopped listening at the colour and the shape, when i was 13. trying not to sound like a twat here, but i think that's kind of indicative... personally, like my music to have a bit more substance.

having said that, if kasabian, mumford et. al. can headline, then so can the foo fighters.

• Upvote 1