Jump to content
HalfAnIdiot

Foo Fighters

Recommended Posts

I'd say they'll definitely play Black Hole Sun or something by Audioslave as a tribute to Chris Cornell. Dave must have known him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whereas at first I was mostly just going to see them for a nostalgia trip/because there wasn't much to pull me away, the closer it's getting and with the release of that surprisingly good/not shit song I'm actually pretty stoked for this now so thought I'd give a realistic setlist a go. Some wishful thinking but mostly realistic considering they'll almost definitely be doing a straight up greatest hits set there isn't that much wiggle room:

1. Run
2. Learn to Fly
3. White Limo
4. Times Like These
5. Big Me
6. The Pretender
7. My Hero
8. Arlandria
9. Something From Nothing
10. This is a Call
11. Breakout
12. Rope
13. Walk
14. For All the Cows
15. Stacked Actors
16. Best of You

17. All My Life
18. Aurora
19. Monkey Wrench
20. Everlong

You can pretty much guarantee they'll play Cold Day in the Sun and something shit from Sonic Highways instead of Aurora and Stacked Actors but ah well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-3 at 6:07 PM, Madyaker said:

I'd say they'll definitely play Black Hole Sun or something by Audioslave as a tribute to Chris Cornell. Dave must have known him.

Grohl went to Cornell's funeral, and directed a video from Soundgarden's last album (By Crooked Steps). I'll be surprised if there isn't some sort of tribute, and he does like a cover version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Grohl went to Cornell's funeral, and directed a video from Soundgarden's last album (By Crooked Steps). I'll be surprised if there isn't some sort of tribute, and he does like a cover version.

Would be nice if he did something other than Black Hole Sun - always found that song incredibly overrated in the grand scheme of Soundgarden/Cornell - but that's probably what we'll get. Be a nice moment anyway, and depending on what state I'm in, tears may well be shed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FloorFiller said:

Would be nice if he did something other than Black Hole Sun - always found that song incredibly overrated in the grand scheme of Soundgarden/Cornell - but that's probably what we'll get. Be a nice moment anyway, and depending on what state I'm in, tears may well be shed.

It's the right mood but I think they might well do something different, just because Black Hole Sun is a difficult song to sing. Maybe Fell on Black Days, or Cochise (which Nothing But Thieves have been doing a cover of).

3 minutes ago, FatAmmy said:

play Hunger Strike!

If only Vedder was free on the Saturday night!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Whereas at first I was mostly just going to see them for a nostalgia trip/because there wasn't much to pull me away, the closer it's getting and with the release of that surprisingly good/not shit song I'm actually pretty stoked for this now so thought I'd give a realistic setlist a go. Some wishful thinking but mostly realistic considering they'll almost definitely be doing a straight up greatest hits set there isn't that much wiggle room:

1. Run
2. Learn to Fly
3. White Limo
4. Times Like These
5. Big Me
6. The Pretender
7. My Hero
8. Arlandria
9. Something From Nothing
10. This is a Call
11. Breakout
12. Rope
13. Walk
14. For All the Cows
15. Stacked Actors
16. Best of You

17. All My Life
18. Aurora
19. Monkey Wrench
20. Everlong

You can pretty much guarantee they'll play Cold Day in the Sun and something shit from Sonic Highways instead of Aurora and Stacked Actors but ah well.

What a setlist. I hate Cold Day in the Sun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice Setlist above there FloorFiller. 

Seen the Foo's 3 times including their best ever gig at the MK Bowl (in my opinion)

Songs that I really like and they are certain to play:

Everlong, Learn to Fly, My Hero, Monkey Wrench, Run (great new single!), Walk

 

Songs that I am not that fussed about yet most likely they will play:

Anything from Sonic Highways - likely Congregation, Cold Day in the Sun, Best of You

 

Songs I wish they would play, yet no chance in hell they will :( unfortunately:

Come Back, Disenchanted Lullaby, Exhausted, End Over End, Stacked Actors, M.I.A, Wind Up

 

Still looking forward to seeing them, they always deliver as a live act!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-7 at 3:44 PM, FloorFiller said:

Whereas at first I was mostly just going to see them for a nostalgia trip/because there wasn't much to pull me away, the closer it's getting and with the release of that surprisingly good/not shit song I'm actually pretty stoked for this now so thought I'd give a realistic setlist a go. Some wishful thinking but mostly realistic considering they'll almost definitely be doing a straight up greatest hits set there isn't that much wiggle room:

1. Run
2. Learn to Fly
3. White Limo
4. Times Like These
5. Big Me
6. The Pretender
7. My Hero
8. Arlandria
9. Something From Nothing
10. This is a Call
11. Breakout
12. Rope
13. Walk
14. For All the Cows
15. Stacked Actors
16. Best of You

17. All My Life
18. Aurora
19. Monkey Wrench
20. Everlong

You can pretty much guarantee they'll play Cold Day in the Sun and something shit from Sonic Highways instead of Aurora and Stacked Actors but ah well.

