Self Confirmed

Rumblestripe

The white city shakers playing Weds, Sat & Sun.

A friend of mine fronts the band so if you're set up and can get to see them on the weds they're great fun. bluesy, country etc. I promise you'll be dancing.

Saw them in Glastonbury at the CN night - they were the dogs dangly bits and the best on the night by far.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a self-confirmation as such but looks like The Shires will be making an appearance - see penultimate paragraph

www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/the-shires-to-follow-in-dolly-partons-shoes-at-nashvilles-grand-ole-opry-10224005.html

Nearly forgot all about this. Saw Gaz Brookfield at the weekend. Asked him about glasto and he looked a bit awkward and replied 'I don't know yet'. Not a confirmation, but if he hadn't been approached, or approached them, he'd surely just say no?

I have a feeling that the people saying "I don't know" at this stage might not be playing

A month ago I would have said differently, but I think most people performing probably know at this point!

Isn't the point that they do know, but say "I don't know" to avoid giving it away?

Legendary hip hop artist Grandmaster Flash

Electronic soul duo Wyles & Simpson

Italian dub fusion DJ Gaudi

German techno DJ Ellen Allien

Folk singer songwriter Maz O'Connor

Record breaking UK country duo The Shires

Jazz inspired hip hop Akua Naru

Funky brass band The Brass Funkeys

Accordion led folk fusion band Calico Jack

I remember when you used to post lists like this everyday Dental! Hopefully those days are back.

I'm tipping Wyles & Simpson for big things, they sound halfway between London Grammar and the XX.

I have a feeling that the people saying "I don't know" at this stage might not be playing

A month ago I would have said differently, but I think most people performing probably know at this point!

Although, I remember Beans on Toast one year telling a story about how he wasn't sure if he was 'in' until really late on..hence the song 'Can't get a gig at Glastonbury', so I guess some folks, even regulars, can fall through the booking cracks Edited by dixietheduck

Nearly forgot all about this. Saw Gaz Brookfield at the weekend. Asked him about glasto and he looked a bit awkward and replied 'I don't know yet'. Not a confirmation, but if he hadn't been approached, or approached them, he'd surely just say no?

He's only free Sunday unless he does a Who/Weller. Guessing it's unlikely

I really hope that Caribou do a late night areas set. I think a clash is imminent unfortunately. :banghead::banghead:

With regards to Grandmaster Flash, they really do strike me West Holts 2/3 down. Same slot as Jurassic 5 I reckon.

Edited by willutalk