Wolf Alice

Pilgrim S

Agree with the above.

Really annoys me when bands take years to release their debut album, but release lots of solid, great singles and EP's beforehand. It almost always leaves you disappointed when the album is released, as you've heard them previously befor, but sounding more raw and edgy. I hate the way albums are polished these days.

I'd hate to imagine what would have happened to Arctic Monkeys if they were breaking through nowadays. Back in late '05 / early '06 they released IBTYLGOTD and then a few months later we had WPSIATWIM.

There's only two songs from EPs on there and one of those, Fluffy, has been off iTunes and Spotify for ages? 

There's only two songs from EPs on there and one of those, Fluffy, has been off iTunes and Spotify for ages?

I meant more the fact that you've heard the band before sounding more raw .. Not necessarily the songs they release on the album.

Don't get me wrong, I like the album of the few listens I've had, but when they burst onto the scene I was just expecting a lot more.

Yeah feels a bit premature to write it off based on an iTunes album stream.  Sounds very different to a lot of what they've released so far but I'm looking forward to getting a copy and letting it grow on me. 

To not see them live would be a mistake in any case.  

another great recommendation I got from off this forum! :music: 

I really like them, have not heard the album yet but I love all of the tracks on spotify, 4 of which are on the album anyway ("Bros", "Moaning Lisa Smile", "Giant Peach" and "You're a Germ")

The clash with Motorhead is one of the worst clashes for me, I am going to have to choose Motorhead on the fact that I will never get to see them again, so i am hoping that the William Greens slot goes ahead and I can get in the tent.