Zoo Music Girl

The National

Probably getting away from the point of they should write more heavy tracks. But I like it when they play non-heavy tracks live and Matt gets a bit screamy on it. Like Squalor Victoria or Graceless.

16 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Turtleneck is probably the only song they’ve done from Cherry Tree onwards that I don’t like. 

They’re at their best when laying down jams like About Today. 

Agreed. Turtleneck is terrible. 

6 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Probably getting away from the point of they should write more heavy tracks. But I like it when they play non-heavy tracks live and Matt gets a bit screamy on it. Like Squalor Victoria or Graceless.

Graceless is my jam.

5 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Agreed. Turtleneck is terrible. 

No no no no no no no no thrice no and no. You are wrong. And we don't usually disagree. 

Edited by Superscally

5 hours ago, 1986 said:

Yeah this can happen. They're both in. 

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Why do people hate Turtleneck so much?

First time I heard it and maybe second and third too I thought this ones not for me but...I listened again and I get it now and its awesome.

2 hours ago, lazzareo said:

First time I heard it and maybe second and third too I thought this ones not for me but...I listened again and I get it now and its awesome.

Nah. It's bad.

On 3/16/2019 at 2:34 PM, nikkic said:

Because it’s shit. 

This is the true reason

5 hours ago, Dog Burger said:

First listen to the new album: certainly not one for the Alligator/Boxer/High Violet purists. 

Share more information, forthwith! 

12 hours ago, strummer77 said:

In what sense?

It doesn't really bear any resemblance to those albums, or Trouble Will Find Me for that matter. Some of it stems from the Sleep Well Beast sessions, so there are obvious sonic similarities there. Guest vocalists very prominent, often as or more prominent than Matt. It's a very vocal-forward album, lots of electronic pulses, and very few guitars. It doesn't really sound hugely like anything they've done before. It's a beautiful artistic statement, for sure, but certainly not the album you'd have made after Sleep Well Beast if you wanted to either go for the mainstream or return to something more similar to Alligator/Boxer/High Violet. Still not really sure what to make of it at this stage to be honest.  

Edited by Dog Burger

10 minutes ago, Dog Burger said:

It doesn't really bear any resemblance to those albums, or Trouble Will Find Me for that matter. Some of it stems from the Sleep Well Beast sessions, so there are obvious sonic similarities there. Guest vocalists very prominent, often as or more prominent than Matt. It's a very vocal-forward album, lots of electronic pulses, and very few guitars. It doesn't really sound hugely like anything they've done before. It's a beautiful artistic statement, for sure, but certainly not the album you'd have made after Sleep Well Beast if you wanted to either go for the mainstream or return to something more similar to Alligator/Boxer/High Violet. Still not really sure what to make of it at this stage to be honest.  

I... I don't know how to feel about this information. 

Sounds a bit Amnesiac-y.

Ended up getting tickets for their gig in Dalhalla, really looking forward to it now, could be pretty special.

Can't stay I'm surprised by this, given the lead single, and the 16 track runtime.

Holding out hope, they can usually do no wrong by me.