Self Confirmed

Rumblestripe

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope that Caribou do a late night areas set. I think a clash is imminent unfortunately. :banghead::banghead:

they're playing the next night somewhere in Europe, so i'd say they'll be on somewhere in the 8pm-11pm bracket, and then be straight out of GF unfortunately.

i guess a Daphni set earlier in the day might be possible.

a word of warning to those considering seeing Flash and perhaps expecting some old skool hip hop. he can be fucking awful these days, just playing a load of pop shite.

Yep, at Bestival a few years back he was disappointing, a decent pop/rock party DJ, nothing more (save for The Message at the end).

Yep, at Bestival a few years back he was disappointing, a decent pop/rock party DJ, nothing more (save for The Message at the end).

Saw him myself at Sankeys a good few years ago and it was one of the best sets i've seen. Times, venues,states alter perceptions massively though i would say.

Nearly forgot all about this. Saw Gaz Brookfield at the weekend. Asked him about glasto and he looked a bit awkward and replied 'I don't know yet'. Not a confirmation, but if he hadn't been approached, or approached them, he'd surely just say no?

I'd be very surprised if he wasn't on the line up tbh. Usually does a few sets over the weekend.

Lauren Laverne confirmed Songhoy Blues today - not sure if it has been mentioned, but they are still SR on the lineup.

Great news, thought they would fit in somewhere. I wasn't sure about them when I saw them on Jools but 6 have played the single a lot and its a grower.

a word of warning to those considering seeing Flash and perhaps expecting some old skool hip hop. he can be fucking awful these days, just playing a load of pop shite.

This. Afrika Bambaataa is the same. Both really disappoint.

The only person in that mould who seems to have any integrity left is Kool DJ Herc - smashed it the one time I saw him (admittedly years ago).

Edited by OBface

I'd be very surprised if he wasn't on the line up tbh. Usually does a few sets over the weekend.

Yeah he usually does, but he only has Sunday free, clocked it on his gig listings that he posted on twitter a while back.

Tuesday 16 June

The Cellars, Eastney, Portsmouth

Wednesday 17 June

The Monarch, Camden, London

Thursday 18 June

The Man Of Kent, Rochester, Medway

Friday 19 June

The Red Lion, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire

Saturday 20 June

The Prince Albert, Brighton

Sunday 21 June

The Victoria Inn, Colchester, Essex

Monday 22 June

The Bicycle Shop, Norwich

Tuesday 23 June

The Maze, Nottingham

Wednesday 24 June

The Fox And Newt, Leeds

Thursday 25 June

The Star & Garter, Manchester

Friday 26 June

The Victoria, Swindon

Saturday 27 June

Jinneyring Folk Festival, Worcestershire

Hope he is there Sunday though!!

Yeah he usually does, but he only has Sunday free, clocked it on his gig listings that he posted on twitter a while back.

Hope he is there Sunday though!!

Oh yea. Hadn't seen this. Fingers crossed for Sunday then. Usually look forward to catching him on Thursday somewhere.

Was wondering about Flash and couldn't find any set lists.

My Brother has been playing BSR playlist on Spotify. Public Service Broadcasting and North Misissippi Allstars came on. Have they been confirmed or did he somehow end up on the 2014 playlist? NMA have a gig in USA on 20th and one on 2nd of July. Doubt they'd come over.

North Mississippi Allstars were made TBC fairly recently. I presume Neil or Scottie heard something.

As for Public Service Broadcasting, there was someone on here who said they knew them and they were playing. They're playing loads of fests and are free G weekend so it makes sense.

happy for both if true. NMA seems odd, they could come over in that week break but it would seem unlikely.