dimus

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Tr234 said:

I went to the piano bar midday Sunday and climbed in no queue. Was good to see but don't think I'd queue for it

9 or 10am is probably a good time to get in queue-free and for there still to be a bit of life / marvel at the state of them.

1 hour ago, p.pete said:

Hah, me saying left, you saying right, do you think we're thinking of the same field upside down?  (I'm thinking of how I look 'up' at the field, you're facing northwards, or thinking of the direction you face if you sat down)

I think we were both looking in the same direction but the landmarks where in different orders. :)

2 hours ago, p.pete said:

Hah, me saying left, you saying right, do you think we're thinking of the same field upside down?  (I'm thinking of how I look 'up' at the field, you're facing northwards, or thinking of the direction you face if you sat down)

thats a good point that hadn't occured to me till now - my festival 'memory map' is with Gate C at the bottom and Gate A at the 'top', just because I've always been in East camper, which I think has confused people when I've said things like 'the Rum Shack is on the left had side of the site, just before the railway line' :)

5 hours ago, endswithMJ said:

secret way into shangri - la which avoids all queues is my all time favourite. 

I've never queued for shangri la but I can't remember properly where we got through last time so I'll have to queue like everyone else this time :( 

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

Elaboration required. 

Look at the map. Yes that path does go from there to there.

I kinda knew where it was last year, when I had met some new friends and they got the message nobody was being let into Shangri La. I confidently said "follow me" (I wasn't confident), and as we walked through a very dark path, with some of the green field folk probably trying to sleep in the tents around us, we marched into the black. And then, very excitedly, into the noise.

On 08/06/2017 at 5:05 PM, somethingsomething said:

Hi all,

New here, but each year I'm intrigued by tales of secret hideaways and things. We did try the Rabbit Hole secret bar a few years back but the White Rabbit made us answer impenetrable riddles. (I suspect the bar wasn't ready) This year I'm going armed with carrots. 

My only success was one place near the Spirit of '71 stage a few years back. A long wall near the stage also featured the door of the Tardis. Saw a few people come and go that didn't look like security so wandered over to investigate. Inside, we found a bar doing pints of Mojitos. The rest of the day went by in a bit of a haze. 

That wasn't a secret venue as such, it was the backstage bar. Congratulations for managing to get in there anyway!

On 09/06/2017 at 4:36 PM, idb said:

What became of the old Strummerville that got absorbed into the Unfairground? Can it still be visited or is it out of bounds?

Strummerville is now up above the Stone Circle, on the way up to Worthy View, hidden away in the trees. I think the Strummer stone is still accessible in it's usual place though.

36 minutes ago, Simpo said:

I kinda knew where it was last year, when I had met some new friends and they got the message nobody was being let into Shangri La. I confidently said "follow me" (I wasn't confident), and as we walked through a very dark path, with some of the green field folk probably trying to sleep in the tents around us, we marched into the black. And then, very excitedly, into the noise.

I tried to go in the backway on the Sunday last year around 1130pm only to be told it was a one way system and I had to go around to the front. On the friday at 2am we walked in a back way no problem. Does it have something to do with the time or is their more than one "backway"?

40 minutes ago, Simpo said:

You must have been lucky if you managed to walk through a crew site

Hi everyone,

Sorry to crash the chat. I'm looking to buy two tickets from anyone who can't use theirs. I missed out on the first sale and re-sale but I am absolutely desperate to go and am willing to take a risk of buying a couple of tickets and taking my chances getting in. If you or anyone you know has tickets, please PM me and we can try to figure out a way of making the exchange. You'd make me the happiest man in the world.

Thanks.

On 6/9/2017 at 6:50 AM, guinness_guzzler said:

I've been to Glasto 6 times and never found where the secret piano bar is, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Look by the Dragon Field entrance on the Stone Circle side. Two sewer pipes, can't miss it.

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

Is this the one where you come out by longdrops and Deluxe Diner?

24 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

I've been through there a few times, but mainly to get away from the crowds in the SE corner, not to get in :lol:

I think I know what he's talking about... I've done that myself a few times. Security seems to be only at the Shangri La end at busy times.

15 minutes ago, herzzreh said:

I think I know what he's talking about... I've done that myself a few times. Security seems to be only at the Shangri La end at busy times.

Been a few years since I've bothered trying to go there - glad that route sounds like it's still functional. I'd say it'd be very quickly shut off if it became more popular.  Any easy route from there to crew bar?

5 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Been a few years since I've bothered trying to go there - glad that route sounds like it's still functional. I'd say it'd be very quickly shut off if it became more popular.  Any easy route from there to crew bar?

Not sure. I never really bothered with any crew bars.