Hidden Glastonbury

dimus

Are there any secret / lesser known areas that people know of? Not to post their exact location but just their existence.

Last year I found the underground piano bar, the huge stone dragon and tunnel under the old railway track. Places that had previously evaded me.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear I found a garden area with a DJ after crawling through a tunnel once unless that was at BBL

Either that or too much acid my friend..

On another note, I haven't come across any of these secret spots, although did find a nice place around the greenfields I think one year with all these little candles dotted around a small field, nice spot to relax at night :)

'Tis found at the top of old Dragon Field....

Also easily missed:

Iona Camp

Greenpeace - Permaculture tunnel

Stone Dragon

Flushing loos

Sam's Magic Hat Sauna

Strummerstone

To name a few...

What is this Iona Camp you speak of?

The tunnel and garden definitely existing a few years ago (maybe 2011), somewhere in Shangri-La I thought....

Iona Camp is probably one of the last old skool Glasto regular institutions that I remember still remaining and in its original spot. Look around top of Avalon exit over the railway line....

There are often candles floating near the Dragon - perchance you may have been near but not realised it.... The Greenfields often hosts a spiral or maze delineated by candles or tee-lights in those candle bags. Also there is a pond not far from there also sporting similar illumination at night...

The piano bar seems to keep moving, I've followed all kinds of different directions but I've never found it, and I think it was a lot bigger last year than previously

I think the first year I went (2009) I ended up at what I assume was a Rabbit Hole party (although it wasn't through the Rabbit Hole bar) on the thursday (I think)

I've not found anything like it since. My advice would be, if a man offers you a carrot in exchange for a riddle, it's probably worth answering the riddle.

I'm intrigued by the tunnel under the railway

The piano bar seems to keep moving, I've followed all kinds of different directions but I've never found it, and I think it was a lot bigger last year than previously

It really doesn't move, at least not year to year.

The first underground piano bar was around either once or twice, about 10-15 years ago, and was located in the Craft Field.

The second incarnation started in one of 2007-2009, and has been located at exactly the same place each time, almost to the inch. It's at the Southern end of Dragon Field.

I've found every place mentioned in this thread apart from the tunnel under the railway... I found one tiny little tunnel which was just a link between fields either side of the tracks but nothing worth speaking about. Where do you bloody find it? Oh and the Rabbit Hole, never been able to locate that.

I've found every place mentioned in this thread apart from the tunnel under the railway... I found one tiny little tunnel which was just a link between fields either side of the tracks but nothing worth speaking about. Where do you bloody find it? Oh and the Rabbit Hole, never been able to locate that.

Sounds like you did find the tunnel then.

It's mostly notable as a (really good) shortcut from Green Futures to Greenpeace. A couple of times in the past some effort has been made to do something with it - decoration, ambient sounds, etc but ultimately it's still just a foot tunnel.

Rabbit hole in the Park, easy to find, not so easy to get in in my experience.

I won't go into detail, but I'll just say this - investigate the stalls in the Craft Field. There's at least 1 that has much more to it behind the facade.

yeah we found a great chill out cafe that sold fab Irish coffees and carrot cake with squashy settees :)

Found all of these bar whatever is hidden in the craft fields. This is why you have got to love Glasto. Found the underground piano bar last year while the wife and daughter where doing there own thing. Took the mrs back later and it was closed!