Crazyfool01

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Fireworks fuckin everywhere (yes I know it was dangerous). Stone Circle drummers, fire perfromers and dancers.

Whilst we're on the subject of dangerous stuff I miss, I miss Chinese lanterns. Especially when I had no idea of the problems with them. For non-cow killing reasons I don't want them back, but they were so, so, beautiful.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Whilst we're on the subject of dangerous stuff I miss, I miss Chinese lanterns. Especially when I had no idea of the problems with them. For non-cow killing reasons I don't want them back, but they were so, so, beautiful.

Before the lanterns there were the baloons with sparklers attached. There were also ones launched with glowsticks in 'em.

52 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

The Banyan Tree, which used to be where fluffy rock cafe is now. Seem to remember they were doing some constant jam thing in 2003 from opening day to the end of the festival, with anyone being welcome to take part in- there was some amazing stuff .

It alternated a bit between open mic (during the day), to the jam thing (evenings/night).

They used to proudly boast that they were the first to open and last to close - advertising themselves as running 24/7 from 10am Wednesday to 10am Monday.

Unfortunately they got shut down for ignoring volume limits sometime during the 2007 Festival, and haven't been back since.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

For those that enjoyed the minuscule of sound erm how and why did you like a venue that only you could get into ?

I liked the idea of it. I never went in. Only saw it a couple of times, but knowing there was a club somewhere at the festival that only held 2 (3? 1?) people made me exceedingly happy. Just thinking about it made me grin.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I liked the idea of it. I never went in. Only saw it a couple of times, but knowing there was a club somewhere at the festival that only held 2 (3? 1?) people made me exceedingly happy. Just thinking about it made me grin.

1 I think :)

I miss the old cinema field. was great to wander up after the stages closed and watch films till the sun came up.

The always amusing "i'm spartacus" banter when some worse for wear festivaler was trying to find 'Dave' never got old.

I remember watching 'XXX' of all things and during the part where Vin Diesel is trapped in an avalanche, the moment he poked his hand out, someone shouted "HE'S ALIVE!"  and we all went wild.

The showing of Goonies was also brilliant - went with a mate who had never even heard of it, let alone seen it, and he left a better person afterwards I think, what with all the 'hey you guys'

Somehow the current cinema tent just isnt the same.

good times.

9 minutes ago, paulshane said:

I miss the old cinema field. was great to wander up after the stages closed and watch films till the sun came up.

The always amusing "i'm spartacus" banter when some worse for wear festivaler was trying to find 'Dave' never got old.

I remember watching 'XXX' of all things and during the part where Vin Diesel is trapped in an avalanche, the moment he poked his hand out, someone shouted "HE'S ALIVE!"  and we all went wild.

The showing of Goonies was also brilliant - went with a mate who had never even heard of it, let alone seen it, and he left a better person afterwards I think, what with all the 'hey you guys'

Somehow the current cinema tent just isnt the same.

good times.

hehehe, my memory of the old cinema field is absolutely tripping my face off and wandering through when Tetsuo 2: Body Hammer was playing. Not quite the unifying experience you had ;)

I'd forgotten about the old cinema field, we camped within earshot of it in 2002.

I miss raving round a market stall in the early morning and the large bottles of brothers.  Also the ladies in long skirts with baskets of hash balls....sitting on the grass with blokes walking past selling cold beer.

I have not been to a sunrise at the stone circle since 2007, I gather that it's not like it used to be - chilled out with people drumming / playing guitars.  I'm going to go this year though, for old times sake if nothing else.  As I've just said in the charity bin thread, 10 years since I was proposed to there.

43 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

With you on this, they were absolutely beautiful. Seeing hundreds go up from the stone circle was pretty awe inspiring. I think I even sent an incredibly soppy text to my girlfriend at the time about them. :lol:

48 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Double post.

Edited by zero000

Definitely miss the 2 litre brothers bottles

Space for a decent camp fire

Not having to queue for late night area

Buying a ticket in local shop 

My youth ha ha 

Edited by cidy

turning up 6pm on the wednesday and getting a spot for 10+ in kidney mead no problem (last achieved in 2005)

campsite fires

lots of little pockets of action around the site after headliners rather than all concentrated on the S.E corner

lots of really fucked up people rather than just posh students on mandy 

1. Doves!

2. The first year of Shangri La and the lanes - I was like a kid in a sweet shop, great fun finding all the secret passageways and micro venues. It was a stunning set up

3. The first year of Arcadia in that small field next to Avalon. A real OMG moment, I can remember seeing the flames from our camping spot in Row Mead, and thinking wtf, I am sure I could feel the heat from the flames from there as well - must be a good half a mile away. Headed there the next night and thought it was absolutely jaw dropping

1 hour ago, incident said:

It alternated a bit between open mic (during the day), to the jam thing (evenings/night).

They used to proudly boast that they were the first to open and last to close - advertising themselves as running 24/7 from 10am Wednesday to 10am Monday.

Unfortunately they got shut down for ignoring volume limits sometime during the 2007 Festival, and haven't been back since.

Like Icarus, they flew too close to the sun...

1 minute ago, Andeeroo said:

Wednesday evening - the cheering and whooping which would gradually make its way around the whole site, mexican wave stylee. Haven't heard that in a long time.

it also seemed to be more prevalent back in the day when the sun came out from behind the clouds ... maybe my hearing was better back then though :)