Hidden Glastonbury

dimus

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

What is the deal with the Rabbit Hole then? Last year after Adele we ended up there, we just walked straight in, it was hot as hell and absolutely packed, but there wasn't anybody stopping anybody going in? We just wandered in and there were about 10 of us.

From what I understand there is a secret area within the tent that takes you through to somewhere else but have never looked for it myself.

I did have a pic but cannot find it,as you walk in the rabbit hole there is usually a bloke on the right and he asks you a riddle or you give him a carrot.  You then on hands and knees go through a small entrance and into a tunnel which takes you to a tented area out back.  it were good

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

You were so close!

Yeah, me and @fatyeti24 did that one year (2010? 2009?) Sat by the dragon for a bit

"Well, we've pretty much seen all of the festival now"

"Yeah... Except the underground piano bar"

"Yeah. I wonder where that is?"

"Dunno"

Found it last year though. We queued outside for ages without it moving, before finally giving up, after hearing you could get in (earlier?) by crawling through a tunnel. That's not a delightful secret, it's a tourist trap with a velvet rope covered in mud

Fuck that shit.

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, me and @fatyeti24 did that one year (2010? 2009?) Sat by the dragon for a bit

"Well, we've pretty much seen all of the festival now"

"Yeah... Except the underground piano bar"

"Yeah. I wonder where that is?"

"Dunno"

Found it last year though. We queued outside for ages without it moving, before finally giving up, after hearing you could get in (earlier?) by crawling through a tunnel. That's not a delightful secret, it's a tourist trap with a velvet rope covered in mud

Fuck that shit.

they were encouraging people to strip off to jump the queue too.

@H.M.V has an interesting tale about those lads that run it, and an interesting encounter in the airport on the way home lst year.

i've no idea what the Piano bar is like inside, but you're not exactly stuck for options at Glastonbury, even at 4am, without suffering those bellends.

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

@H.M.V has an interesting tale about those lads that run it, and an interesting encounter in the airport on the way home lst year.

i've no idea what the Piano bar is like inside, but you're not exactly stuck for options at Glastonbury, even at 4am, without suffering those bellends.

Oh yeah, that was it. Strip off to get in the club. Very 'Glastonbury'.

The Rabbit Hole itself is pretty cool, the early evening bands bring the jams and the staff are all doubleplusgood sorts.

The 'issue' - and it's not an issue - is that it's acquired this cachet as a sort of "in the know' VIP hang out, so all the Fyre Island types gravitate towards it, so come half past midnight there's a huge queue of folk outside it who don't even know what they're queuing for.

10 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Its either humiliation or hand over drugs to a bunch of self important west brit dubs. 

I'd try again if i could remember the name of the woman at the airport although to be fair, i doubt she would accommodate me seeing as i told her a story about the staff and it turned out to be a gropey story about her fella. That kind of behaviour has no place at Glastonbury and I'm amazed I've not actually written a letter to HQ. Being titty groped is the fucking pits. 

4 hours ago, Sasperella said:

So just to be clear.... the dragon field is the sort of L shaped one, which stretches from the sacred space all the way round to shangri la, right? And somewhere in here I may, or may not, come across the dragon and the underground piano bar...

Dragon field is about half of that (going by the map, approximately the 2 smaller sections of the area you describe). The larger, squareish shaped section is a separate field called Williams.

It sounds like we got lucky when we've been to the Piano Bar, there wasn't a queue or any random criteria, but the main bloke did seem a bit arsey on stage so I can believe others experiences.

I've given up on the Rabbit Hole, as much as I'd like to see what's down there it hasn't been open when I've been so I give up.

