The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

9 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Yeah this is it - I’ll only be using them for this weekend really. Maybe the odd walk up PenYFan but don’t think I need anything too expensive. Any idea which may be best?

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15902031/hi-tec-aysgarth-ii-mid-wp-men-s-walking-boot-15902031

https://www.sportsdirect.com/gelert-horizon-waterproof-mid-mens-walking-boots-182772

Depends on your feet. The only way to find out which is best for you is to try both on and see which are most comfortable for you.  

If you cant do that then I’d go for the Gelert as they’re based in Gogland.

10 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

You are obviously not a Tory member of the House of Lords or an ex pupil of Eton 

Or possibly someone who's just a tad perverted that way. Poo curious, if you like. 

I once heard Noddy Holder give an interview, when he said that when he was in Berlin, and needed cash, that he used to go to this bloke's flat and agree to shit on the blokes see through glass table. while the bloke lay underneath the table watching upwards. 

Anyway, before I lose all my marbles completely, I must add that in no way am I suggesting that lukethekid is such a person. I'm just trying to indicate that there would be people out there that would fall in to this group. In fact, if I don't get a hold of some money soon, I might be joining that group myself. That's got to beat a 9 to 5 job, any day of the week. I'm really unsure on the job satisfaction front, but bet it's a right earner. 

While in this general area of things,  has it not crossed your mind to get your own very gimp? It's crossed mine. You could just get them to do all your household chores for you, while you shout abuse at them every now and again. And, if they've really pleased you then you can give them a good kick up the arse, because they like that. A lot.

5 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Or possibly someone who's just a tad perverted that way. Poo curious, if you like. 

I once heard Noddy Holder give an interview, when he said that when he was in Berlin, and needed cash, that he used to go to this bloke's flat and agree to shit on the blokes see through glass table. while the bloke lay underneath the table watching upwards. 

Anyway, before I lose all my marbles completely, I must add that in no way am I suggesting that lukethekid is such a person. I'm just trying to indicate that there would be people out there that would fall in to this group. In fact, if I don't get a hold of some money soon, I might be joining that group myself. That's got to beat a 9 to 5 job, any day of the week. I'm really unsure on the job satisfaction front, but bet it's a right earner. 

While in this general area of things,  has it not crossed your mind to get your own very gimp? It's crossed mine. You could just get them to do all your household chores for you, while you shout abuse at them every now and again. And, if they've really pleased you then you can give them a good kick up the arse, because they like that. A lot.

Noddy holder did that!

My oh My! 

11 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Can someone please erase the above from my mind. 

I'd love to help out, I really would. The problem WE have there, as I see it. is that, yes I can erase that for you, but might have to do so by wiping it clean via the process of providing further data which will be recorded over the original, but may be a little more harrowing. 

Talking of harrowing - I've got a mate who gets his prescription drugs off a junkie, who get's given them to save his life. Anyway, to cut a long story short, this young lad ends up in hospital every now and again. In the hospital they have to do something odd, which involves them telling him that he is going to be injected with a fluid shortly, and the very first thing that he will feel within his conscious, is an impending sense of doom. Fuck me stupid, how fucking scary must that be to have to go through? 

Just snapped up this Osprey Farpoint 70 Rucksack: https://www.wiggle.co.uk/osprey-farpoint-70-rucksack

Kind of a lot of money for a backpack but it will last forever and I like the look of it from this video: 

The price is lower than the lowest it's been on Amazon (£92 according to ccc) at £87.50 with code NEWGB, valid until Dec 22nd.

Edited by e9t3

1 hour ago, prestonmike said:

Just ordered this power bank, not sure how good it'll be but looks decent for the price

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TLTP982/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

looks like a beast that one :) you could power a small fridge to keep your insulin chilled :) 

Slightly disappointed the tent I want from Go Outdoors wasn’t discounted on Black Friday but to be fair it’s already down to £90 with a discount/membership card.

On that note does anyone know if it’s just a case of signing up in store for one of those or do you need to pay/apply in advance for one?