Aye Cold Day in the Sun and Congregation in for those. Reckon they'll have some kind of guests, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most recent setlist from 28th May:

All My Life

Times Like These

White Limo

Learn to Fly

Something From Nothing

The Pretender

Big Me (slow version)

My Hero

Another One Bites the Dust (Queen cover) (snippet)

Cold Day in the Sun

Congregation

Walk

These Days

Arlandria (with 867 5309/Jenny snippet)

Rope

Skin and Bones

Monkey Wrench

Best of You

Happy Birthday(to Dave's wife)

Everlong

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-7 at 7:18 PM, MikeEssex85 said:

Songs I wish they would play, yet no chance in hell they will :( unfortunately:

Come Back, Disenchanted Lullaby, Exhausted, End Over End, Stacked Actors, M.I.A, Wind Up

 

Yeah... No chance.

 

Foo Fighters love to ruin their setlists. They haven't played Headwires since the TiNLtL tour, and they've never played Live-In Skin.  They're even getting to the point where Aurora and Hey Johnny Park are regularly knocked off the setlists. Lunacy!!

 

They put the terrible version of Walking After You onto Colour & the Shape and put the great version on the X Files soundtrack.  A320 and Win or Lose never even make it onto an album! I'm Alone Again and Damn You Damn Everyone didn't even get properly recorded even even!

 

 ...but Cold Day in the Bloody Sun every damn time.

 

 

I really don't understand their decision making process.

Edited by fowls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-7 at 4:24 PM, Scruffylovemonster said:

With eddie on BV, eh @guypjfreak?

Can't have hunger strike without Eddie old son..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Most recent setlist from 28th May:

All My Life

Times Like These

White Limo

Learn to Fly

Something From Nothing

The Pretender

Big Me (slow version)

My Hero

Another One Bites the Dust (Queen cover) (snippet)

Cold Day in the Sun

Congregation

Walk

These Days

Arlandria (with 867 5309/Jenny snippet)

Rope

Skin and Bones

Monkey Wrench

Best of You

Happy Birthday(to Dave's wife)

Everlong

That set list would work for me  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Grohl mentions the 'Cheese and fuckin' Grain' and there's a bloke next to you waving his pants in the air like a lunatic.....that'll be me :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/06/2017 at 6:56 PM, Gnomicide said:

Most recent setlist from 28th May:

All My Life

Times Like These

White Limo

Learn to Fly

Something From Nothing

The Pretender

Big Me (slow version)

My Hero

Another One Bites the Dust (Queen cover) (snippet)

Cold Day in the Sun

Congregation

Walk

These Days

Arlandria (with 867 5309/Jenny snippet)

Rope

Skin and Bones

Monkey Wrench

Best of You

Happy Birthday(to Dave's wife)

Everlong

Again with the Queen cover. Even if it's only a snippet now, fuck sake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/06/2017 at 6:56 PM, Gnomicide said:

Most recent setlist from 28th May:

All My Life

Times Like These

White Limo

Learn to Fly

Something From Nothing

The Pretender

Big Me (slow version)

My Hero

Another One Bites the Dust (Queen cover) (snippet)

Cold Day in the Sun

Congregation

Walk

These Days

Arlandria (with 867 5309/Jenny snippet)

Rope

Skin and Bones

Monkey Wrench

Best of You

Happy Birthday(to Dave's wife)

Everlong

This'll do for me!

I'd hope they play Outside from Sonic Highways as it works awesome live. DoA as well...

Only they'll know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't understand why they have NEVER played 'I Am The River' from Sonic Highways live. That blaring out over the Pyramid Stage would a wonderful finale. But no... we get Cold Day In The Sun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always assumed that they play 'Cold Day In The Sun' every damn time to give Dave and his voice a 5/10 minute respite mid set - as he then likes to use it as an opportunity to introduce Pat, Chris, Nate and then Taylor to the crowd.  

There is no other suitable explanation, because it really is a very weak song which could easily be replaced by just about every other song from their back catalogue. 

Edited by st dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone think they might try and come on early?  They have a whole hour after The National finish and they did it before I think at T in the Park a few years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Huckleberry Finn said:
Just about to get going in Iceland. Tonight will obviously be a good indictor as to what to expect in eight days time.

That midnight sun.

38 minutes ago, RichieSpenno said:

Anyone think they might try and come on early?  They have a whole hour after The National finish and they did it before I think at T in the Park a few years ago. 

Nah it's kinda poor form to come on early at a festival init? Play past time by all means cos fans are already there but starting early means people could miss out. All the headliners have an hour setup time anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

That midnight sun.

Nah it's kinda poor form to come on early at a festival init? Play past time by all means cos fans are already there but starting early means people could miss out. All the headliners have an hour setup time anyway.

Yeah I suppose so.  More than happy for them to finish later!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×