Jump to content
lazzareo

The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

WTF is that!

Looks like some kind of waterboarding torture aid!

Which website did you order it from exactly? 

? ?

It felt like it :) ... was decathlon ... I’ve since seen some recommendations on there :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, tjamest said:

I bought and used it at home for a few days as an extra bed along with https://www.thermarest.com/ie/neoair-voyager and found it amazingly comfy, although nearly fell off it a couple of times. 

Struggled to use it in my tent though as i hadn't thought about my pop up tent only being just over a metre high and once perched on top of this i was near enough scraping the top of the tent with my nose.

 

That looks realistic ... fortunately have a taller tent ... thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

That looks realistic ... fortunately have a taller tent ... thanks 

I have one of these and it is phenomenally comfortable to sleep on with my 10 cm Airgo sim. Also useful to store stuff inside when camping. Use it at home as spare guest bed for adult son - he love it too. Also makes satisfying noise when deflating :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

I have one of these and it is phenomenally comfortable to sleep on with my 10 cm Airgo sim. Also useful to store stuff inside when camping. Use it at home as spare guest bed for adult son - he love it too. Also makes satisfying noise when deflating :) 

Thanks .... its too solid to slip between the gaps when inflated  I presume ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Also makes satisfying noise when deflating :) 

Frightened the life out of me first time as it deflated almost instantaneously with a loud pop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to go hunting for this thread!

Having secure tickets I've been politely asked (firmly told) by the other half about getting a new tent for 2020. My current tent has seen me through all 5 of my previous Glastonbury's so will be sad to see it go but to be fair it has seen better days.

Thought I'd ask now in case anyone has seen some winter deals or anything of the like? Ideally looking for a 3-4 man big enough to store our stuff and (ideally) can be stood up in. We may also have a 3rd person sharing with us. Here is one I was looking at but open to suggestions.

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15903010/freedomtrail-sendero-4-family-tent-15903010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks fine, and is very similar to (but 1kg lighter) this Quechua 4 man which every other camper seemed to have this year! The Quechua is also £10 cheaper!

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-41-tent-id_8378237.html 

35 - Hiking - ARPENAZ 4.1 Tent QUECHUA

Edited by midlifecrisis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

That looks fine, and is very similar to (but 1kg lighter) than this Quechua 4 man which every other camper seemed to have this year! The Quechua is also £10 cheaper!

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-41-tent-id_8378237.html 

Thanks.

I've been using this for the last 5 festivals and trust me it is everywhere

Tent.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

Thanks.

I've been using this for the last 5 festivals and trust me it is everywhere

Tent.jpg

To be fair the Quechua might be a bit tight to share with a 3rd person due to  it's configuration, unless you know them very well! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Thanks.

I've been using this for the last 5 festivals and trust me it is everywhere

Tent.jpg

This is also the same as my hotel for the festival, proudly pitched at the top of Michaels Mead for the last 6 festivals.  It's still going strong and will be there in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Thanks.

I've been using this for the last 5 festivals and trust me it is everywhere

Tent.jpg

We were surrounded by these this year was a really good way of finding our tent.  

The boyfriend wants a blackout one after the heat this year any recommendations welcome! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AmazingAbby said:

We were surrounded by these this year was a really good way of finding our tent.  

The boyfriend wants a blackout one after the heat this year any recommendations welcome! 

I got one of the Quechua’s last year from decathlon.

really good, very dark and stayed cool up until mid morning so much better sleeping.

Apart from the Saturday but I don’t think any amount of blackout could have protected you from that heat 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Had to go hunting for this thread!

Having secure tickets I've been politely asked (firmly told) by the other half about getting a new tent for 2020. My current tent has seen me through all 5 of my previous Glastonbury's so will be sad to see it go but to be fair it has seen better days.

Thought I'd ask now in case anyone has seen some winter deals or anything of the like? Ideally looking for a 3-4 man big enough to store our stuff and (ideally) can be stood up in. We may also have a 3rd person sharing with us. Here is one I was looking at but open to suggestions.

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15903010/freedomtrail-sendero-4-family-tent-15903010

I got this for myself this year: https://www.sportsdirect.com/gelert-chinook-4-tent-93-783094#colcode=78309402

Was v. happy with it at that price. Good weight considering you can practically stand in it. Plenty of room for 2 but 3 with all your gear might be getting a little cosy.

Edited by cerv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Had to go hunting for this thread!

Having secure tickets I've been politely asked (firmly told) by the other half about getting a new tent for 2020. My current tent has seen me through all 5 of my previous Glastonbury's so will be sad to see it go but to be fair it has seen better days.