Edited by DareToDibble

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Slightly disappointed the tent I want from Go Outdoors wasn’t discounted on Black Friday but to be fair it’s already down to £90 with a discount/membership card.

On that note does anyone know if it’s just a case of signing up in store for one of those or do you need to pay/apply in advance for one?

you can just signup as you go to do the tills to do the purchase ...thats what ive done in the past ... also worth looking at online prices ... they will beat any price you find by 10 % ... details on website I think 

Edited by crazyfool1

We took delivery of a fantastically looking Sack Trolley yesterday, after someone’s suggestion on here (can’t remember who, sorry if you’re reading, thank you for the suggestion it looks amazing). Anyway after some looking round on Black Friday, there didn’t seem to be any real deals there was a couple of websites offering 10% off but you then had to pay through the nose for delivery, if you bought from the source it was initially cheaper (before the 10% off from the other suppliers), and the delivery was free. It’s got the wheels of a monster truck and can fold down to put in the car or coach. Here’s a pic and a link if anyone wants to purchase one. 

https://www.cobragarden.co.uk/ST150_Sack_Trolley.html

027D8436-092E-4BCF-89AF-36FEF92ACEC3.jpeg

Edited by lukethekid

On 12/3/2019 at 1:47 PM, lukethekid said:

We took delivery of a fantastically looking Sack Trolley yesterday, after someone’s suggestion on here (can’t remember who, sorry if you’re reading, thank you for the suggestion it looks amazing). Anyway after some looking round on Black Friday, there didn’t seem to be any real deals there was a couple of websites offering 10% off but you then had to pay through the nose for delivery, if you bought from the source it was initially cheaper (before the 10% off from the other suppliers), and the delivery was free. It’s got the wheels of a monster truck and can fold down to put in the car or coach. Here’s a pic and a link if anyone wants to purchase one. 

https://www.cobragarden.co.uk/ST150_Sack_Trolley.html

027D8436-092E-4BCF-89AF-36FEF92ACEC3.jpeg

I don't want to piss on your parade, but I had one of them, and it only lasted one Glastonbury. It got all of my stuff in to the festival, and all of my stuff out of the festival, but (and I'm not joking here) on the way out of the festival, it got to about 6 foot from the boot of my car, and then just collapsed - a shadow of it's former self!  It's the pins holding the wheels on you see - over rough terrain, they bend and buckle and eventually fail. I would certainly buy some additional pins to take along with you. i can't recall what they are called, but believe that you can get them in proper plumbers merchants. Better to make that effort than for it to fail not 6 foot away from your car's boot.

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I don't want to piss on your parade, but I had one of them, and it only lasted one Glastonbury. It got all of my stuff in to the festival, and all of my stuff out of the festival, but (and I'm not joking here) on the way out of the festival, it got to about 6 foot from the boot of my car, and then just collapsed - a shadow of it's former self!  It's the pins holding the wheels on you see - over rough terrain, they bend and buckle and eventually fail. I would certainly buy some additional pins to take along with you. i can't recall what they are called, but believe that you can get them in proper plumbers merchants. Better to make that effort than for it to fail not 6 foot away from your car's boot.

Don’t even be telling me that, how much weight did you have on it? It says it can take 150kg, don’t think we’ll have anywhere near that on it, it’s mainly for the Tent, Air bed and a bit of booze, 50 kg max.

36 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

The other issue with that type of trolley is that the grass and clumps of mud get stuck around the wheel/axel bit and the wheel stops turning. 

Hopefully its dry though and we won’t see you on the Boulevard of broken trolleys!

Wasn’t gonna pay through the nose for a big 4 wheeled fishing trolley, I’ve never used a trolley before just usually carried everything on my back but bought a new tent as for the first time I’ll be sharing with my other half and it’s arrived and just by far too heavy to carry. The wheels on it are massive, so I’m hoping that the actual tyres will hold up well, it’s now just in hope that they don’t bloody buckle.