The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

16 hours ago, cheesey_toastie said:

We still take the p*** out of our friend who arrived at 1am in the ratting down rain with too much stuff in too many Ikea bags. 

He turned up at the wrong gate. His stuff was all soaked and our hands were all tore apart. Get a good rucksack!

Its good for light stuff like food / sleeping bag / pillow / roll mat that won't fit in the main rucksack. Just nice to split the load a bit, obviously not filling it with crates (again at least, made that mistake before!)

I know it was posted above about the Vango tent but just had an email from Go Outdoors. Extra 15% off everything until the 19th. Code 15APR22.  Thought would repost as it was off everything. 

Edited by dondo

8 minutes ago, myusernameishere said:

Folding Stool Portable Telescoping Seat Camping Retractable Adjustable Outdoor | eBay

got one of these the other day and they are really good. really sturdy

better that those bulky fold out camping chairs 

I actually really like that, and the weight limit is 130kgs so I can just about get my fat arse on it. Like you said much easier than the chairs

23 minutes ago, myusernameishere said:

Folding Stool Portable Telescoping Seat Camping Retractable Adjustable Outdoor | eBay

Nice idea but are they any more comfortable than sitting on the floor? I'm thinking at my advanced age I need some back support like!

1 hour ago, zico martin said:

Nice idea but are they any more comfortable than sitting on the floor? I'm thinking at my advanced age I need some back support like!

I've got two of these from the efests camping shop (not sure if that's still up?) and they've been to every festival from 2016 onwards. They are tiny, but they fit our 50 something bottoms and keep you off the floor, which was vital that first year for mud and last year with dust etc, also means they're very light and easy to carry slung over a shoulder. 

https://www.outdoorclothing.co.uk/equipment-c153/camping-c237/furniture-c167/balmoral-aluminium-stool-p14448/

3 hours ago, zico martin said:

You want one of these! You can lean back into them, absolute bliss! Flexible enough to fit into a day backpack! The sort of bend in the middle enough to stuff the in. Or they are really light and you can just carry them. You can get them cheaper than this link on ebay, just using for ref!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Highlander-Folding-Outdoor-Sit-Mat/dp/B07MQV1JRG/ref=mp_s_a_1_17?crid=PUNPWB9E4MCZ&keywords=floor%2Bseat&pscroll=1&qid=1650046167&sprefix=floor%2Bseat%2Caps%2C108&sr=8-17&wIndexMainSlot=25&th=1&psc=1

7 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

You want one of these! You can lean back into them, absolute bliss! Flexible enough to fit into a day backpack! The sort of bend in the middle enough to stuff the in. Or they are really light and you can just carry them. You can get them cheaper than this link on ebay, just using for ref!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Highlander-Folding-Outdoor-Sit-Mat/dp/B07MQV1JRG/ref=mp_s_a_1_17?crid=PUNPWB9E4MCZ&keywords=floor%2Bseat&pscroll=1&qid=1650046167&sprefix=floor%2Bseat%2Caps%2C108&sr=8-17&wIndexMainSlot=25&th=1&psc=1

Saw a few of these at beautiful days and my wife was sold. I wasn't convinced but perhaps the proof of the pudding and all that though eh?

Tesco seem to have released this year's camping range. Nothing particularly leapt out at me as great value (perhaps the sleeping bags, with a clubcard discount?), but they also had what I assume were last year's tents with big reductions. They had a 2-person two layer tent for just £10. I assume they aren't great (Team F&B!), but I doubt you'd find anything better for less.

On 4/15/2022 at 3:06 PM, myusernameishere said:

I was at the football last weekend and noticed lots of the press photographers had these, I was wondering where you could get them from. 

2 hours ago, NickM45 said:

Don hardware does these for about £70 - look so fun but bet it would absolutely stink come Monday!

2 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

has also been nibbled by squirrels

Wasn’t me. 

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15979411/eurohike-nepal-85-rucksack-15979411

My new rucksack linked above. Eurohike Nepal 85L. They need to put me on commission. 

Edited by squirrelarmy
  • Upvote 1