The only place I was to find is the stone mason bar, which I might make an effort to locate (I think I have a rough idea where it is)

4 hours ago, Aragorn said:

I did have a pic but cannot find it,as you walk in the rabbit hole there is usually a bloke on the right and he asks you a riddle or you give him a carrot.  You then on hands and knees go through a small entrance and into a tunnel which takes you to a tented area out back.  it were good

I absolutely need to find it this year...it's driving me potty. I went in to the main part one yar, at about 2 or 3am, but the dude told us it was closed. I don't really believe that now.... Must remember to look to the right as I go in next time! And maybe not be so spandangled whilst going for the premier reccie

Just now, Sasperella said:

I absolutely need to find it this year...it's driving me potty. I went in to the main part one yar, at about 2 or 3am, but the dude told us it was closed. I don't really believe that now.... Must remember to look to the right as I go in next time! And maybe not be so spandangled whilst going for the premier reccie

I think (IIRC) that the door's fairly obvious (but small) but it was definitely closed when I went

Me and the missus got into the rabbit hole back in 2010, it was quite surreal with lots of tunnels. When we wanted to leave we took different tunnels each time and kept coming back into the same place! I think we escaped through a gap in the tent wall in the end and went round the back to get out!:)

14 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Don't go in the Rabbit Hole, go up to the entrance, then look outside it, to the right, the entrance is on the outside, which opens up at midnight I think.

Not had an issue with the piano bad security staff as we walked straight in but I thought the underground piano curator(?) was a massive bellend. There were a couple of murmurs in the crowd of mainly people enjoying themselves and the moment, and he shouted for everyone to shut the fuck up. Really dampened the spirit and it wasn't exactly a fun experience. 

Still cool to finally find the place and tick it off the list though, but I wouldn't exactly rush to go there again. 

9 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Don't go in the Rabbit Hole, go up to the entrance, then look outside it, to the right, the entrance is on the outside, which opens up at midnight I think.

Excellent...will try this! My plan this year is to spend most of Wednesday at least figuring out how to get into these places, even if they're not open. Ans then go back when they are to try and get in. That included the piano bar, even if they are w*nkers. 

One other thing...this business about people throwing glitter at you in some behind the scenes part of block 9. Where exactly is that? How does one get in???? I know secrets ruin it, but hints would be appreciated :lol: Maybe we could do it as part of our efests meet!

Just now, Sasperella said:

One other thing...this business about people throwing glitter at you in some behind the scenes part of block 9. Where exactly is that? How does one get in???? I know secrets ruin it, but hints would be appreciated :lol: Maybe we could do it as part of our efests meet!

Would love to find this as well. As far as I'm aware it's completely random and they pick a select few people who are in the queue. I've heard stories of actors dressed as doctors doing torture on people. They don't explain it either to add to the mystery and surprise. 

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Excellent...will try this! My plan this year is to spend most of Wednesday at least figuring out how to get into these places, even if they're not open. Ans then go back when they are to try and get in. That included the piano bar, even if they are w*nkers. 

I don't mean to put you off, you can find the underground piano bar and the rabbit hole as places, but for the rest just go for a blow out festival and make your own discoveries. You will find things that others don't,  and have a great time!

17 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Not had an issue with the piano bad security staff as we walked straight in but I thought the underground piano curator(?) was a massive bellend. There were a couple of murmurs in the crowd of mainly people enjoying themselves and the moment, and he shouted for everyone to shut the fuck up. Really dampened the spirit and it wasn't exactly a fun experience. 

Still cool to finally find the place and tick it off the list though, but I wouldn't exactly rush to go there again. 

Yeah that was basically what happened when we went, but it was still fun at the time!  I think I mostly just liked the shack itself, I'd love to live in a little house like that, sans bellend of course :lol:

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

The 'secret' part of the Rabbit hole was certainly open last year on the Wednesday night, we drank in the normal part for the first time last year and had a good look for the secret entrance but couldn't see anything obvious but the next day we met up with another group of friends who said they were in there till 2 - 3am.

We also found the dragon for the first time last year and didn't realise what the work was that was still ongoing on the other side of the fence - pretty sure that was the Thursday so i don't think that particular bar would have been open that day?