Self Confirmed

Rumblestripe

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An oxymoron surely?

Not fair on Mr Ferry. I came across him at Glasto last year when I gave up on Metallica after two numbers and went walkabout. And he was very impressive with a very tight band. In Cardiff on his present tour he had a seven piece band with three excellent backing singers.

He's now 69 and maybe the voice isn't all that it was but the arrangements and overall production were excellent.

This was probably his best moment with Roxy Music in Frejus back in 1982 and the version of Avalon is tremendous (starts about 4'40"). I'll accept it wasn't this good but it still gives a flavour. Worth watching if only for the amazing backing singer Tawatha Agee from 7'30" on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQMpen_ASfU

Edited by grumpyhack

Passenger has just announced a show in Glasgow for June 19th, someone inform me he's booked up all weekend and we will pretend this never happened?

Haha, he's only busy on the Sunday with gigs on the 25th in Finland and a gig on 30th June. If I were betting I'd say he'll be on Saturday.

Haha, he's only busy on the Sunday with gigs on the 25th in Finland and a gig on 30th June. If I were betting I'd say he'll be on Saturday.

I was really hoping he'd be there, him and Ben Howard would make the festival perfect for me! Looking at those Scandinavian dates makes it seem a bit unlikely he would travel back and forth though?

I was really hoping he'd be there, him and Ben Howard would make the festival perfect for me! Looking at those Scandinavian dates makes it seem a bit unlikely he would travel back and forth though?

Nah, he's not old. 25th in Finland, then he could eveneven do Friday at Glastonbury, and then Denmark to Germany isn't that far. I'd kind of like him as well. His touring is very much from here to there etc already.

Now added Idiotape to the playlist. No idea why they're referred to as shoegaze, it's upbeat electronica with a live drummer. I can see them going down very well with a fair few eFesters:

https://youtu.be/GU0TmFpPxl0

Now that is a nice find, thanks for the YouTube link, never heard of them before but they are now on my list to see for sure.

Now added Idiotape to the playlist. No idea why they're referred to as shoegaze, it's upbeat electronica with a live drummer. I can see them going down very well with a fair few eFesters:

Yeah, like that a lot, the sort of band I look forward to hunting out at Glasto, I can see them at Williams Green now. And I will be there. Thanks!

^^ First band added to my list, thanks, kick things off nicely :)

Remind me of Jojo Mayer & Nerve with a bit more pace but less accomplished, in the nicest possible way.

Edited by whisty

Rather enjoyed that! Will likely check them out if I'm nearby when they're on! This is actually the first new act I've listened to since the week following the initial announcement. I keep telling myself that the full line-up won't be too far off and I'll make a proper go at it then but I'm starting to feel I should get the task underway sooner rather than later!