The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

4 minutes ago, amyg1990 said:

@Kalopsia My other half bought these a few months ago https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/hit780/hi~tec-penrith-mid-waterpoof-trail-walking-boots-~-ss19/, v cheap and he swears they're waterproof, really comfy as well, he's chuffed!  I use this website a lot and as well and recommend them! 

Cracking thank you! 

Unfortunately im really struggling with my back this year, im only 24! Absolute nightmare for me to be standing all day currently. I really need a portable chair I can basically sling under my arm and take to the main stages and probably south east corner. 

Ive seen a few but they look like bloody toadstools, feel like ill just be constantly wobbling off. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any other bad back-ers out there have tips? Id really appreciate it as its making me extremely anxious currently.

3 minutes ago, buffy394 said:

Unfortunately im really struggling with my back this year, im only 24! Absolute nightmare for me to be standing all day currently. I really need a portable chair I can basically sling under my arm and take to the main stages and probably south east corner. 

Ive seen a few but they look like bloody toadstools, feel like ill just be constantly wobbling off. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any other bad back-ers out there have tips? Id really appreciate it as its making me extremely anxious currently.

A bit of a w*nky suggestion but I would recommend doing some pilates between now and G. I have upped my pilates and yoga classes to 3  a week to cope with the strain that litterpicking puts on my back. Do go along to see one of the therapists in the green fields if it gets too much as well.

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

Recommendations for sensibly priced battery powered fairy lights (or similar) for a kids buggy please.

Thanks in advance!

just bought these and they work a treat. had them turned on constantly for the last 5 days on the same set of batteries and don't show nay sign of fading yet

link

Edited by Bennykill

Just now, buffy394 said:

The (relatively) new type of lightweight / compact chairs are actually a lot more solid than they look. The main issues with them are that they take a minute or two to assemble / disassemble every time you move somewhere, and that the feet are pretty small so can dig into ground especially if it's soft underfoot.

You can get them in various sizes from different manufacturers, including ones like this with a bit more height and support.

https://www.vango.co.uk/gb/furniture/299-micro-steel-tall-chair.html

But I'd definitely say go sit in one before purchasing - if you've got a decent sized camping shop near you then they may well have some on display.

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

Recommendations for sensibly priced battery powered fairy lights (or similar) for a kids buggy please.

Thanks in advance!

maybe try el wire ... would look pretty cool ... a tron kids buggy ... elwirecraft.co.uk or amazon :) 

3 minutes ago, Bennykill said:

just bought these and they work a treat. had them turned on constantly for the last 5 days on the same set of batteries and don't show nay sign of fading yet

link

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

maybe try el wire ... would look pretty cool ... a tron kids buggy ... elwirecraft.co.uk or amazon :) 

Thanks guys; appreciated.

I'm now spoilt for choice! :) 

6 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

A bit of a w*nky suggestion but I would recommend doing some pilates between now and G. I have upped my pilates and yoga classes to 3  a week to cope with the strain that litterpicking puts on my back. Do go along to see one of the therapists in the green fields if it gets too much as well.

Unfortunately its most likely Crohns related (just waiting for my results ergh) so pilates has not really helped! However I had no idea there were therapists in the Green Fields so thank you for the suggestion :) 

3 minutes ago, incident said:

The (relatively) new type of lightweight / compact chairs are actually a lot more solid than they look. The main issues with them are that they take a minute or two to assemble / disassemble every time you move somewhere, and that the feet are pretty small so can dig into ground especially if it's soft underfoot.

You can get them in various sizes from different manufacturers, including ones like this with a bit more height and support.

https://www.vango.co.uk/gb/furniture/299-micro-steel-tall-chair.html

But I'd definitely say go sit in one before purchasing - if you've got a decent sized camping shop near you then they may well have some on display.

This looks great - I dont want to be that guy who holds the whole group up unpacking and repacking, but tbh for the extra back support I may have to be haha

6 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Thanks guys; appreciated.

