Foo Fighters

Brave Sir Robin

Yeah went to kasabian at hard rock calling there last year and that was well organised. Astro turf standing area was pretty cool and sound was decent. Long walk from the train station though but maybe they'll move it to a different part of the park for others.

It's being broadcast on BBC so will be able to check out what it's like from that

South Lawn is alot closer to the station than where it was last year (and has actual grass at the moment!). Its just behind the Orbit/Olympic Stadium....about 10 minutes with a brisk pace I reckon.

The only problem I'd guess with HRC/Stagesetc. was extra tents, unless they used the Stadium (as that will be sort of finished for the Rugby World Cup :P)

A little off topic that!

Hopefully they do gig or two in smaller venues like they have been in the US.

Edited by LondonTom

I'd say the Stones are probably fairly used to not playing gigs in return for some pocket money either..

Torn over that olympic park gig. Great value for the turns they've got for it - if slightly unforgiving a location for a Sunday night.

• 2 months later...

Yeah it's just a bit disappointing really. I thought their last album was a step away from the MOR rock they are prone to producing, it's a shame that they've reverted back to their old ways.

Saw a video interview with Dave Grohl recently. As he put it himself - "the deep cuts don't keep the mansion running!"

Saw a video interview with Dave Grohl recently. As he put it himself - "the deep cuts don't keep the mansion running!"

but it's not like this is even a big catchy single. i definitely can't see it doing particularly well in the charts other than for the fact it's a new Foo Fighters song. it's just a bit of a thud. i've long written Foo Fighters off as being able to make any music that's really innovative etc - they do what they do and always have done - but i thought we'd have something a little more interesting here

I'm 99% certain it was Rope. I remember it being the only new song anyone knew at the Wembley Arena gig

they released White Limo as a kind of 'promo single' before the album and then released Rope as the proper single a bit later. i definitely remember hearing White Limo first and it peaking my interest for the album

but it's not like this is even a big catchy single. i definitely can't see it doing particularly well in the charts other than for the fact it's a new Foo Fighters song. it's just a bit of a thud. i've long written Foo Fighters off as being able to make any music that's really innovative etc - they do what they do and always have done - but i thought we'd have something a little more interesting here

I THINK it has been released first because it's the first song on the album corresponding to the first tv show in the series? so it's not a single in a typical sense of 'stand out track that'll sell' but either way single or not it's not very good :( very disappointing..

I'm not a Foo Fighters fan in anyway, but after a couple of listens I'm not hating Something From Nothing. The chorus verse is a bit Beatles-esque, the middle riff with the keys pretty catchy. I'd rather many other bands headline over them, but they'll probably do it and itll probably work.