Daft Punk

eFestivals

11 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

Thing is though this worked for many, where I saw it people and put in daft punk and Jay z in the search bar in the correct formation and the page loaded as literally that. 

It's probably nothing more than a page of acts they had look at, at best. 

16 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I thought I knew nothing about HIM till I read your post. 

Admittedly I only know he's a he not a they cos of here when he briefly appeared on the poster one year a la d'angelo this. 

Well, that shows just how little I know - thus backing up my point (which is that the NME should have a better handle on how to spell his name than I do!).

18 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Somewhat curious about what Daft Punk live in 2017 would entail.  Historically its been two robots in their control room, but I wonder if this would change considering RAM was performed mostly by musicians on real instruments, and with a large number of guest vocalists...

Can't see it changing that much. Surely they'll just beef them up a bit and chuck them into the mix (having heard the live album a bit, most of their tunes get a bit of remix before they're played 'live' anyway, don't they?).

18 minutes ago, merago said:

The Lollapalooza Chile lineup has dropped - https://www.lollapaloozacl.com/lineup/

So, some similarities there, but for the most part, the 'leaked' poster is inaccurate.  Not that that means much (and I note there are a couple of acts still to be announced, albeit they appear to be further down the bill).

The reason it's quite similar is that the top line (of the real one) and Duran Duran were all leaked in the news there a week or two ago, so the fake 'leaked poster' was working off some knowledge and some wishful thinking, ie. Radiohead and Daft Punk.

They wouldn't have been there anyway as Coachella don't pay millions to wait til everyone else has had their fun with the olives, but the COS and P4K denials are likely connected enough to be believed.

39 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

not boding well for this happening at Glastonbury then. what with them not appearing at Lolla and, according to the CoS guy, not booked to headline Coachella, i'd say it's very doubtful they will've been booked for Glastonbury

Agreed, COS were correct that the poster was fake and RH weren't there. Very close connections I believe to Coachella interests, they very rarely update anything Glasto wise until Efests does but they find out others before and I'd guess Neil could find out but probably is happy to wait for drop.

3 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Alright you've had your fun, stop it now.

Let's all return to the world a few days ago when DP were looking possible - I liked that world more.

I'm not particularly put-off by anything of that announcement, in stil in the same place of thinking they might be at Glasto. My info is independent of stuff like that, and I'll repeat: it comes from an excellent source.

(but i'll also repeat that sources like that have been known to be wrong all the same, so there's no way I'm guaranteeing it's correct).

I still remember seeing them at Wireless Festival in Leeds, I bought tickets on a whim. They definitely didn't sell out instantly, I'm pretty sure I bought them a few weeks after going on sale. And though I really liked Discovery I probably wouldn't have bought the tickets had LCD, CSS and Digitalism not been on the same bill. I never thought I'd be seeing one of the all time classic live shows of our generation.

Until it started. The whole thing was absolutely mesmerising and one of my first thoughts was how I wished I could see that pyramid on the Pyramid itself. I hope they don't change much of their touring set up when they eventually tour again, though I guess they probably will. 

1 hour ago, arcade fireman said:

I still remember seeing them at Wireless Festival in Leeds, I bought tickets on a whim. They definitely didn't sell out instantly, I'm pretty sure I bought them a few weeks after going on sale. And though I really liked Discovery I probably wouldn't have bought the tickets had LCD, CSS and Digitalism not been on the same bill. I never thought I'd be seeing one of the all time classic live shows of our generation.

Until it started. The whole thing was absolutely mesmerising and one of my first thoughts was how I wished I could see that pyramid on the Pyramid itself. I hope they don't change much of their touring set up when they eventually tour again, though I guess they probably will. 

Not sure they will, surely Coachella have offered them it every year for the last few years minimum.