I'm now spoilt for choice! :) 

if I had kids id love to pimp a buggy ... bit of an expense to have the kids just to pimp the buggy though .... el wire will look great though ... photos if possible when you've done it :) 

38 minutes ago, buffy394 said:

Unfortunately im really struggling with my back this year, im only 24!

The tripod ones are better than nothing but they are quite far from a comfortable sit down.  

31 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

A bit of a w*nky suggestion but I would recommend doing some pilates between now and G

I 100% agree.  Spending a bit of time strengthening your core now will pay dividends later.  Even if you can't get to a gym / class, there's plenty of exercises that can help.

I've always struggled with my lower back at festivals but I found that the pain actually stemmed from my hips tilting causing all sorts of imbalances and weaknesses. Especially at such a young age for back pain, there's usually a cause behind it. Fortunately there's enough time before G to start building strength in your core/back.

EDIT:  Just seen your post.  I'm afraid I don't know enough about Crohns to make any exercise suggestions

While you're at the fest, there's some stretches and exercises that you can do to keep things loose and there's places in the green fields you can get a massage should you want to treat yourself.

Edited by Kinkyinuit

51 minutes ago, buffy394 said:

This looks great - I dont want to be that guy who holds the whole group up unpacking and repacking, but tbh for the extra back support I may have to be haha

Once you get the hang of them, it's pretty quick - we raced each other and it was a draw on packing away a conventional chair v. these magic aluminium things.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bennykill said:

link

these look ace! may i ask which brand of batteries you used to get that much life out of them?

2 minutes ago, amyg1990 said:

these look ace! may i ask which brand of batteries you used to get that much life out of them?

I have the multi coloured 10m set of lights that uses 3AA batteries and I use the batteries I buy from 7 day shop (cheap but reliable)
https://www.7dayshop.com/products/7dayshop-aa-lr6-high-power-alkaline-batteries-mega-value-40-pack-7dayaa40

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I've always struggled with my lower back at festivals but I found that the pain actually stemmed from my hips tilting causing all sorts of imbalances and weaknesses. Especially at such a young age for back pain, there's usually a cause behind it. Fortunately there's enough time before G to start building strength in your core/back.

I have awful back problems, and that killer walk from the car parks is murder! There’s a stand in the markets that has inversion tables, in 2017 on the Thursday morning I went there, hung upside down for 20 minutes, then went for a Bloody Mary feeling 2 inches taller, best tenner I spent all weekend! 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bennykill said:

I have the multi coloured 10m set of lights that uses 3AA batteries and I use the batteries I buy from 7 day shop (cheap but reliable)
https://www.7dayshop.com/products/7dayshop-aa-lr6-high-power-alkaline-batteries-mega-value-40-pack-7dayaa40

thank you!

44 minutes ago, LadyP said:

I have awful back problems, and that killer walk from the car parks is murder! There’s a stand in the markets that has inversion tables, in 2017 on the Thursday morning I went there, hung upside down for 20 minutes, then went for a Bloody Mary feeling 2 inches taller, best tenner I spent all weekend! 

Well that's my thursday morning sorted!  Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Just been to The Range. 

All sorts of camping paraphernalia in there, cheap as chips.

I treated myself to a spork for £1.50. 

EC0347C8-96B9-456B-A03E-E12D6F8A0859.jpeg

C5379910-D283-4F84-9F16-C96327E1F643.jpeg

287BAFFF-BE83-4573-BCE1-03E7D8CDDF6F.jpeg

986A28A4-08D0-4BE9-9643-AF529CC5F19D.jpeg

7C656A92-3C0E-4831-A9E5-EBECB74E6383.jpeg

AAC17F9C-D14D-4C61-B6E0-A276EEF88D54.jpeg

5D740403-82E9-44D4-AB0C-05E4CF8D2AAF.jpeg

8C15FE18-B017-45EA-9DDF-326AF9F4C5D8.jpeg

What is this magical place you speak of?

And you were seen off Woffy, it says they’re £1 in that photo!