headliners in years to come ?

cidy

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been saying for a while now it'd be great to see Glastonbury go back to giving acts a chance to step up. They used to do it quite a lot, not all of them really became regular headliners (Moby, Skunk Anansie) and some did (KOL, Coldplay, Muse) but that's the gamble. It'd be fun to see the squealing if 2015 was headlined by e.g. Rudimental, Foals and Bombay Bicycle Club but I think the Eavii were scared at the reaction to 2008 so it'll never happen

There some ex bands out there that could easily carry it off if they decided to reform.

Sorry to quote myself (is that bad form? :) ) but most of the bands I have in mind might reform except that the main man wouldn't be up for it....The rest of them might be. Probably enough out there to keep the Pyramid in headliners for quite some time.

Jake Bugg,

No, not really, I just want to post this video, I hurt myself laughing.

That is the best fucking thing i've listened to in AGES!I think i'm gonna follow Jake Bugg on Twitter...if he's on there...and recommend he reads some Socrates and see if he gets the joke. Or at least comes back from the library confused.

Bless him.

Sorry to quote myself (is that bad form? :) ) but most of the bands I have in mind might reform except that the main man wouldn't be up for it....The rest of them might be. Probably enough out there to keep the Pyramid in headliners for quite some time.

I think you've misunderstood the OP's point. The concern is about new bands coming up and not getting the chance to headline, not filling the headline slots with as many reformed bands as possible.

When his singing career dries up, he'll have a lucrative enterprise as the world's number 1 Jake Bugg spoof act, he just has to say what he says now.

Yeah, but imagine if Jake Bugg comes to that realisation himself, he'd just tie himself up in such a dope addled, self-deluded labyrinthine mass of backward-looping confusion he'd probably implode back in on himself and create such a massive-ladrock-george-formby-sized blackhole it'd swallow the LHC and all of Ocean Colour Scene with it.

The NMEuinverse would be fucked forever.

Or something.

I'm not drunk. Honest.

Haven't read all pages but haven't seen Sigur Ros mentioned yet. Would be perfect for a headline slot at Glastonbury.

Perhaps more likely choices though would be Biffy Clyro, Florence and the Machine, The XX, Elbow, The Flaming Lips, The National and Black Keys.

Less likely as we stand but possible after another album or two would be Alt-J, Ed Sheeren, Ellie Goulding, Jessie J, Laura Marling, Two Door Cinema Club.

Big current 'pop' names who haven't done it yet, Lady Gaga, Rhianna, and Kanye West.

Not all if these will be to everyone's taste but some of these are already big enough / will be big enough. And of course the naysayers will tell us what a list of MOR shit music that represents but I reckon the same conversations will have taken place about future headliners at any point since the festival started.... :)