Thought I'd ask now in case anyone has seen some winter deals or anything of the like? Ideally looking for a 3-4 man big enough to store our stuff and (ideally) can be stood up in. We may also have a 3rd person sharing with us. Here is one I was looking at but open to suggestions.

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15903010/freedomtrail-sendero-4-family-tent-15903010

I’ve been using one of these for myself. Shared it with my son once and was fine but three would be a squeeze. Seen me well for eight festivals over three years. Would highly recommend getting the canopy that goes with it. Great for shelter from sun/rain and good for cooking breakfast under. Mines on the left with the canopy and my friends on right without  

0DD8304A-B076-4392-9580-3BDB31BA9A78.jpeg

Edited by SighMo
Typo
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AmazingAbby said:

We were surrounded by these this year was a really good way of finding our tent.  

The boyfriend wants a blackout one after the heat this year any recommendations welcome! 

Definitely recommend a Quechua Fresh and Black tent, I got mine the Arpenaz 3 for Glasto 2017 and it was more than fine, took it to Sziget this year, 7 days of heat well into the 30's and it was perfect for the conditions. Managed to get lots of rest even managing to sleep in till 11 on some mornings without it being too hot. At no point did it feel uncomfortable. Think there's a dedicated thread for those tents on here somewhere. Only negative for that tent is the lack of porch area but it's not going to be muddy this year so don't need that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

I’d say it’s excessive for two people but also a severe lack of privacy for anything more than a couple. The large tents with multiple rooms are better for groups rather than all being in one space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve been looking at this, agreed to sell my current tent to one of our group because we need a bigger tent for meself and Mrs Kid. I’m 6ft 5’ and need something that I can preferably stand up in, anyone used one before? 

 

https://www.millets.co.uk/tents-camping/108114-eurohike-rydal-500-5-person-tent.html/1382974/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping&istCompanyId=b238823a-59fd-4816-9c36-7dd47877f2a8&istFeedId=e4ff9138-23c5-4427-aa0b-cc0475742ae6&istItemId=wmpmttxrx&istBid=tztx&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj_aWvq-N5QIV2eJ3Ch3dUgYBEAQYASABEgL6cfD_BwE

 

 

287F0881-981C-4108-9B6B-F285ED487485.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Had to go hunting for this thread!

Having secure tickets I've been politely asked (firmly told) by the other half about getting a new tent for 2020. My current tent has seen me through all 5 of my previous Glastonbury's so will be sad to see it go but to be fair it has seen better days.

Thought I'd ask now in case anyone has seen some winter deals or anything of the like? Ideally looking for a 3-4 man big enough to store our stuff and (ideally) can be stood up in. We may also have a 3rd person sharing with us. Here is one I was looking at but open to suggestions.

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15903010/freedomtrail-sendero-4-family-tent-15903010

I’ve got this tent, it’s a great size, easy to put up and not too heavy, also has a sewn in groundsheet which is excellent in rubbish weather and keeps the creepy crawlies out, would definitely recommend it. 

Charm x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, lukethekid said:

We’ve been looking at this, agreed to sell my current tent to one of our group because we need a bigger tent for meself and Mrs Kid. I’m 6ft 5’ and need something that I can preferably stand up in, anyone used one before? 

 

https://www.millets.co.uk/tents-camping/108114-eurohike-rydal-500-5-person-tent.html/1382974/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping&istCompanyId=b238823a-59fd-4816-9c36-7dd47877f2a8&istFeedId=e4ff9138-23c5-4427-aa0b-cc0475742ae6&istItemId=wmpmttxrx&istBid=tztx&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj_aWvq-N5QIV2eJ3Ch3dUgYBEAQYASABEgL6cfD_BwE

 

 

287F0881-981C-4108-9B6B-F285ED487485.jpeg

My friend brought this to Glasto this year. It’s a great tent. LOADS of room in the front part and the sleeping compartment will comfortably fit 3 of you. I did consider this tent but not sure I can justify the price/size when it’s just 2 of us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Charm said:

I’ve got this tent, it’s a great size, easy to put up and not too heavy, also has a sewn in groundsheet which is excellent in rubbish weather and keeps the creepy crawlies out, would definitely recommend it. 

Charm x

Ah a sown in ground sheet sounds like a dream, thanks. I think we’ll probably go for it. The closest store to me that has it in stock at the moment is Taunton so I’ll probably have to wait until next year for it to come back in. I’m assuming they don’t order a massive amount over winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...