The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

Decided this year to swop to a self inflating mat - bought this one with 15% off, it’s 10 cm and seems comfy. Hoping to use as a spare mattress for kids afterwards.  Now the question is - do I need a camping bed to keep it off the floor? I’m staying at worthy view so weight is less of an issue. TIA

https://m.gooutdoors.co.uk/airgo-cirro-single-dlx-sim-p429412

Edited by Wherethewildthingsare
Added link

On 4/1/2019 at 10:42 AM, daclown28 said:

Lidl have self inflating camping Matt's and a few other bits in from next week.

15541116319866110205983640923747.jpg

Just picked a couple of these camping mats and they seem pretty decent! Quite thick for the cash too, around 5cm. Thanks for the heads up! 

Edited by StLewi

I've swapped out my past-it backpack for a Kit Bag style one this year. Because we're not hiking with the things, I think the ability to open it up like a holdall would be beneficial. I got this recently, but was on sale at the time to around £50...

https://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/p/rab-kit-bag-ii-80l-E2314459.html?colour=123

Screenshot 2019-04-09 at 16.07.52.png

I spotted they were selling >these< hats with built-in rechargeable LED lights at my local 'Buyology' discount store.  (I think they were cheaper than the linked eBay ones, but regardless they're still cheap, they work well and the quality seems okay.)  It's often freezing cold in the early hours, especially during a hot Glastonbury, so I reckon you might be wearing it when you get back to your tent and are scrabbling around in your rucksack for your toothbrush or whatever.

Boys and Girls you'll have to find something new to clean yourself with now.. No more wet wipes..... 

About the only new thing I look for for is new socks.. Lol.. No offence but I wouldn't dream of taking a 50 quid bag.... But if you can afford to lose it then fair play.... 

1st rule of any festival never take anything you can't afford to lose... 

Nice rucksack tho 

17 hours ago, Hawros said:

I've swapped out my past-it backpack for a Kit Bag style one this year. Because we're not hiking with the things, I think the ability to open it up like a holdall would be beneficial. I got this recently, but was on sale at the time to around £50...

https://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/p/rab-kit-bag-ii-80l-E2314459.html?colour=123

"I've spotted something that once was nearly a bargain"... ;)

13 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Boys and Girls you'll have to find something new to clean yourself with now.. No more wet wipes..... 

About the only new thing I look for for is new socks.. Lol.. No offence but I wouldn't dream of taking a 50 quid bag.... But if you can afford to lose it then fair play.... 

1st rule of any festival never take anything you can't afford to lose... 

Nice rucksack tho 

Generally I agree - but the last thing I expect to lose is the actual bag.... various contents yes but not the bag.

The very good point you make is the wet wipes.... I have been pondering this as I point blank refuse to go and shower.  How to maintain the minimal semblance of cleanliness without resorting to a wet wipe 'tent shower'... any advice welcome (or is there a more appropriate thread I should be posing this question?).

By the way, Millets has an extra 20% off 'tents and camping' at the moment