Foo Fighters

Brave Sir Robin

Even tho this is probably 99% incorrect, I'm praying it's true. Don't get me wrong I like Metallica, I've seen then twice, but I'd much rather see Foo Fighters headline. Having seen both I thought Foo Fighters were the better live band.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i wouldn't mind Foo Fighters headlining one year, but not this year - them coupled with Arcade Fire and Kasabian just looks like an average Reading/Leeds set of headliners and there's nothing thrilling about it at all. though people may not agree with Metallica headlining, the controversy surrounding them topping the bill (and the fact it'll be the first metal act up there) makes it special, regardless of what you think of them

• Upvote 1

well if Metallica are willing to play other stage what's would have stopped them approaching other bands in the last few weeks?

the fact that Glasto don't actually usually approach bands of this major a size?

"Excuse me, you're one of the biggest bands in the world. Do you fancy forgetting about your usual fee, and playing for a few quid instead?" ;)

i wouldn't mind Foo Fighters headlining one year, but not this year - them coupled with Arcade Fire and Kasabian just looks like an average Reading/Leeds set of headliners and there's nothing thrilling about it at all. though people may not agree with Metallica headlining, the controversy surrounding them topping the bill (and the fact it'll be the first metal act up there) makes it special, regardless of what you think of them

Same goes for Metallica really - they're the act that's headlined Reading & Leeds the most. I'd say it's a very good R+L trio really - after all, there's no Green Day, My Chemical Romance or Blink-182 in the mix. I don't see what'd be wrong with it anyway but fair enough.

I do like Foo Fighters and I don't like Metallica, but it's becoming increasingly apparent that some people need their eyes opening to how little of a negative effect metal/'heavy music' has, so the latter are probably best off playing.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

Foo fighters are the worst of the worst for me. Bland music, fronted by an absolute hard-on. Id take Metallica a million times over these turds.

I fail to see how they can be differentiated from Nickelback, who are widely ridiculed.

Stop it!!

This is not so daft and how good would it be!

1 week before: https://fireflyfestival.com/lineup/

It could add up.

And how can Glasto be happy with Metallica when they are headlining Sonisphere just 1 week later, hardly exclusive...

I know everyone is convinced it is Metallica, but this kind of makes more sense - plus, I would much prefer it!

the fact that Glasto don't actually usually approach bands of this major a size?

"Excuse me, you're one of the biggest bands in the world. Do you fancy forgetting about your usual fee, and playing for a few quid instead?" ;)

I take your point but given the situation couldn't hurt to at least put the word out they were looking. Throw in a few pints of cider and maybe a bbq

• Upvote 1