headliners in years to come ?

cidy

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The National (one day, maybe an other stage headliner next year)

Kanye West

Bjork

The Flaming Lips

The Strokes?

Daft Punk

Jack White

Florence + the Machine

The Black Keys

Elbow

Foo Fighters

Editors

Rage Against The Machine (who knows? they've gone and done metallica)

Old artists that are yet to play (I think anyway):

Depeche Mode

The Beach Boys/Brian Wilson

Madonna

Roger Waters + The Wall

Fleetwood Mac

Prince

Depeche Mode

Madonna

Roger Waters + The Wall

Fleetwood Mac

Prince

Brian wilson did play. Legends slot a few years back. Can't remember when, but around 2004/5/6.

Edited by MrPink

The National (one day, maybe an other stage headliner next year)

Kanye West

Bjork

The Flaming Lips

The Strokes?

Daft Punk

Jack White

Florence + the Machine

The Black Keys

Elbow

Foo Fighters

Editors

Rage Against The Machine (who knows? they've gone and done metallica)

Depeche Mode

Madonna

Roger Waters + The Wall

Fleetwood Mac

Prince

The acts I've highlighted all seem to be artists who have reached their level, being Other headliner/Pyramid sub. What makes you think they'll ever become big enough to headline the big P? Are you thinking if they just hang around long enough like Kasabian, they'll get big enough? Flaming Lips and Bjork have both been going yonks and can't see them becoming any bigger.

And... Editors??

The acts I've highlighted all seem to be artists who have reached their level, being Other headliner/Pyramid sub. What makes you think they'll ever become big enough to headline the big P? Are you thinking if they just hang around long enough like Kasabian, they'll get big enough? Flaming Lips and Bjork have both been going yonks and can't see them becoming any bigger.

And... Editors??

Jack White has headlined, doubt he'll do anything as big as the White Stripes again but you never know.

Bjork certainly could headline depending on who else is playing and available.

Black Keys have a pretty good chance, they've been going ages but last couple of records have had massive crossover appeal.

Would be good to see some more risky choices in future, while Metallica and Jay Z were controversial they are both weĺl established. Something like arctic monkeys in 07 would be good to see, feel they have been a bit risk averse since the festival bubble burst though.

I love Bjork but I think she's a bit too much of a niche act these days to headline the Pyramid. She's the perfect act for an Other Stage headline slot though.

Next time she tours I expect her to headline Latitude or End of the Road.

Yeah, I agree - she would have to put out something that had a bit more mainstream appeal, not likely i guess.

Swans

+1

Edited by blackred

• 8 months later...

dug for ages to find this thread and re-bump it

I was thinking, considering we've had quite a few acts now.. and a few we can probably score off forever? Can you name 10 acts who have not HEADLINED yet, but you can see headlining in the future.

The 10 have to be incredibly likely as well.

Biffy Clyro

Rihanna

Rihanna

The Stone Roses (when they come back)

Elton John

Queens Of The Stone Age (maybe)

Florence + The Machine

Adele

Justin Timberlake

Fleetwood Mac

I'd say after that i'm struggling to think of 10 likely virgin headliners...

Yep, given how much of a boost their 2nd album seem to have given it's hardly unreasonable to assume they'll become headliners over the next couple of albums.

Indeed. Liked there 1st album, thought I'd go see em at the Wolves Civic, turned out to be arguably the best live act I have ever seen. And that's a bold statement. Went to their O2 London gig on the back of that - equally as impressive. Immediate dreams of seeing them at Glasto ensued! The atmosphere surrounding their live stuff is truly breathtaking. Kind of XX meets Radiohead.

Adele

Ed Sheeran

Paolo Nutini

Royal Blood

Kendrick Lamar

Ben Howard

Bruno Mars

Damon Albarn

Emeli Sande

Florence and the Machine

I'd have put Janelle Monae but I'm not sure, depends how long she spends concentrating on this record label thing before putting album three out. A long way down the line even if.

Not convinced Fleetwood Mac will ever do it now. Think they've probably missed the boat on Justin Timberlake too.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Hopefully Kendrick gets the call up on either the next album or one after, Bon Iver could well be the next Arcade Fire - very popular indie act that's played big venues, but needs the push of a Best Album Grammy win to get properly mainstream big. For UK guys, I think we're all agreed that Foals look on course to get there eventually, and Florence "always the bridesmaid" Welch and her machine will likely get her day eventually. My outside bet is that Chvrches could see themselves there in a few albums' time. Biffy Clyro are there already, Emily'll give them a ring when they release another album. Likewise, Sheeran is pretty much a headliner now, unbelievable though it may be.

Quite a few of these may never get there, though, even the dead certs, we've seen Bloc Party, Dizzee Rascal and Elbow's trajectories stop just within reach of it.