Wolf Alice

Pilgrim S

Those streams are showing up unavailable btw. 

Anyway, I heard it over the weekend. Thought it was great - re-recordings of Bros and Fluffy lost their edge a bit, but that's a common occurrence when bands put older singles onto their debut. They still sound decent though and there is some quality new stuff on there; Your Loves Whore, Soapy Water, The Wonderwhy in particular, then of course Giant Peach and You're A Germ which we've already heard. 

damn was hoping they'd be in the first slot, but still definitely gonna try and catch that them. just hope the act before them is somewhat decent as i really don't fancy watching some utter shite in a ridiculously packed out tent

Or someone shit but attracting a big crowd that won't really be into Wolf Alice! Should just about be able to sneak in!

Hopefully I'll be there but the way Thursday's go , I just don't know :D

If they do play Williams Green on the Thursday I'll be well up for that, really like what i've heard from them so far, just hope I can get a spot in the tent.

Guessing early arrival is a must? Never been to see anyone on Thursday at William's Green.

Had another listen in the car yesterday to check I wasn't being overly harsh, and really under-impressed. The bits and pieces I'd heard before the album, I liked, but the album seems a really bad job to me. Very pop, flimsy and pretty badly put together arrangements on some of the songs. Shame, I was really expecting big things.

Would reluctantly have to agree i think they have put the album off for to long and have released much stronger tracks on previous eps than are on the album.

It still has a few standout moments most of which we have already heard previous to the release.

Not blown away by any of the album tracks im hearing for the first time.

Having said all that its still a good record but perhaps my standards were a little to high.

Agree with the above sentiments. I still want to catch their set at Williams Green but am not so fussed about the clash Motorhead now. The eps are great, and even though the album is a more polished affair i'd imagine live it will be given a swift boot up the behind.

Agree with the above.

Really annoys me when bands take years to release their debut album, but release lots of solid, great singles and EP's beforehand. It almost always leaves you disappointed when the album is released, as you've heard them previously befor, but sounding more raw and edgy. I hate the way albums are polished these days.

I'd hate to imagine what would have happened to Arctic Monkeys if they were breaking through nowadays. Back in late '05 / early '06 they released IBTYLGOTD and then a few months later we had WPSIATWIM.

Edited by st dan