West Holts

Supernintendo Chalmers

I know it's far too good, I had to make the trip down, I'm leaving myself open to suggestion for post glasto, latitude or bestival dependant on the other headliners, but latitude is as good as has been announced this year I feel

I'm still hoping for a Bestival visit. Don't think September counts as the summer :)

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would Run The Jewels suit West Holts?

I get the vibe its a bit of a mix bag when it comes to their line ups. World music with a mix of soul, hip hop etc

I think they seem to suit more indoors or darkness but I wouldn't rule it out

JPT was my feeling for them

On Run The Jewels, I was surprised to actually enjoy watching their Coachella set earlier!

Why? Did you listen to their stuff and think "jeez this is shit"? Or do you automatically not like hip hop? :P

I agree with those saying John Peel. Couldn't imagine them on West Holts for whatever reason. Maybe it's because they're new or bass-heavy or something but just don't see it.

I always hassle West Holts to put on more reggae.

This year they, apparently, planned to, and had two reggae acts lined up (that I'd have approved of, I was told).

But apparently they've both backed out for some reason, and currently there is no reggae act - tho there's something in the pipeline. Fingers crossed its decent.

Was hoping that Big Youth might swing by.

due to a random convo I had, I know that Big Youth isn't doing Silver Hayes.

But I do know that Silver Hayes has...

1. a reggae act from Trinidad

2. a reggae act born in Hawaii but now living in the USA.

I don't know who either act is, tho the 2nd might perhaps be Irie Love.

Ah man that sucks.

Always look forward to seeing what they deliver. Assume that means whoever is lined up probably won't be announced on Wednesday?

I'm not sure. It sounded like the new act was nearly sorted.

But, I think, the first big announcement will have lots of the bigger names but perhaps not the days or stages, so the 'new' reggae act might be out of that criteria anyway.

I always hassle West Holts to put on more reggae.

This year they, apparently, planned to, and had two reggae acts lined up (that I'd have approved of, I was told).

But apparently they've both backed out for some reason, and currently there is no reggae act - tho there's something in the pipeline. Fingers crossed its decent.

And more SKA - need more SKA at the festival - an overlooked genre IMO