headliners in years to come ?

cidy

Can you even begin to imagine the animosity if Parasnore were to headline G? There's being ambitious, there's promoting female fronted bands, there's giving up and coming bands a chance

And there's plain fucking lunacy

The people touting them as headliners have zero frame of reference.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Day are a laughing stock, they aren't getting to headline. Paramore aren't either, I like their schtick, but they only co-headlined Reading, and they're pretty much the Reading house band, they've never done Glastonbury (that I know of), their audience just isn't there.

One Life Stand is an absolute beauty, it holds a special place for me because that's the one they were playing when they did the very excellent tour with LCD Soundsystem (RIP), probably my tied favourite along with The Warning. Every album produces a ridiculously high ratio of bangers in the tracklisting, so they only get stronger with each one, but the wider world just doesn't seem to be listening.

Your first sentence is one of the most stupid and incorrect music related comments I've ever read. Fair enough if you don't like them but...Laughing stock? Non-stop world wide sell out gigs for two decades? Hmm. Edited by Stokesy10

Your first sentence is one of the most stupid and incorrect music related comment I've ever read. Fair enough if you don't like them but...Laughing stock? Non-stop world wide sellout gigs for two decades? Hmm.

He hasn't a clue. Ignore.

One Life Stand is an absolute beauty, it holds a special place for me because that's the one they were playing when they did the very excellent tour with LCD Soundsystem (RIP), probably my tied favourite along with The Warning. Every album produces a ridiculously high ratio of bangers in the tracklisting, so they only get stronger with each one, but the wider world just doesn't seem to be listening.

They haven't made a bad album to be honest, I remember hearing over and over for the first time like 2 years ago as i was going through my exclusively strokes/pavement/velvet underground angsty teen phase and just giving into this awesome music and dancing - it was a big moment for me.

If they clash with kanye this year i will be gutted, have some common sense eavii stick em up against foos

Are you still thinking that Biffy Clyro will start moving down the lineups then? I don't necessarily disagree, but I think it will be a few albums down the line.

Even if Florence subs this year I still think she might headline R&L next year, although subbing this year is definitely a sideways step.

Well if everyone did pass on Flo this year and her only slot was as Glastonbury subheadliner, it just doesn't say to me that fests will take that up next year. The album will do alright but it won't be as big as Lungs, and her time coasting off Lungs will run out.

Yes I do still predict that. Not immediately but I don't see Glastonbury jumping on them next year as it's already been a while since they had a hit and it just seems to me that they would probably find better options and Biffy can go to Soni or Download and their decline will have already been set off. Kind of like if KOL didn't headline in 2008 and everyone else had a go on them then in like 2013 you had to think about whether Glastonbury would be bothered.

Your first sentence is one of the most stupid and incorrect music related comments I've ever read. Fair enough if you don't like them but...Laughing stock? Non-stop world wide sell out gigs for two decades? Hmm.

Yeah but they're a joke, that 3 album thing absolutely bombed in terms of creating some hits - they've had their time, let them headline 2025-30 when they're a legacy act that the 50 year olds and the wrong generation kids of the future can celebrate

Your first sentence is one of the most stupid and incorrect music related comment I've ever read. Fair enough if you don't like them but...Laughing stock? Non-stop world wide sellout gigs for two decades? Hmm.

Laughing stock to anybody but some teenagers and fans that wont let them go. American Idiot opens with a blistering title track, and was that last good song Green Day ever wrote. On stage strops, American Idol judges, increasingly embarrassing recorded output. Bon Jovi are still selling out worldwide gigs, they're a laughing stock to anybody but the listeners of Heart.fm, Green Day are the Kerrang equivalent.

Laughing stock to anybody but some teenagers and fans that wont let them go. American Idiot opens with a blistering title track, and was that last good song Green Day ever wrote. On stage strops, American Idol judges, increasingly embarrassing recorded output. Bon Jovi are still selling out worldwide gigs, they're a laughing stock to anybody but the listeners of Heart.fm, Green Day are the Kerrang equivalent.

What's worse a teenage kerrang-music phase or a teenage nme-music phase.

I know this is off topic but it just always seems to be one or the other for people who become big music fans, it was nme for me :(

I'd probably agree with you regards the American Idiot album - however there have been some good tunes since then. Laughing stock is a laughable description I'm afraid. I'm talking about their live acts (of which they play for 2 hours plus at times), where their set list of greatest hits if you like, would blow the Glasto audience away. I'm neither a teem nor a 'fan who won't let them go'. As I say, their last couple of albums aren't going to be as good as their first block and they aren't going to produce music that good again. That's pretty understandable for a band who've been that successful for so long!

Surprised nobody's said Taylor Swift by the way. I think she could do it in a couple of albums time.

Or, you know, now.

What's worse a teenage kerrang-music phase or a teenage nme-music phase.

I know this is off topic but it just always seems to be one or the other for people who become big music fans, it was nme for me :(

.... Pitchfork, I was a proper little shit. I also used to always nick a copy of the Observer Music Monthly on my paper round. 14 year old GETOFFAMYLAWN was in desperate need of a punch.

Or, you know, now.

.... Pitchfork, I was a proper little shit. I also used to always nick a copy of the Observer Music Monthly on my paper round. 14 year old GETOFFAMYLAWN was in desperate need of a punch.

Oh yeah for me the phase was NME at 15 -> Pitchfork 16/17, although pitchfork reviews are fucking shite and pretentious and just annoy me damn is it a convenient place to find music, if an album gets BNM or a decent score, i'll listen to it and quite often enjoy it, my fave album of the year so far (other than sufjan which hasn't been reviewed by them yet) was Natalie Prass' debut and I found her through pitchfork.

Edited by klipper

Or, you know, now.

Perfumed ponce!

Oh yeah for me the phase was NME at 15 -> Pitchfork 16/17, although pitchfork reviews are fucking shite and pretentious and just annoy me damn is it a convenient place to find music, if an album gets BNM or a decent score, i'll listen to it and quite often enjoy it, my fave album of the year so far (other than sufjan which hasn't been reviewed by them yet) was Natalie Prass' debut and I found her through pitchfork.

To be honest, I think they occasionally publish some pretty great reviews. Not often, but sometimes. I'd rather have Pitchfork taking what they do too seriously than a publication who either didn't give a toss or whose reviews were along the lines of "It was good. It was well recorded. The songs were a nice length."