The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

On 6/13/2022 at 5:18 PM, banananey said:

Is there anything I can sit on that could fit into a tote bag to carry about during the day?

As nice as they are I don't really want a full-on camping chair so maybe a little stool or some kind of cushion thingy maybe?

Try one of these twist up stools - has long and short strap and is small and light. 3A0A595B-3299-4676-9320-50807C136BCE.thumb.png.0525a168be5d762968f2dbbd1a5f3de3.png

On 6/14/2022 at 12:46 PM, Troy McClure said:

Has anyone ordered this from Next before? I presume it'll be fine but a little nervous about the fact it's over £30 cheaper than direct from Decathlon. Obviously if it's legit then great!

Also, while I'm here, I understand how the 'Black' part of F&B works, but not quite clear on the 'Fresh' part. How does it manage to keep the bedroom of the tent cooler? I've seen images where it seems to open a small amount at the back so just wondering if you're exposed to the elements (& potentially unwanted arms/bugs creeping in) if you want to keep it fresh?

Yes. I bought from Next. Was sent by Decathlon!

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, km9 said:

Super cheap?

Normally the wrong side of £250... So yes.

A Solar power station is a great bit of kit for anybody that camps regularly, it's more than just a 'power bank' as it offers 240v mains power and 12v power for your travel appliances (like coolbox 😉 ) too. And can be connected to a solar panel to keep charged. 

It's probably the cheapest I've ever seen any branded 240v solar power station. I was happy when I found it for £210!!!

Edited by Alvoram
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Normally the wrong side of £250... So yes.

A Solar power station is a great bit of kit for anybody that camps regularly, it's more than just a 'power bank' as it offers 240v mains power and 12v power for your travel appliances (like coolbox 😉 ) too. And can be connected to a solar panel to keep charged. 

It's probably the cheapest I've ever seen any branded 240v solar power station. I was happy when I found it for £210!!!

Sorry didn't mean to question your opinion, was just hoping it would be less than £150. You're right though, 240v is very helpful 

16 minutes ago, km9 said:

Sorry didn't mean to question your opinion, was just hoping it would be less than £150. You're right though, 240v is very helpful 

No worries, and it might well be worth holding out if you can wait until next year, with new brands flooding the market now, and the price of electronic / computer components plummeting, they may start appearing for around that price. 🤞

• 1 month later...

My go to Sealskinz Waterproof Warm Weather Mid Length Socks reduced from £30 down to £15 at Pure Electric

https://www.pureelectric.com/products/sealskinzb-waterproof-warm-weather-mid-length-sock?utm_campaign=order-confirmation-email&utm_medium=email&utm_source=OrderlyEmails&utm_content=product

Canny glitch is that you get free delivery over £20 otherwise £2.99, however if you pay by Paypal Express checkout the site makes no charge for delivery, so £15 delivered for a single pair.

I know @blutarskyand @crazyfool1are fans of these so may be of interest.

Edited by Copperface
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Copperface said:

My go to Sealskinz Waterproof Warm Weather Mid Length Socks reduced from £30 down to £15 at Pure Electric

https://www.pureelectric.com/products/sealskinzb-waterproof-warm-weather-mid-length-sock?utm_campaign=order-confirmation-email&utm_medium=email&utm_source=OrderlyEmails&utm_content=product

Canny glitch is that you get free delivery over £20 otherwise £2.99, however if you pay by Paypal Express checkout the site makes no charge for delivery, so £15 delivered for a single pair.

Yep thoroughly recommend them and that price is the best I’ve seen … I’ve 2 pairs now brought a spare for this years fest and didn’t need them … one pair is sufficient really 🙂 

20 hours ago, Copperface said:

Purchase made, cheers! Only one pair left in 9-11 if anyone else is interested. 

On 8/24/2022 at 11:08 AM, Copperface said:

Treated myself to a pair, cheers! Got TopCashback as well 😉

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Get yourself to a blacks about now for all your cut price rucksack needs.

Blacks, Go Outdoors and another one too are all the same company (part of sports direct). Can get a 15% discount on them as well, if anyone needs just ping me a message

Bought this in the run-up to this year's fest and really happy with it, having only used airbeds previously. Pretty thick and warm, and a lot cheaper than most SIMs. I slept like a log every night! Slightly bulky but not super heavy, I just strapped it to the top of my rucksack and didn't begrudge carrying it thanks to the excellent sleep!

https://www.trespass.com/serene-inflatable-camping-mat?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=shopping_feed&utm_content=free_google_shopping_clicks&gclid=CjwKCAiA68ebBhB-EiwALVC-NrGtL_H_XXBIttbW-cR57dumdYHIr_WGRyTe_BtUwVx4dSVK8EkPwhoClGkQAvD_BwE#color_code=Navy&size_legacy=EACH

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, The Other Steve said:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/aukey.com

I'd just avoid all random brand power banks honestly, so many of them lie about what they actually store etc. if you do go for one make sure its off a friend's recommendation, not off amazon's special offers section etc