Crazyfool01

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Anyone else remember that late night venue right next to the Pyramid on the left hand side? Completely forgotten what it's called but vaguely remember hearing about Keith Allan playing there at some ungodly hour? 

Spiral something ? All tipi's and blue lights ? 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

it also seemed to be more prevalent back in the day when the sun came out from behind the clouds ... maybe my hearing was better back then though :)

I have just seen it mentioned in another thread though, so maybe it does still happen!

12 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

lots of little pockets of action around the site after headliners rather than all concentrated on the S.E corner

lots of really fucked up people rather than just posh students on mandy 

I'm going to call bullshit on both of these. Silver Hayes and The Glade both finish hours after the headliners. The markets may have stopped, but there is loads going on outside the SE corner compared to the past. Proportionally, I'll grant you that most of the action is there, but that's only because of an increase in the SE corner, not because stuff has been taken away. I'm really curious of when you're thinking of, since Shangri-la started in 2008 and The Park, home of all manner of late night action. Is 2007 the golden age?

As for just posh students on Mandy having replaced all the fucked up people, you're clearly not looking hard enough.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

1 I think :)

Went in once - about 10 of us in there. And as Mr Hats said, it made me smile every time I walked past.

Actually, just had a look at their website - capacity 14. Record was 26 "although not all of them could touch the floor at the same time".

1 minute ago, Fishman said:

Went in once - about 10 of us in there. And as Mr Hats said, it made me smile every time I walked past.

Actually, just had a look at their website - capacity 14. Record was 26 "although not all of them could touch the floor at the same time".

I must be thinking of somewhere else ... I'm sure I have a photo ... will try and dig it out I'm intrigued now :)

1 hour ago, Miesh said:

I'd forgotten about the old cinema field, we camped within earshot of it in 2002.

I miss raving round a market stall in the early morning and the large bottles of brothers.  Also the ladies in long skirts with baskets of hash balls....sitting on the grass with blokes walking past selling cold beer.

I have not been to a sunrise at the stone circle since 2007, I gather that it's not like it used to be - chilled out with people drumming / playing guitars.  I'm going to go this year though, for old times sake if nothing else.  As I've just said in the charity bin thread, 10 years since I was proposed to there.

I came a cross a lady in a long free selling hash balls in the Greenoeace field last year on the Wednesday night, they were delicious ...

2 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

I came a cross a lady in a long free selling hash balls in the Greenoeace field last year on the Wednesday night, they were delicious ...

Oh wow, thanks for posting this.  Really thought they were a thing of the past.

I shall be on the look out this year B)

1 minute ago, Miesh said:

Oh wow, thanks for posting this.  Really thought they were a thing of the past.

I shall be on the look out this year B)

No worries, I'm not sure if she was a one off but I think it was something like three for a fiver? They were delicious though, made with figs and nuts!

Slippery Dicks Love Shack - off the railway track with the crazy high bar Mrs P couldn't see over

Late night dance parties outside the Wine Bars

Haze and choking fumes from burning rubbish on the Pyramid field

Indian place next to Oxlyers bridge that did massive samosas for a quid each

Drummers at the stones

Naked people at the stones

4 hours ago, OffshoreToon said:

Is there nothing at all after 6am these days? I've spent quite a few nights walking around the site in hope of something, so I suppose it'd be good to know for certain.

I'm not sure I'm in bed at that time these days. I'm sure their are a few places playing music but nothing like the levels Energy 24 were pushing out.

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

The G Stage was fantastic, such a great soundsystem. The best thing that has ever been in the dance village. Andy C headlined Friday in 2007 and it's still one of the best things I've ever seen there. 

Amen to that. My feet had sank that far into the mud I resorted to 2 steppin inside my wellies. If anyone has a download if that set I'd be truly greatful. The only thing I've been able to find is a few short clips on YouTube.

Edited by Chipbarm

10 minutes ago, Chipbarm said:

Amen to that. My feet had sank that far into the mud I resorted to 2 steppin inside my wellies. If anyone has a download if that set I'd be truly greatful. The only thing I've been able to find is a few short clips on YouTube.

Yeah moving the feet was a no go so dancing was mostly upper body! Mud and water pouring into my wellies and I was soaking wet but that set that was so so good. 

If you ever find a recording then let me know because I'd love to have that. 

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm going to call bullshit on both of these. Silver Hayes and The Glade both finish hours after the headliners. The markets may have stopped, but there is loads going on outside the SE corner compared to the past. Proportionally, I'll grant you that most of the action is there, but that's only because of an increase in the SE corner, not because stuff has been taken away. I'm really curious of when you're thinking of, since Shangri-la started in 2008 and The Park, home of all manner of late night action. Is 2007 the golden age?

As for just posh students on Mandy having replaced all the fucked up people, you're clearly not looking hard enough.

Indeed.

Crows Nest goes on past 1:30am every night.

IMG_20170501_195701.jpg

3 hours ago, Franky said:

Spiral something ? All tipi's and blue lights ? 

Think that might be it. I'll try and find a clip of Keef playing there. Hopefully it'll jog someones memory.

EDIT: It was where the Energy 24 stage used to be if that helps. 

Edited by BlackHole2006