The National

Zoo Music Girl

28 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Been looking into getting tickets for the gig they're doing over here in Dalhalla, place looks ridiculous. Would mean passing up on the Glasgow gig but tbh it looks like this would be worth it 

The-concert-in-the-Dalhalla-amphitheater-in-the-excavation-of-the-limestone-exploitation.png

That place looks beautiful! Wish I had more money so could go to gigs in more exciting places like that tbh

56 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Dalhalla, Sweden.  The area was formed by a meteor I think

I think it may be an old quarry. They may need some barriers as I can see the audience toppling off the terraces like lemmings.

15 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

New song slaps doesn't it, the Castlefield Bowl gig is gonna be special. Jealous of anyone with tickets to an evening with Berninger and the boys.

Yeah gave it another spin this morning and proper pleased with it. What a band?! Looking forward to seeing the set lists in the run up to Manchester.

14 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Do you reckon they will tour the new album in the UK this year? Had no previous with this band before last year when I saw them at APE and just fell in love. Hoping to catch them again as soon as possible. What venues do they normally play on a UK tour?

Think so, yep. EU tour scheduled in for Autumn.

23 minutes ago, Jamesthedrake said:

After hearing the new song thought I'd give Manchester a punt but it's sold out! D'oh! Hadn't taken the plunge earlier as I had Elbow tickets for the night before 

Is Twickets still the best bet for tickets?

Is it Castlefield Bowl tickets you're after? If so I have 2 spares. 

Much to my annoyance we can't go now, happy to sell them at face value obviously. 

30 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Do you reckon they will tour the new album in the UK this year? Had no previous with this band before last year when I saw them at APE and just fell in love. Hoping to catch them again as soon as possible. What venues do they normally play on a UK tour?

Does seem like they've been on tour constantly for 2 years now. 

I really thought they'd take a break this year, so the new album and world tour is a big shock. 

They played 4 sold out nights at Hammersmith Apollo last time so as @Hugh Jass says it's probably going to be arenas for them next time. 

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

And they did arenas before that. Saw them at the O2 in 2015 I think. 

Fucking O2 would be dog shit. Horrible place. 

Hopefully they do Wembley instead. 

Might actually do a trip elsewhere come to think of it. 

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

Fucking O2 would be dog shit. Horrible place. 

Hopefully they do Wembley instead. 

Might actually do a trip elsewhere come to think of it. 

Would take O2 over Wembley any day of the week and I live a lot closer to Wembley.

Agree though, it's annoying when bands get to arena level. The Ally Pally and Apollo were much better venues for them. 

14 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Would take O2 over Wembley any day of the week and I live a lot closer to Wembley.

Agree though, it's annoying when bands get to arena level. The Ally Pally and Apollo were much better venues for them. 

Maybe they'd go back to Ally Pally and do a couple of nights there?